TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Momentos from past events

mrfarmdog

I thought this would be a fun topic. This item is from the old Stangsunleashed days and was a reservation card that was on the table at a pizza place we ate at the Dearborn event. Sharon probably assembled this piece! LOL I still have this hanging on my wall above my desk.

What a fun event that was! Thanks Robert and Sharon for some fun memories!

100_7211.jpg

John,

I keep just about everything, even pictures of Chris! :hysterical: My wife says that is the only reason we take the truck and trailer so I can haul all the stuff home. I have it all boxed up and labeled and once I finish building the building I will then go thru all that stuff and use to decorate the "Man Cave". Who knows, some of this stuff may be worth something someday. Even if it's not, it brings back great memories. Craig

I have some cool Momentos from the 35th, 40th and 45th Mustang Anniversary Shows put on by the MCA. I also have some Momentos and items signed by Carroll Shelby from SAAC 26 & SAAC 28. I believe it was SAAC 26 that was the first time I actually met Carroll Shelby, Cleo Shelby and Gary Paterson in person. I was in line getting another Autograph from him and that was when CS told me that "Cleo just loves me, she thinks I am the nicest guy" and then he told me that he wants to sit down with me and go over a few things with me. (I was Licensed by him to produce some special edition Authorized Mustangs and Trucks).

I also keep everything, but it just gets thrown into the Shelby box. Probably the most coveted are the Bullrun coins and medal and Terlingua stuff we got. Heck, even the fender stripes and Bunny shield are most coveted, and I was lucky to get many of the Bullrun checkpoint cards. Then there is the CS stinson hat Robert Parker gave me....and the Ford parts that the head of Ford racing sent me.....wow....what a long list......you know, now that I think of it, I guess all the items I keep have some memory attached to them, except maybe the Bullrun surfboard wax and the CS bust coffee mug....hideous...LOL

I also keep everything, but it just gets thrown into the Shelby box. Probably the most coveted are the Bullrun coins and medal and Terlingua stuff we got. Heck, even the fender stripes and Bunny shield are most coveted, and I was lucky to get many of the Bullrun checkpoint cards. Then there is the CS stinson hat Robert Parker gave me....and the Ford parts that the head of Ford racing sent me.....wow....what a long list......you know, now that I think of it, I guess all the items I keep have some memory attached to them, except maybe the Bullrun surfboard wax and the CS bust coffee mug....hideous...LOL

I also have a box marked "SHELBY". Been dragging it around for over three years now. Nothing in it as cool as some of the stuff you guys are talking about though.

All the plastic coverings from the PDI that I asked the dealership 'not to do', so as I could remove myself and keep. A Cobra belt buckle I found at a kids store in PHX. Odd articles I have kept on the "NEW' '07 GT500 coming soon. A couple of which were in the In Flight magazines on airplanes, over the years. One of which, has Carroll leaning on the fender of my white/blue stripe car. The fastest color, btw!! :) My completely hermetically sealed owners manual pkg. , the giant vinyl GT500 poster that was in my dealerships window for advertisement, (white/blue stripe coupe) and lots of other collectible doo-dads that I have acquired along the way! Also, for whatever reason, I have 2007-8 and 9 Mustang new car brochures, all of which have my White 500 in them. It will take the new owner of this car in some years from now about an hour to go through all of this crap! Hahaha

Archived