TEAM SHELBY FORUM

'07 Shelby spotted, pics within

Evil95GT

Per the *LAW*, and I hope I don't get in trouble for this:

I found a thread on another site that included pics of a GT500 spotted in Florida.

The original thread can be found here. Original source is Corral

Good find Evil (I like your name BTW)! Wonder how they got the interior dash picture - looks like it was taken from the drivers side seat?

No problem guys! The way I see it, if I find info, it has to be shared on this board. I'm 100% certain that this site contains the highest number of GT500 prospective buyers, enthusiasts, and fans. Pair that with the fact that I know how much y'all appreciate even the smallest tidbit of news and info, and it's pretty easy to see why I stake out as many sites as I can looking for new info. :)

As far as the ride height, they do seem to be sporting the 4x4 stance. This is just my opinion, but I truly do believe that the last time Ford got the ride height correct, the year was 1993. From '94 to today, the wheelwell gap seems to have grown with each change (1994-98, again from 1999-2004, and again in 2005). I've always wished that a designer would catch on to how many people lower these cars as a first mod just to make them look the way they should have from the design room floor, LOL. A lower, aggressive stance not only aids in handling, it works woners for the overall look of the vehicle.

The man who posted the pictures noted that a datalogger was visable in the cars he saw. What I found unusual was the fact that 1) the pic of the interior was clearly shoit from the driver's seat (as noted by Joe G) and 2) the engine pic............how in the world did he get them to pop the hood? In my experience, I have seen ONE prototype vehicle in my area. This car was what should have been known as the SVT Thunderbird. I live less than 5 miles from the plant where the cars were made, and when I saw the guy gassing up, I pulled into the Sunoco station, playing it off like I was refueling as well. :idea: When the man walked inside the station, I walked over to the car, peeked into the driver's side window, and checked out what *looked* to be Cobra R wheels on the car. When he appeared, I said "Sir, this is a very nice car. I noticed it had SVT badging on it. Any idea when this car is coming out?". He gave me this weird look, and said "I'm not at liberty to discuss this". So I said "Can I look under the hood? Or can you tell me what's in it? I heard they were going to have a 32v 4.6". He said "Again, I'm not at liberty to discuss this, good day" and he drove away. I was ticked at his assholishness (is this a word? LOL), but pleased as punch that I got to see the car up close. So again, I'm wondering how the dude got these pics.

And Jow, thanks for the compliment on the name. If you like that, you should meet the car that inspired it! I swear, it's possessed or something. :yup:

As far as the ride height, they do seem to be sporting the 4x4 stance. This is just my opinion, but I truly do believe that the last time Ford got the ride height correct, the year was 1993. From '94 to today, the wheelwell gap seems to have grown with each change (1994-98, again from 1999-2004, and again in 2005). I've always wished that a designer would catch on to how many people lower these cars as a first mod just to make them look the way they should have from the design room floor, LOL. A lower, aggressive stance not only aids in handling, it works woners for the overall look of the vehicle.

The 2001 Mustang GT Bullitt was lowered 3/4" versus the stock GT, but numerous complaints about bottoming out over speedbumps and such had Ford reconsidering this when the next special edition Mustang came out....... The 2003-4 Mach 1's were lowered, but only by 1/2" versus the stock GT. Keep in mind that all of us enthusiasts like to lower our cars for the right look and stance, but the large majority of buyers do not and some (obviously enough) complain about issues like hitting speed bumps so Ford would rather play it conservative and leave the lowering to the end user.

I noticed a few things in these photos....

1. Their seems to be a gentleman in the drivers seat in one of the photos, he must have opened the hood & let him inside the car for those photos.

2. The Insiders Photo of the steering wheel & Panel, there is RED stitching on the steering wheel & the Hood sticks up well above the dash board (which doesn't have the Leather upgrade.) :shrug:

3. The Red "missing" button looks to now be a power point plug-in for the Valentine1 Radar detector you are going to need to plug in to save your butt from many tickets.

4. The front end shot shows dual horns behind the grill. should have been moved farther to the side for more air-flow to get rid of those plastic air-extractors

5. The person who took the photos seems to have hit the jackpot, cause their seems to be a lot of Shelbys in that parking lot. tHanks for sharing'em

6. The Battery is mounted up by the Passenger firewall.

What is it with those people on Corral. All so negative. :nonono:

That is why I spend most of my time here and tms. SVTP is not too bad, but, there are a few haters there also.

3. The Red "missing" button looks to now be a power point plug-in for the Valentine1 Radar detector you are going to need to plug in to save your butt from many tickets.

No Valentine. Go with the Passport SR7, or SRX. Stealth is key, especially when driving through Virginia. :D

I thought svt performance was full of haters, but that site was nothing but haters. I don't think anyone their liked the car. :nonono:

Look at it this way, both of those Sites are largely SVT Cobra Sites.

In a matter of weeks the 03/04 Terminators will look Very Aged! :cry:

No longer the Stock Mustang HP Kings. :nonono:

Look at it this way, both of those Sites are largely SVT Cobra Sites.

In a matter of weeks the 03/04 Terminators will look Very Aged! :cry:

No longer the Stock Mustang HP Kings. :nonono:

I like the 03/04 Cobras very much, but Terminators will be terminated.

Let me tell you how Corral works.

If you have an 87-93 Mustang 5.0 with 3.73s and Flowmasters, *and* you allow the forum to pick all future mods, you're gold over @ Corral.

If you think 79-86 Mustang "four eyes" are hideous, you're hated.

If you don't brag about how much alcohol you can drink, and post anout it every Friday, you're also a lowly person.

If you fail to kiss the asses of certain people, you're unpopular.

If you do ANYTHING outside the norm to your car (this means anything different on the exterior, such as a three color paint job, or if you swap any engine into your Mustang outside of a Ford 460), you're a freak with a nasty car. Also, you're not allowed to change from EFI to carbed and vice versa............that's the Corral cardinal sin.

Basically, the site consists of a bunch of folks who can't think for themselves, so they hop on the coat tails of whomever happens to be king shit at the time. Pretty much followers, if that's what you wanna call it. If Corral was the only website dealing with Mustangs, we'd never see anything on the road save for a bunch of stock four eyed cars, and an assload of Fox bodies, all with the Corral's gold standard in mods : off road h-pipe, two chamber Flows, and 3.73 gears/ :boring:

I spotted four Shelby GT500's in Marion NC yesterday. They looked great esp the orange one. Wish I had a camera sorry guys. They had the mich manufacters tag and headed north on 221 towards blue ridge parkway. great looking rides, nice grills.

I spotted four Shelby GT500's in Marion NC yesterday. They looked great esp the orange one. Wish I had a camera sorry guys. They had the mich manufacters tag and headed north on 221 towards blue ridge parkway. great looking rides, nice grills.

Just wait until the guys from the Grabber Orange Registry read that. They'll be on you like flies on..... well, you know. :yup:

Damn. Grabberrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I wanna see it. Too bad you didn't had a camera.

They looked great esp the orange one.

You've made a powerful enemy my friend!! :angry2:

Just wait until the guys from the Grabber Orange Registry read that. They'll be on you like flies on..... well, you know. :yup:

You said it, Orf. We'll send out the hitmen to rough up this infidel!!

(in you best Godfather voice): The G.O.R. don't take kindly to missing opportunities like this!! :nonono:

Just don't let it happen again!! :D

You've made a powerful enemy my friend!! :angry2:

You said it, Orf. We'll send out the hitmen to rough up this infidel!!

(in you best Godfather voice): The G.O.R. don't take kindly to missing opportunities like this!! :nonono:

Just don't let it happen again!! :D

Or we'll make you an offer you can't refuse. Think about the horse in the Godfather.

Archived