TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Daily Driver

BIKEBOY

Had ( 3 ) Rangers, 93, 98, & 2007, decided last year I needed to upgrade a 10 year old D/D truck.

As the order banks for the 2018 MY opened on 15 May, I could have ordered an 18, but ordered a 17 on 25 May 2017.

There were things about the 18's I didn't need or want, 10 speed, & auto stop/start, were 2, and depending on what you ordered in a 17 MY, you still had a choice.

Went with a 17 F150 Lariat Scab, 5.0,  and so far I have no regrets..

Easter_2018_pics_007.jpg

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had an '96 Aerostar XLT for many years (don't laugh). Mostly highway miles for  traveling to photo shoots. Had a buddy build a bed platform/storage compartments so I could be on location for the right light, and save on hotel rooms. I'm guessing I slept in the back for a total of 2 years during the late 90's to mid '00's. Pushed it to 450K+ miles before a lot of things wore out at the same time.

Nowadays I drive a 2012 Venza as my DD. I did have an 07 Escape before that but my nephew got it as a hand-me-down.

I had to part with my F1-Thirstie a little while back (Gas cost was killing me) and have had a couple DDs since.

Got a good deal on 530xi last September and is great in the snow.  (AWD)  1st 4 door car and getting used to it.

530xi resize.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I’m looking at a new Frontier 2WD Desert Runner now. The look of four wheel drive, without the insurance, maintenance or resale value. :hysterical: 

Seriously though.....it’s a cool pkg. for the coin. I’ve found a few of em tht are aggressively priced. The all new 2019 Frontier is slated for a big change (looks like the ‘19 Ranger) and so they prolly wanna blow through these remaining ‘18’s.  Could bode well for me? 

Gotta move the SGT first however. :cool: 

• 1 year later...
On 5/10/2018 at 1:38 PM, BIKEBOY said:

I’m looking at a new Frontier 2WD Desert Runner now. The look of four wheel drive, without the insurance, maintenance or resale value. :hysterical: 

Seriously though.....it’s a cool pkg. for the coin. I’ve found a few of em tht are aggressively priced. The all new 2019 Frontier is slated for a big change (looks like the ‘19 Ranger) and so they prolly wanna blow through these remaining ‘18’s.  Could bode well for me? 

Gotta move the SGT first however. :cool: 

Well, that ^^^^^ did not happen. 

But this did....

So far, after about five months and 5000 miles, it’s been fun to drive. 

2006 with just 30K on it. Still smells new. I’m sure most of you know what happened to the SGT. 

Pick up a new daily driver over the weekend.  It's a new 2019  Mustang Premium Convertible with Pony Package and something called "Active Valve Exhaust System".  It looks pretty cool with the quad-exhaust pipe like my 2014 Shelby GT500.   Don't know if it makes any performance difference but it does make more noise in the Sport and Track Modes.  As a guy who's always had V-8's, I'm not sure about the sound.  It sure doesn't sound like my Shelbys (LOL).  But the 25 mpg in daily driving will be nice.

HAM_7768 - Copy.JPG

2 hours ago, Bill Hamilton said:

Pick up a new daily driver over the weekend.  It's a new 2019  Mustang Premium Convertible with Pony Package and something called "Active Valve Exhaust System".  It looks pretty cool with the quad-exhaust pipe like my 2014 Shelby GT500.   Don't know if it makes any performance difference but it does make more noise in the Sport and Track Modes.  As a guy who's always had V-8's, I'm not sure about the sound.  It sure doesn't sound like my Shelbys (LOL).  But the 25 mpg in daily driving will be nice.

HAM_7768 - Copy.JPG

That’s nice looking Bill. 👍

• 2 months later...
On 8/19/2019 at 1:59 PM, BIKEBOY said:

Well, that ^^^^^ did not happen. 

But this did....

So far, after about five months and 5000 miles, it’s been fun to drive. 

2006 with just 30K on it. Still smells new. I’m sure most of you know what happened to the SGT. 

Damn! This truck was perfect in every way...low miles, clean as a pin...a great DD. But, as it turns out, wifee was not keen on the manual trans in it. The clutch was too long a travel for her and she never ended up driving it. 😖 We sold it to a long time Team Shelby member buddy of mine. His wife won’t let HIM drive it now! :lol: 

So, we went back to the drawing board. Now, she barely lets ME drive this!!! 🙄 Good grief....

It’s a hoot to drive. Very nice for a Chrysler product, I must say. 

Archived