TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Daily Driver

BIKEBOY

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

ME, either a 120k mile 2006 Mercury Mountaineer or a 170k mile 2000 F150 Supercrew

WIFE, 2010 Mercedes Benz ML550

SON, 2001 Mustang Bullitt DHG

DAUGHTER, 2008 Mercedes Benz C300

Clearly I drive the beaters and the fam gets the sweet DD's :headscratch:

Just curious what other FORD and SHELBY guys drive as their beaters? :waiting:

Up until about 2 months ago:

Me: 2006 GMC Sierra SLE Regular Cab/Regular Bed loaded to HD specs and all electronics.

Wife: 2004 Mercedes Benz ML320 (SUV) highly optioned

We both got the new car bug at about the same time and now:

Me: 2011 Ford F-150 4x4 Crew Cab Short-bed - King Ranch Edition w/3.7L Ecoboost

Her: 2011 Ford Flex Limited, highly optioned EXCEPT for Ecoboost or Flex Fuel! (ARRRGH!)

And of course, my 2010 Shelby GT500 (rarely driven because the weather out here SUCKS BIG DONKY DICK!!!)

My Ford dealer (Phil Long Ford Motor City) LOVES me! <lol>

Phill Pollard - Co. Springs, CO

ME, either a 120k mile 2006 Mercury Mountaineer or a 170k mile 2000 F150 Supercrew

SON, 2001 Mustang Bullitt DHG

DAUGHTER, 2008 Mercedes Benz C300

Clearly I drive the beaters and the fam gets the sweet DD's :headscratch:

Hmmmmmmmmm, Bullitt huh? ;)

I think I asked you this before but don't remember the answer. Is that ML55 a AMG or do the ML AMG's have the 6.3 in them now.

I *really* like the look of the ML AMG, or at least the 2002 ML AMG I was looking at (Silver w/sport body parts and wheels).

My wife just traded off her ML on a Flex and she's already singing the blues. She always thought the MBZ was "a piece of shit" but now that she's driving a domestic, she realizes how well built and good the Benz was.

OH WELLLL!

Phill (and I LOVE my King Ranch F-150!!!)

I think I asked you this before but don't remember the answer. Is that ML55 a AMG or do the ML AMG's have the 6.3 in them now.

I *really* like the look of the ML AMG, or at least the 2002 ML AMG I was looking at (Silver w/sport body parts and wheels).

My wife just traded off her ML on a Flex and she's already singing the blues. She always thought the MBZ was "a piece of shit" but now that she's driving a domestic, she realizes how well built and good the Benz was.

OH WELLLL!

Phill (and I LOVE my King Ranch F-150!!!)

Hey Phill,

We almost bought a barely used (7k mile) ML63 AMG, but cooler heads prevailed...lol. Our ML550 is a 5.5L 382HP 4matic unit, it has got more than enough cojones. It get to 100 very rapidly. It does has the AMG front & rear fascia, as well as the AMG running boards..I think it is a fantastic vehicle

2008 Ford Escape, V6, 4wd..just a few mods to it;

20110724_18.jpg

20110724_22.jpg

Not bashing, just confused.... a Ford Escape with SHELBY badges with Alberta vanity plates that say UKPONY2 and a South Florida Stangs window sticker? And are those v6 Mustang wheels? Again, not bashing, just VERY CONFUSED! :headscratch:

Not bashing, just confused.... a Ford Escape with SHELBY badges with Alberta vanity plates that say UKPONY2 and a South Florida Stangs window sticker? And are those v6 Mustang wheels? Again, not bashing, just VERY CONFUSED! :headscratch:

Glad you're not bashing :)

The SFS decal is to represent the club where my GF lives and where I'll hopefully be next year...for now I'm in AB...the UKPONY2 plate was on my '05 coupe that matched (sort of) my CS6 which has always worn the plate UKPONY.

The Shelby badging is there just for fun and because it's my ride & I can do what I want :slapfight::hysterical: , also because I had a bunch of people on a different forum say that I could NOT do it so to be honest it's a bit of a middle finger to them :). I do not pretend that it has any Shelby heritage, I do not believe that anyone would be dumb enough to think that it had any either but if Shelby themselves could build a Terlingua Ranger why can I not have some fun with my Escape?

You're correct that those are the OEM wheels from my vert before the CS conversion - they look infinitely better than the bulky, ugly, stock 'scape rims.

Hopefully I've cleared up the confusion and even more so I hope I've not come across as being an a$$hole while doing it - if I did it was not my intention.

...and even more so I hope I've not come across as being an a$$hole while doing it - if I did it was not my intention.

Not at all, you admit there was quite a few "things" going on there. Not being critical at all, just got a kick out of all the different things I saw in those pictures! I also hope I didn't com across as an a-hole.

Not at all, you admit there was quite a few "things" going on there. Not being critical at all, just got a kick out of all the different things I saw in those pictures! I also hope I didn't com across as an a-hole.

No worries, you came across fine :)

I'm used to it creating a reaction of some sort in people, confusion is the main one so you're not alone.

I've always been the sort of person that if you tell me something can't be done I may just do it anyway simply to prove you wrong..that goes way back to highschool where my math teacher implied that math wasn't for me and that I should take the easier class....I refused, got an A in my exams and now work as a Financial Advisor :)....so the people that told me I could not do this to my Escape (also the same people who told me not to build the CS6) didn't stand a chance :P .

As far as I'm concerned people should be encouraged to do things that are a bit different..ok sometimes the results can be a bit of a trainwreck and doubtless there are some people who think that of my 'scape (hopefully they have the good manners to keep that sort of comment to themselves) but sometimes they'll create something truly interesting and unique - that, to me, is what the car hobby is all about.

• 3 years later...

I started this thread over four years ago, and ALOT has changed for me. I had a '99 Exploder SPORT 2Dr. when I started this thread (living in the Great White North) as a visitor. Then moved back down to the eastern US in Jan. '11 and bought a brand new Toyota Tundra of which I drove as my DD till March of this year. And now................................

2014 RAM Quad Cab Express with a 5.7L HEMI and 4WD.

15224157954_8fff705b0e_c.jpg
2014 RAM Nov. 2014 by shelbybikeboy, on Flickr

15659076740_3c51443933_c.jpg
'14 RAM New NITTOS by shelbybikeboy, on Flickr

Maybe things have changed for you guys too? Or...maybe some new TS members did not see this thread?

Let's see what you drive when your baby, garage queen, toy, favorite car, is parked either for the winter or just to keep the miles off her!

:victory:

Archived