TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Daily Driver

BIKEBOY

Last Friday I sold the Exploder, as I have posted already.

So, after very close scrutiny and narrowing down of lots of things.....I have it down to two different trucks for my next DD.

Most of the reason for the truck is the need for hauling bicycles, as I am intending on opening a new store here straight away.

Option 1) 2007 Dodge RAM SPORT 4wd Reg. Cab. Hemi 5.7 White Automatic...10k original miles...VERY Clean!

Option2) 2010 F150 2wd Long Bed XL model (rubber floor) Vermillion Red 4.6 V8...3k original miles...

The F150 would need wheels / tires immediately, just to look decent. The HEMI hauls arse! But only gets 12mpg's. Both trucks get leveling kits, as I despise the 'stinkbug' look!!

Then there's the love of the Blue Oval!!!? :headscratch:

I would sincerely love input guys. On either?

:lurk:

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, after very close scrutiny and narrowing down of lots of things.....I have it down to two different trucks for my next DD.

Most of the reason for the truck is the need for hauling bicycles, as I am intending on opening a new store here straight away.

Option 1) 2007 Dodge RAM SPORT 4wd Reg. Cab. Hemi 5.7 White Automatic...10k original miles...VERY Clean!

Option2) 2010 F150 2wd Long Bed XL model (rubber floor) Vermillion Red 4.6 V8...3k original miles...

The F150 would need wheels / tires immediately, just to look decent. The HEMI hauls arse! But only gets 12mpg's. Both trucks get leveling kits, as I despise the 'stinkbug' look!!

In your business, get the one with the bigger bed, of course all other things being equal. :)

I would get the F150 and later get the SS package for it, then in will haul butt

Today I took the entire day to go drive the three trucks I have narrowed my search down to.

First, the 2010 F150 long bed 4.6 2wd...............................too sluggish.

Second, 2011 F250 2wd reg cab 6.2 litre....................................new 6spd. AOD tranny, terrible shift feel!! It makes the motor 'over-rev', and the truck goes nowhere?

Third, 2007 Dodge RAM 4wd short bed reg. cab SPORT Hemi 5.7..................................20" wheels, rides like skateboard wheels! Way too rough. TONS-o-power though! :shades:

So, I come home and get on the computer to keep looking. I go to EBay Motors, and start looking for Toyota Tundras this time. Whalah!! I find a brand new 2010 2wd reg cab short box 4.6L 310 hp V8 automatic. Sticker still in the window. 26 miles on the ticker. They have it discounted $7K off the MSRP!

It's "The One"! I am gonna have to do 2" strut tower rizers to level the stinkbug look. And, I'm gonna do some cooler rims...but , I can easily afford to do it with the huge discount! Funny, I sold Toyota parts for just over ten years, and haven't cared much for their offerings here of late. But, after looking at the Tundras, I like the look of the 'smooth' lines and the bulky sheetmetal. They look tough. And, it goes unsaid...the Toyota quality. I just need to keep the floor mat away from the gas pedal!!! :hysterical:

Pulled the trigger! B O O M!!!!!!!

2010 Tundra 4.6L V8 Short Box 2WD Reg. Cab... Vey nice truck. I just couldn't do any of the above mentioned trucks. And, I damn sure wasn't going to even look at a Chevy! They are fugly IMO!!

It's coming from a dealer in WI. It's been sitting on their lot for over a year. No-one wants a 2WD in Wisconsin!? They do have traction control and posi...so, I'm gonna do a set of Nitto Terra Grapplers. Way oversized at 285-60/18, from the stockers at 255-70's. The truck comes with 4:10 gears! It should have NO problem turning those bigger tires. I think Toyota does a great job with the stock gearing...knowing that the average guy is going to put oversized tires on it. I love that line of thinking, personally.

The first thing I will do as soon as it gets here, is a pair of RIZE front strut mount risers. 2" levelers. They are great for the two wheel drive trucks. It's just a little sketchy on 4x4's, as it can give you the death wobbles when the pitch of the front driveline changes too dramatically. These trucks, (as well as all of the modern trucks of all brands) stinkbug pretty badly. They are trying to accomodate for heavy loads obviously. I'm never gonna haul anything of any significance. Just a bunch of boxed bicycles. It will be perfect for that. Too bad it won't tow the SHELBY. That's probably a little too much for it? Lol...

It feels weird buying a Jap vehicle? I sold Toyota parts for ten years, and never really had many of them, as I have always been a Ford guy. I did have a 1990 4WD truck, (before they were called Tacomas). That was cool, and got great fuel economy. I never thought I would see the day that Toyota would have a V8 truck!! Nonetheless, the day that I might buy one! :hysterical:

When I get the tires on and the front end raised, I'll get some pictures. Maybe a pair of Vista Blue triple rocker stripes?? :happy feet: I'm kidding!

Pulled the trigger! B O O M!!!!!!!

2010 Tundra 4.6L V8 Short Box 2WD Reg. Cab... Vey nice truck. I just couldn't do any of the above mentioned trucks. And, I damn sure wasn't going to even look at a Chevy! They are fugly IMO!!

It's coming from a dealer in WI. It's been sitting on their lot for over a year. No-one wants a 2WD in Wisconsin!? They do have traction control and posi...so, I'm gonna do a set of Nitto Terra Grapplers. Way oversized at 285-60/18, from the stockers at 255-70's. The truck comes with 4:10 gears! It should have NO problem turning those bigger tires. I think Toyota does a great job with the stock gearing...knowing that the average guy is going to put oversized tires on it. I love that line of thinking, personally.

The first thing I will do as soon as it gets here, is a pair of RIZE front strut mount risers. 2" levelers. They are great for the two wheel drive trucks. It's just a little sketchy on 4x4's, as it can give you the death wobbles when the pitch of the front driveline changes too dramatically. These trucks, (as well as all of the modern trucks of all brands) stinkbug pretty badly. They are trying to accomodate for heavy loads obviously. I'm never gonna haul anything of any significance. Just a bunch of boxed bicycles. It will be perfect for that. Too bad it won't tow the SHELBY. That's probably a little too much for it? Lol...

It feels weird buying a Jap vehicle? I sold Toyota parts for ten years, and never really had many of them, as I have always been a Ford guy. I did have a 1990 4WD truck, (before they were called Tacomas). That was cool, and got great fuel economy. I never thought I would see the day that Toyota would have a V8 truck!! Nonetheless, the day that I might buy one! :hysterical:

When I get the tires on and the front end raised, I'll get some pictures. Maybe a pair of Vista Blue triple rocker stripes?? :happy feet: I'm kidding!

Don't laugh, I was at a redlight the other day and a big black newer Tundra pulled up next to me. I looked over and he had the Shelby style Cobra emblems stuck on the front fenders just like on a Shelby. I was kinda taken back for the moment as the truck looked completely stock except for the emblems. As he pulled off I noticed he had one on the tailgate also. :doh:

Daily driver is split duty between the SGT and an 01 Audi A6 2.7T Quattro... great in the snow... when the tires are good... which isn't often because the aggressive camber on the car shreds tires about every 4k miles... hate the car and the ridonkulous amount of astronomically expensive care/repair it takes. NEVER BUY AN AUDI OFF WARRANTY. Just sayin'...

Oh and the wife daily drives an 08 Honda Ridgeline RTX, which I really do like for a urban utility vehicle... not too big but gets nearly any job done we need.

2002 F-350 Diesel, or 1985 F250 Diesel, The Shelby Hibernates in the garage with a car cover in the winter. Don't want to get that Indiana Road salt on it so it can rot away. Trucks are the winter vehicles, not to mention the SGT would get stuck on a wet noodle, so it does not stand a chance in a foot of snow!

I gotta say, my wife is currently driving a 5000 mile 2010 Taurus rental / loaner while her special order 2011 Maxima is on order...(company car)...don't flame me!! :hysterical:

I must say...the Taurus is a giant lump of wasted metal, plastic and rubber! It's a base-ish model, quick enuf, but absolutely ZERO visibility and ZERO styling! I am very disappointed in this car being in the Ford lineup. I hope and pray that the SHO model upgrades, outweigh the negatives that I see and feel in this car? I would never buy one of these new Taurus'!

I believe the Maxima is another few weeks away. I can't wait to drive that one actually. :shift:

EDIT- Oh and by the way...the Taurus shares the drivetrain with the Edge, of which she had while we were in Toronto. That thing was in the shop twice for a leaky front left axle seal. It's a TSB issue. This Taurus with 5k miles on it has the exact same wreak of trans fluid in the cabin now, that the Edge always developed!! The Edge was an '08. This car is a '10...WTF Ford?

My shelby is my daily driver. i only drive it about ten miles a day.When i am not driveing the shelby it's eather a toyota sequoia or a chrysler town and country wheel chair assessible van.Nothing real exciting.But the sequoia is nice to drive with the sun roof open and all the windows down.I am looking for a old toyota fj40 landcruiser for my daily driver.

If I can talk my wife into it, I'm looking for a new daily driver. Anybody have a low miles (15K or less) fairly stock automatic legend lime mustang GT coupe(05 or 06) with tan leather interior they want to sell? One like this would be perfect. http://mustangattitude.com/cgi-bin/showcar.cgi?type=lot&pic=/2005/2005_00001_01

I'm a reserve deputy sheriff working in extraditions 3 days a week. The county is broke, so if you want to work you have to use your own vehicle. So, my daily driver is my unmarked black 2010 Dodge Charger.

All emergency equipment is hidden, but with cop wheels and dual spotlights, people generally get out of the way.

Me and a buddy bought this SVT Focus to build a NASA spec focus racer, but that got put on hold due to other drag race interests. So now that I have a new job 30 miles away, I needed to stop driving my '65 Mustang or the SWB Lincoln as daily drivers due to the miles. So I painted up the Focus, fixed it up a bit and put in on the street. So this is my daily driver for now.

twotone3.jpg

twotone2.jpg

Me and a buddy bought this SVT Focus to build a NASA spec focus racer, but that got put on hold due to other drag race interests. So now that I have a new job 30 miles away, I needed to stop driving my '65 Mustang or the SWB Lincoln as daily drivers due to the miles. So I painted up the Focus, fixed it up a bit and put in on the street. So this is my daily driver for now.

twotone3.jpg

twotone2.jpg

Jeff..that works!!

Sweet Driver Jeff! Where you workin' now btw?

2006 Hyundai Sonata, or 07 Chev. Taho, I have a 2000 Ford F-350 for towing the boat, though the Tahoe does it well too. I also have a 8' Western Snow Plow that I install on the F-350 for bad snow days. My girls drive Ford Focus, Mazda Protege, and my son (lucky guy) has a 2001 Mustang GT.

• 4 weeks later...

My daily driver is a 1980 Mercury Cougar XR-7. It was a Hertz rental car so i guess it fits well with the GT-H in the garage. Wife has a 2010 Prius as her daily driver. I also have a 2001 F150 4X4 for when a truck is needed.

Finally parked the cougar a couple weeks ago and got a 2009 Toyota Yaris to drive to work.

Archived