TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Daily Driver

BIKEBOY

My Daily driver is a Volvo V-70 "R". My wife loves to blow away the kids with there Honda,s with the big pipes, lowered and wheels and tires that are worth twice the value of the car. Oh by the way I am 62 and my wife is 72 and still working and in better shape than me.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My DD is a 65 Shelby tribute. I do not want it any other way. Mabey some day I will get a second vehicle, but for now I am happy. The red GT500 was parked in a parking lot and I thought it would be cool to have both cars in a picture together.

post-28087-127984740164_thumb.jpg

post-28087-127984740164_thumb.jpg

My daily driver is a 2008 Focus S sedan, vista blue 5-speed, NO options. Manual windows, manual door locks, manual transmission...I call her "Manual." :hysterical:

Wife's daily driver is a blue 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 4X2 quad cab, 4.7L V8, 6-speed manual. Wanted an F-150, but can't get 'em with a stick! As you can see, we have a sickness. She commutes 100 miles a day in that thing, getting 17mpg. I'm trying to get her to test drive a Fiesta! :happy feet:

Of course, tomorrow's Fun Car Friday (as it is every Friday), so the Shelby comes to work with me. I leave extra early so I can miss the traffic. :shift:

Aint she sweet. No joke...Grabber can attest to it.

100_1321.jpg

100_1319.jpg

100_1320.jpg

She's an 86, the same year i graduated from high school.

SLC

Wow Rich, she's a beauty!!! Next time I'm in your area I want a ride!!! LOL

05 Honda Civic Hybrid. 5 speed, 45 MPG driving pretty aggressively. I let it get so dirty I can't see out the windows.

On the freeway, it is usually faster than my GT500 and under normal conditions it is much faster than almost any other car. Corvettes, Ferraris, BMW M cars, it doesn't matter - I leave them in the dust!

Can you guess what the mods on my Honda are?

My GT500, 1965 Shelby 427 Cobra and soft-tail Harley Custom all live sheltered lives. My wife drive an 09' import which must be intended for midgets. My daily driver I hate to admit is 1995 Ford Exploder (not explorer) with 285,000 miles! It's embarrassing ugly, but I'm going to drive her to the damn wheels fall off!

I drive a bigass Ford E250 Cargo Van that I am customizing...........................

Man, I dig those snow saucer wheels you have!!! They look just the the one Chevy Chase used in National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation!

My GT500, 1965 Shelby 427 Cobra and soft-tail Harley Custom all live sheltered lives. My wife drive an 09' import which must be intended for midgets. My daily driver I hate to admit is 1995 Ford Exploder (not explorer) with 285,000 miles! It's embarrassing ugly, but I'm going to drive her to the damn wheels fall off!

Well, living in the same God-forsaken state as you do, my toys hibernate from early November till April too! Man, I need to move to the Southwest...Phoenix or San Diego!!!

Well, living in the same God-forsaken state as you do, my toys hibernate from early November till April too! Man, I need to move to the Southwest...Phoenix or San Diego!!!

Maybe SanDiego...but NOT Phoenix, my friend!! I'm here to tell you. I was born and raised, and ordered my '07 GT500 there and until two months ago, it was sitting in an A/C'd garage stored while I've been up in Toronto for the past year and a half.

The one worry you have in Phx, is the blistering sun on our 'cheezy' tape stripes! Unless you had a stripe delete? The other thing that NO-ONE ever considers, is that for about five months in the summer, it's NO fun to drive around with your windows up, and the A/C on!! Can't feel the power of the car....can't truly hear the exhaust the way it's meant to be heard...and you jut feel, well, 'all bound up'?! Living in AZ. is NOT all that people think it is! I live in Toronto now for a short window of time, and still have my AZ. plates on all my cars. The people up here are constantly asking me,"why on earth would you leave Phx. for this cold, snowy unforsaken place"? I always tell the same story! Nobody has any clue!

Just ask these other dudes I see posting here from AZ. If their honest, they will tell you the same thing. Now SanDiego.........Totally different story!!!! :) Just too much TRAFFIC!

• 5 months later...

Finally downsized a photo of the DD. I am going to do a lower rocker stripe similar to our 500's in Tungsten Silver FORD RACING

Note the '07 Mustang GT hood scoop. (fit perfectly) SALEEN replica rear wing, and 4.0 badges from v6mustangstuff.com. I sanded off the chrome on the badges to more closely match the argent flares. The wheel center caps are from a 2005 Exploder. Just a subtle difference to the eye. I actually ordered the windshield banner from FORD for the 500, and chickened out at the last minute and installed on the Exploder.

I should probably wait till it's warmer out to do the rocker decal, for best adhesion. Just turned over 57k miles on the trip down to Jersey from Toronto.

Eeeesshh....'turned over' is probably not the best phrase to use anywhere near an Exploder!!! :hysterical:

I love this old turd, though it rides like a hay wagon...body-on-frame design and all. All of these newer SUV's are uni-bodies and ride like cars, and frankly feel 'numb' to the road. This old Exploder handles more similar to a Mustang and the steering wheel and seats resemble the old Fox cars to a tee!

:happy feet:

My 08 4cly peg leg ranger. It breaks the tires loose in the wet and around corners. Sort of cool to drive with your foot to the floor all the time and stay at the legal limit :hysterical: Oh yea it has had the clutch TSB as well :hysterical:

VW CC 4Motion, thing rocks in the New England winters!!!!!!!!!!! This is my 3rd VW and I have owned an Audi as well as a Porsche, all have been the most solid built cars I have ever owned. Hold there value well also.

Family hauler is a Honda Odyssey Touring, I have to say for its purpose it blows away the Ford Expedition we traded in.

2ptpjtj.jpg

2ypgdg9.jpg

I sold my Bigass Van a few Months ago and have to use my 2005 Tribute Edition Shelby G.T. 350 Mustang Coupe as a daily driver, it is #009 for the 2005 Models. I hate that it is my Daily Driver but it is all I have right now. I am thinking about putting it up for sale soon so I can get a Lime Twist Fiesta with 5 Speed to customize.

VW CC 4Motion, thing rocks in the New England winters!!!!!!!!!!! This is my 3rd VW and I have owned an Audi as well as a Porsche, all have been the most solid built cars I have ever owned. Hold there value well also.

Family hauler is a Honda Odyssey Touring, I have to say for its purpose it blows away the Ford Expedition we traded in.

2ptpjtj.jpg

2ypgdg9.jpg

I dig the CC's man!!!

They are an awesome pkg for the dough! A little tight headroom wise...I'm 6ft. but the seats are DYNOMITE!

Living in Pennsylvania,one can understand why the Shelby is asleep as I type.The weather here is just god-awful during the winter months. What I drive during this time is a 2008 Subaru Forester to help me get through the inclement weather-snow,sleet freezing rain,snow squalls,etc.,etc.,etc.

My DD is an '08 Mazda3 ... it's not a Shelby, but still a hoot to drive (decent gas mileage, too). Also need to mention that it's a close cousin to the Ford Focus (when Ford still had a 25% stake in Mazda).

th_IMG_4036.jpg

Winter - 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, very sure-footed in the snow. :cold:

Summer - The Shelby is my DD; top is only up if it is actually raining and I absolutely have to be somewhere else, otherwise I just wait a bit until the sun's out again! B)

In Oklahoma my 08 SRT-8 Charger or if the weather sucks my 04 diesel Excursion 4X4, wife has her 01 F150 4X4 King Ranch.

In California I keep my 03 cobra Convert and she has her 07 Mercedes G 500.

Doc Scott

Archived