TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Hope (PA) Car Show

Z-man

Is anyone planning on attending the New Hope (PA) car show on August 14th and 15th?

The show runs over two days, with the cars and classes changing each day. I haven't been since some time back in the late "80's" (I guess I'm showing my age).

They have a class on Saturday for Shelby's. It is one of the few classes that allows late model cars. I have my 2008 GT500 registered for the show (Vista Blue with White stripes and an orange FIA band across the nose).

If you attend, stop by and say "HI" to a fellow Team Shelby member.

Z-man

Is anyone planning on attending the New Hope (PA) car show on August 14th and 15th?

The show runs over two days, with the cars and classes changing each day. I haven't been since some time back in the late "80's" (I guess I'm showing my age).

They have a class on Saturday for Shelby's. It is one of the few classes that allows late model cars. I have my 2008 GT500 registered for the show (Vista Blue with White stripes and an orange FIA band across the nose).

Z-man

Hey Z-man, do you have more info on the show? I may be interested in showing. The little lady likes walking around New Hope and shopping so I'm pretty sure I can convince her to tag along. I don't pre-register due to weather concerns since my car will melt in the rain.....

Thanks

Z-man

I won a trophy in that show in 1971, the year I graduated HS, with my bitchin' 71 Pinto 15 second drag car. Grew up in Furlong - Doylestown Township.

well come on back for a reunion!

Actually, I will be flying in for John Keller's car show in Hatfield in October. It will have TS affiliation and I am sure he will be posting a save the date soon.

Hey Z-man, do you have more info on the show? I may be interested in showing. The little lady likes walking around New Hope and shopping so I'm pretty sure I can convince her to tag along. I don't pre-register due to weather concerns since my car will melt in the rain.....

Thanks

Here is the link to the show info....http://www.newhopeautoshow.com/

It would be great to meet you there. The spaces are limited, and I don't know if you can just show up and register on the day of the show. You can shoot an e-mail to the car show folks using the 'contact us' section of their web site. They responded to my questions quickly, and seemed pleased that my Shelby and I would be attending.

Z-man

i heard some of the ppl that run New Hope show arent really the nicest people, they rather have 100pts professional done car then someone that build their car in their home garage

The show is geared towards older, more classic cars. As I mentioned, the Shelby class is one of the few that allows late model cars to participate. They do prefer more vintage, concours correct cars than newer highly modified cars. I don't think you will find a "Fast and Furious" class at this show :hysterical3:

Actually, I will be flying in for John Keller's car show in Hatfield in October. It will have TS affiliation and I am sure he will be posting a save the date soon.

What is the John Keller Show? If you are flying in for it, it must be worth attending.

What is the John Keller Show? If you are flying in for it, it must be worth attending.

John owns several businesses in Hatfield and he is opening a collector car storage facility called the Toy Box. For the grand opening, they are hosting the annual Hatfield car show.

Look for a Team Shelby event center around this shortly.

The show is geared towards older, more classic cars. As I mentioned, the Shelby class is one of the few that allows late model cars to participate. They do prefer more vintage, concours correct cars than newer highly modified cars. I don't think you will find a "Fast and Furious" class at this show :hysterical3:

I knew someone that took a classic car there, and the ppl put them in their own class because it wasnt what they were looking for

Glad to hear that is finally getting off the ground Mike, If Im back from Terlingua in time, I'll have to save the date for sure! :happy feet:

John owns several businesses in Hatfield and he is opening a collector car storage facility called the Toy Box. For the grand opening, they are hosting the annual Hatfield car show.

Look for a Team Shelby event center around this shortly.

Looking forward to the Hatfield Rocktoberfest Car show and the Grand Opening of The Toy Box On Oct. 2nd. Hatfield usually get about 150 cars but this year it has been moved to our parking lot witch has a lot more room and we’ll be promoting it and opening it up to more clubs. There will be a Special area and class just for Shelby’s and Mustangs hope to see you here.

I’m hoping to make it to the New Hope Car Show with the Pace Car if I’m in town but I do have tentative plan to go to Quail in Ca. that weekend. I’m almost certain that I will be attending the Doylestown at dusk car show next weekend check out the website http://www.doylestowncarshow.com/ maybe I’ll see some of you there.

I knew someone that took a classic car there, and the ppl put them in their own class because it wasnt what they were looking for

If they put him in a class by himself, I guess he went home with a first place trophy!!! :hysterical:

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry it took me a few days to reply, but here's the review of the day.

We arrived at the show at about 9:30. Confusing 'signage' caused me, and a '57 T-bird to pull into the wrong entrance, then have to back out into traffic to proceed to the correct entrance (one of the show workers was nice enough to see our problem, and hold up traffic so that we could pull out safely). When I did get to the right entrance, a guy came running up to the car asking me to stop. I told him I though the registration area was about 100' ahead (I could see a table set up with all the info on it). He said it was, but he just wanted to personally welcome me to the show, and tell me that he really liked my car. (okay, a little weird, but the guy sure was enthusiastic). After we pulled up and got our registration packet, we were asked to pull forward and stop in front of a nicely landscaped area. When we stopped, a photographer took multiple photos of the car, then gave us a thumbs up and waived us on.

We were directed to the Shelby/Mustang show area and told we could park anywhere along the row. I chose the end spot, next to a small grassy area and a tree that would provide some nice shade later in the day. We proceeded to do a final detail on the car. My wife read the notes in our registration packet and found out the show was formally judged. Judging would include exterior, interior, engine, and trunk. While she did the glass (inside and out), I did all door jambs and other areas normally overlooked. We even decided to reclean the wheels to get off the brake dust that accumulated from our drive to the show. When we were done, the car looked great.

Many people stopped to look at the car and ask questions. One guy admitted to me that he was a die hard Chevy man, but he thought the new Shelby's were great. One family was looking at the car and the father told me it was his sons dream car. I opened the door for the son to get a better look, and he took it as an invitation to sit in the car. Not what I had intended, but he was visibly careful getting in and out, obviously excited to sit in the car, and a nice kid. The family took pictures of him in the car, and the Dad told me I had made his day.

About this time an orange Super Snake rolled in. It parked a few spaces down from me, and the driver started to set up his display. I walked down to take a closer look and introduce myself. As it turns out, the car belonged to another Team Shelby guy. His screen name escapes me now, but he also has a white GT500 427 Pace Car that he usually brought to the show, he just felt like driving the Super Snake today. It had every option on it that was available, and the few that were just released last week are on order!

When the time came for my car to be judged, two judges looked over the car. One of them was a real Shelby fan. He had a ORIGINAL 427 Cobra (not a continuation series, but a real 1960's vintage Cobra). He crawled all over, and even under, my car taking notes. He asked lots of questions, and was sure he had seen me before some other Shelby events (we think is was SAAC at Millville). He seemed very impressed at how clean the car was. It did look good!

While we were waiting for the judging results, a guy walked up and asked me if my Shelby was a 2011. I told him it was a 2008. He said he was looking to see a 2010 because someone he knew just bought two of them....one for himself, and one for his son. I said that his friend must be a great dad. He explained that the Dad had just retired, and at 74 was the oldest combat solider in Iraq. The son was an Army Ranger, who had just finished his tour of duty in Iraq and was on his way home. The Dad wanted to surprise him with the new Shelby. I think that's an awesome story.

We heard that the pictures that were taken of the cars as they entered were being printed out, put in a commemorative holder, and sold to help benefit the Boy Scouts (at least I think it was the Boy Scouts). We walked around and found the photo tent. All the photos were hanging up on strings so you could find your car. After looking through all of them three times, I couldn't find ours. We asked the lady working there, ans she asked us to describe our car. When we told her what it was, she said "Oh yes, I remember that one.....somebody already bought it." We asked if she was sure. "Yes, people often buy the pictures of the cars they like, even if they are not their own". My wife started laughing hysterically at the thought of someone actually buying a picture of our car. THe lady told me to check on-line, as the photos are also posted there after the show (that is the picture I have attached to this post).

Just before the prizes were awarded, the Shelby judge came back to me and asked how many miles were on my car. I thought it was an odd question, but I told him. I don't drive the car as much as I would like, so it does have very low mileage on it. In the end, we came in second to the Super Snake (who as it turns out had considerably more miles on his car than we had on ours). It looks like all things being equal, mileage was used as the deciding factor between out two cars. Second place was a nice pewter plate with the show logo on it. It will be going in my display case as soon as I get a plate holder for it.

After the show we drove into New Hope, and actually found a safe place to park the car. Even in the parking lot people were looking at the car. The lot we were in was an automated pay lot, so you have to purchase a ticket when you enter with enough time on it to cover how long you will be staying. While my wife and I were figuring out how many hours to buy, a guy who was leaving walked over and handed us his ticket. It had more than enough hours left on it to cover us. He said he was a Mustang guy, and he liked our car. We had dinner on the river, walked around, people watched, my wife bought some earrings, I bought some hot sauce....we had a great time, and the weather was perfect too.

Next year, lets plan on trying to get some more Team Shelby guys to go. Sorry to have missed meeting some of you guys.

Z-man

New Hope Car Show Photo.jpg

New Hope Super Snake.jpg

New Hope Car Show Photo.jpg

New Hope Super Snake.jpg

Looking forward to the Hatfield Rocktoberfest Car show and the Grand Opening of The Toy Box On Oct. 2nd. Hatfield usually get about 150 cars but this year it has been moved to our parking lot witch has a lot more room and we’ll be promoting it and opening it up to more clubs. There will be a Special area and class just for Shelby’s and Mustangs hope to see you here.

I’m hoping to make it to the New Hope Car Show with the Pace Car if I’m in town but I do have tentative plan to go to Quail in Ca. that weekend. I’m almost certain that I will be attending the Doylestown at dusk car show next weekend check out the website http://www.doylestowncarshow.com/ maybe I’ll see some of you there.

I can't find anything on the Rocktoberfest event on google. Can you provide more info?

Sorry I couldn't make it Z-Man, the little woman was (and I guess still is) recuperating from a somewhat scary "cardiac" moment. We haven't been going too many places since the begining of the month. She was given a green flag to get around some by the doc yesterday so we may try a run to the cruise in Macungie tomorrow (8/21) there is usually a good turnout there.

Again sorry, but I'm glad ya had a good day out of it.

Doug

Archived