TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A trip to the "Mother Ship"

Michael,

How many are they actually working on at once?

John

John

It is hard to give you an exact count. There was a least a 1/2 dozen in the paint shop getting painted stripes, another dozen on various lifts, 5 -10 on the ground with brakes and suspension completed and another 1/2 dozen with their interiors being upgraded.

Once the supply chain catches up, they have the ability to bang out all these cars quickly. They are chomping at the bit to do so.

It won't be long now.

Michael

Just waiting on parts Im sure....I know there are a couple of parts that were holding all of them up. Im sure we actually are within 90 days at this point. I know it has been almost 90 days already for a few of us, but I would rather not have the car now if they had to "make do" and not get everything just right. I want the car right, not fast.

No issue for me waiting till it is ready the RIGHT way. :lurk:

Thanks, Michael, that's good info.

Warren, from what I understand, the parts supply chain is the bottle-neck. Fortunately SAI is doing everything they can to all of the cars while waiting for the rest of the parts.

Let's hope Carroll will be able to sign them all.

John

you went all the way to the "mother ship" and took 2 pictures???

Sorry, there are only so many pics you can take of white 2011 Mustang GTs.

I did get the cook's tour, but my hosts asked that we not take pictures in the factory. Understandable from a privacy of their customers point of view.

IMAG0062.jpg

IMAG0062.jpg

Sorry, there are only so many pics you can take of white 2011 Mustang GTs.

I did get the cook's tour, but my hosts asked that we not take pictures in the factory. Understandable from a privacy of their customers point of view.

Customer privacy? like HIPPA laws? LOL - it's not like you were in a plastic surgeon's office taking pics of Angelina Jolie getting a tummy tuck after having twins LOL I think the customers want to see "the factory" where the work is done. show them getting the mojo done ya know - to know their car is not parked in a holding pattern...

Thanks for the pics though very nice of you to post them!

Customer privacy? like HIPPA laws? LOL - it's not like you were in a plastic surgeon's office taking pics of Angelina Jolie getting a tummy tuck after having twins LOL I think the customers want to see "the factory" where the work is done. show them getting the mojo done ya know - to know their car is not parked in a holding pattern...

Thanks for the pics though very nice of you to post them!

I would not want my VIN photographed and posted on the web these days.

Observing SAI's wishes on photography is a small price to pay for all access to their facilities as a visitor!

When they were making the SGT we got all kind of pictures. Who is going to take a close up picture of a vin ? Come on give us some action shots of these cars in production .If they let you take your phone or camera in they must not be that concerned.

When they were making the SGT we got all kind of pictures. Who is going to take a close up picture of a vin ? Come on give us some action shots of these cars in production .If they let you take your phone or camera in they must not be that concerned.

Hey, if you were trying to get your car delivered would you break the rules?doh.gif

Hey, if you were trying to get your car delivered would you break the rules?doh.gif

No ,But in this economy Shelby is making a mistake by not posting pictures . That's marketing 101 which hurt the SGT . Get the BUZZ out there .

No ,But in this economy Shelby is making a mistake by not posting pictures . That's marketing 101 which hurt the SGT . Get the BUZZ out there .

They asked us not to take pictures so we didn't. It's just that simple.

HELL YEAH I WOULD....I agree with MACH 1 ....what a better way to leak FREE PR from an innocent visitor.

but I guess they might say...Bad visitor.....no GT350 for you! you are blacklisted at SAI... and pass your bad behavior report along to Santa...

you better drive the speed limit too......

HELL YEAH I WOULD....I agree with MACH 1 ....what a better way to leak FREE PR from an innocent visitor.

but I guess they might say...Bad visitor.....no GT350 for you! you are blacklisted at SAI... and pass your bad behavior report along to Santa...

you better drive the speed limit too......

How old are you, 12?

Lot's of buzz out there folks. Car is at AAI in WI, back on the trailer to The Quail and Monterey Historic, Pebble Beach then to SAAC 35.

Been to Belleview, WA and was able to be driven hard on track day then onto the cruise through Washington State.

Roger

Lot's of buzz out there folks. Car is at AAI in WI, back on the trailer to The Quail and Monterey Historic, Pebble Beach then to SAAC 35.

Been to Belleview, WA and was able to be driven hard on track day then onto the cruise through Washington State.

Roger

I hope the Roush boys brought their A-Game to Wisconsin, because they definitely didn't bring it to Washington. The 350 hammered the "Sledge Hammer"!!! :dance:

Roger

This is like running a presidential campaign with the old whistle stops . Come on get us all some pictures of it's birth . Thanks

Archived