TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Car towed... splitter damaged

bamaster

It was my fault for not reading the sign, but I got towed. It was at night when I picked it up so everything looked fine when I drove off. But alas, they damaged my car.

There's some damage on the bottom side of the fog light. And of course the splitter is in bad shape. Eeek!

Anyone know if there's a place in Houston that sells splitters on the cheapo?

post-23107-127949240856_thumb.jpg

post-23107-127949240856_thumb.jpg

It was my fault for not reading the sign, but I got towed. It was at night when I picked it up so everything looked fine when I drove off. But alas, they damaged my car.

There's some damage on the bottom side of the fog light. And of course the splitter is in bad shape. Eeek!

Anyone know if there's a place in Houston that sells splitters on the cheapo?

You can get them new for like $75. look around...

Sorry to hear about both issues, the parking ticket and the damage to your Shelby. I would go back to the towing company to find out who is their insurance company. My friend had his stang towed to dealership and his splitter was also damaged. The tow company pasi to have it fixed.

Good Luck...

Tom

The splitter isn't your problem... they can be had for around $100.00. It's the damage to your lower front bumper that'll cost you. A agree with Fontech regarding the insurance... Towing at owner's expense doesn't mean destroy the car at owner's expense. You might want to pull your car up onto ramps and take a closer look from underneath. There may be some further damage.

Like some others have already said, the Towing Company is responsible for your damage incured.

It doesn't matter if it was parked illegally or not, they are responsible.

I had a friend who had his Chrysler mini van repo'd in the middle of the night. The Repo Co. was in a hurry and hooked their J-hooks onto the front (front wheel drive) axle half-shafts and badly bent them. He paid the finance co. the money he owed and got the van back. It vibrated like a big dog shittin' razor blades. He had a shop inspect it and they told him someone towed it and bent the axles with their J-hooks. He went to the Tow company and they said they weren't responsible, he should'a made his payments and the van wouldn't a been Repo'd. They said the finance co. was responsible. He went to the Fi. Co. and they said the Tow company was responsible.

He took the tow company to (Calif.) small claims court and won his case, plus some kind of fee (court fee?).

I towed a Audi front wheel drive one time from the rear (had a spoiler on the front so couldn't get it from the front). I dropped the car at the Audi dealer and left. We got a call from the dealer saying the trans was TOASTED from it being towed with the front wheels down. The guy I worked for ended up having to buy the owner a brand new Audi Auto Trans and it was NOT cheap (~$5,000 if I remember right).

If they towed your car and damaged it, it's because they towed it wrong and *they* are responsible and I know this from first-hand experience.

Hope That Helps/HTH,

Phill

Thanks guys! My car was towed over a month ago. I knew the damage was there but never did anything about it. At this point, I just want to replace the splitter.

I'll live with the paint scrape.... if you can call that living! *sob*

hehe... I am working with a local guy on getting a splitter. Tahnks for letting a guy pout a little.

Great googly moogly!

I called the local Ford shops and they are selling for $172.80!

Oh well. Suck it, bamaster! No one said driving a beautiful was easy. Or cheap!

Great googly moogly!

I called the local Ford shops and they are selling for $172.80!

Oh well. Suck it, bamaster! No one said driving a beautiful was easy. Or cheap!

Your local shops are selling for full list price. I would no longer go there for anything. You need to spend some time on the web searching. You can find things much cheaper out there ordered online. Did you follow Grabber's thread above? He got it for $80. I did a quick serach for you - here's LV Ford - for $125...take your time online and you'll save money. Simply enter the part no. - 7r3z17626ab.

http://www.teamford....amfordparts.com

Your local shops are selling for full list price. I would no longer go there for anything. You need to spend some time on the web searching. You can find things much cheaper out there ordered online. Did you follow Grabber's thread above? He got it for $80. I did a quick serach for you - here's LV Ford - for $125...take your time online and you'll save money. Simply enter the part no. - 7r3z17626ab.

http://www.teamford....amfordparts.com

Yes, I've seen Grabber's thread. I tried to do this in the past online with SilverStateFordParts for $120 plud $15 shipping. Then I got an email saying that because it is considered oversized freight, the shipping is $121.00. Doh!

I'll try to talk them down a bit, to cover tax. But all in all, these thingsa re $80 any more.

Took my car to a show this sunday and hit something on the road . Now have a big gouge in my splitter. Ordered a new one at work ,my price is 10% over cost $119.00 + tax.

You kids and your discounts your rock and roll!

*shakes fist angrily in the air*

:P

Archived