TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I GOT A PROBLEM

BLOWN

I got a problem. A while back ago me and my 6 year old grandson put the blower motor together and know I thnk we might have messed up.How are we goin g to get the engne in the car wth out breaking a ear off the manifold or gouging somethng.Will I need to take the manifold off or will I need to take the manifold &heads off I hope not. There is NO way a plate bolted to the manifold would work.Thanks

blowermotorDec2009007.jpg

blowermotorDec2009008.jpg

blowermotorDec2009004.jpg

I have used the tapped bolt holes in the front and back of the heads, I use a nylon washer against the head so it doesn't get scrached.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Exactly what I would do. I've done this with success, as well. Although I definitely prefer to use a manifold mounted engine lifting plate, whenever possible. A nylon washer at each bolt will help to protect the head from the bolts themselves. But make sure to wrap the chain with a towel or something so that you don't scratch up the side of the heads as you're lowering it in.

Ken

EDIT: That's a sharp looking build you've got, by the way! The Performer RPM heads are a nice choice - I had them in my 331 stroker 66 fastback and they helped make a ton of power.

Thanks..If I use the back of the heads or the Exh manifold bolt holes they are not going to strip out or pull out or somethng weird are they? just a little worrie about that.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have used the tapped bolt holes in the front and back of the heads, I use a nylon washer against the head so it doesn't get scrached.

Hope this helps.

Dave

What He Said ^^^^^

You can also find the Lifting Plats that the Factory Used and install those.

• 3 months later...

What He Said ^^^^^

You can also find the Lifting Plats that the Factory Used and install those.

Will the lifting plates bolt to the supercharger Manifold or will I need to take it off?

Archived