TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR mufflers on a 2010?

mullens

I'm toying with the idea of putting KR's on my 2010. They sounded so good on the 08 I miss it. Anyone who has these on the 2010 please let me know it they look OK with the valance. I know they are 3.5" tips compared with the 4" stockers. (If you have pics that would be great.) I'm thinking of installing them myself, so if anyone has done this is the install difficult?

Thanks...

I'm toying with the idea of putting KR's on my 2010. They sounded so good on the 08 I miss it. Anyone who has these on the 2010 please let me know it they look OK with the valance. I know they are 3.5" tips compared with the 4" stockers. (If you have pics that would be great.) I'm thinking of installing them myself, so if anyone has done this is the install difficult?

Thanks...

mullens i changed my axle backs 2 times already first to magnaflow the car got quieter , pissed me offf , then put on ford racing shorty headers i got a little more noise when getting on the car , now i took the stock back off again and and put on corsa sport i was not sure if the extreme where going to be to loud i havent drove the car yet but will be driving it in am the car sounds better , but everyone alway say u need to break them in so im waiting but as far as installing them take down the hangers off the car and then place them on the new pipes then put the pipes up with the hangers on the pipes then bolt on the hangers

I have the KR muffler on my 2010 gt500. I LOVE the sound! but then again i also have kooks longtube and x pipe. But the car gets pretty loud when i step on it it really sounds like a race car. Like an actually good sound race car. its got a pretty deep tone to it. But i think the KR mufflers are one of the better muffler i have purchased.

Thanks...

Remember, the 2010 is a higher flowing muffler than the previous years. We threw some high flow cats on yesterday and it sounds very nice. Everyone was telling me to go with an off-road pipe but they were presently surprised with the sound. No drone and not too intrusive in the cabin. I know you weren't talking high flow cats, but I figured I'd throw that out there in case they were in your future.

Dave

Remember, the 2010 is a higher flowing muffler than the previous years. We threw some high flow cats on yesterday and it sounds very nice. Everyone was telling me to go with an off-road pipe but they were presently surprised with the sound. No drone and not too intrusive in the cabin. I know you weren't talking high flow cats, but I figured I'd throw that out there in case they were in your future.

Dave

That's what I'm running on my '09. I have been trying to tell all you 10 owners to change the cats first, you just might like the STOCK '10 Mufflers. They sound good when you take off the stock cats (corks). You might like it enough to not spend $$$ on mufflers. So, which cats did you go with? I am using Magnaflow X w/Cats and the STOCK '10 Mufflers. Was pleasantly surprised with the sound.

Thanks...

Howdy Mullens

FWIW, go to the FRPP online catalog and check out M-5320-MSVTL. I put those on my 10 last Tuesday and they sound awesome. I put 100 miles on the car today with the Shelby club and several members liked the deeper throaty sound. It was a risk since I had not heard them anywhere, but I am pleasantly surprised.(its not like you can test drive mufflers after all). I am guessing they sound real close to KRs. These also have 4" chrome tips on them and look great.

Anyway, something else for you to research. I love the whine of the TVS, and now the new mufflers!!!

Let me know if you have any questions.

-Barry

Yes the '10's sound better than 07-09 but they still don't have that signature KR sound. I got a killer deal going for the FR500S so I'm going with them. I'll be installing them myself, another first!

Thanks guys..you've been really helpful.

That's what I'm running on my '09. I have been trying to tell all you 10 owners to change the cats first, you just might like the STOCK '10 Mufflers. They sound good when you take off the stock cats (corks). You might like it enough to not spend $$$ on mufflers. So, which cats did you go with? I am using Magnaflow X w/Cats and the STOCK '10 Mufflers. Was pleasantly surprised with the sound.

I was told that the Magnaflow X was on back order until 7/23 by my regular tuner/installer. I had a Revan/Shelby H/E and radiator installed yesterday by Van (Thanks, Van!) and Lethal Performance was literally next door from Apex Automotive where we did the install. I went with the Lethal Performance catted x-pipe since I have a tuning session schedule for Friday to straighten out the few drivability issues I've had since my Whipple install. Since I'm going to be on the dyno anyway, I wanted to see what she'd put down to the rollers now that I've got the H/E which was desperately needed (my IAT2s after the Whipple install and stock H/E were 155*+ in South Florida in late May!).

Mullens, can't wait to hear a sound clip!

OK, being mechanically challenged, i need more info.I decided not to put Corsas on my 10,really thinking it was way too much.So if i want to follow your suggestion on the cats,what do i need to do, Buy the magnaflow cats and replace my current ones--do i need anything else, ie you say Magnaflow x with cats,so am i changing exhaust pipes as well--thanks.About how much is the magna system---is there a specific part number--thanks

Yes the '10's sound better than 07-09 but they still don't have that signature KR sound. I got a killer deal going for the FR500S so I'm going with them. I'll be installing them myself, another first!

Thanks guys..you've been really helpful.

Just an FYI Mullens- The "S" are for 07-09's. They will not work on your '10. You need to run the FRRP M-5320-SA on a '10 due to the difference in length. I had the KR's on my '08 and loved them, so I wanted them on my '10. The FRRP M-5320-SA makes my '10 sound exactly like my '08 did. No drone, nice burble at idle.

Install is an hour job and very easy... They look great.

OK, being mechanically challenged, i need more info.I decided not to put Corsas on my 10,really thinking it was way too much.So if i want to follow your suggestion on the cats,what do i need to do, Buy the magnaflow cats and replace my current ones--do i need anything else, ie you say Magnaflow x with cats,so am i changing exhaust pipes as well--thanks.About how much is the magna system---is there a specific part number--thanks

The Magnaflow X w/Hi -Flow cats replaces the factory X-Pipe with cats. That's the part that connects from the Exhaust manifolds to the Mid-Pipes(pipes that go over axle and connect to mufflers).

http://www.planetmagnaflow.com/shop/magnaflow-16433-991.html

You can bid a lower price on that site and see if they accept it.

Or get Lethal X w/cats...they use Magnaflow cats. Better price too. Plus an easier install cuz it's one piece. The Magnaflow takes alot of adjustment cuz it's 3 pieces, still working on mine to get it right, I'm a perfectionist.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/2010-shelby-gt500-exhaust-mid-pipes-lethal-performance-c-5711_5779_6824_7769/lethal-performance-2010-gt500-high-flow-catted-x-pipe-p-30349

Thanks...

I have the KR 's on mine and love them man...Awesome deep rumble at idle, great roar under acceleration, and ABSOLUTELY NO DRONE while cruising, my favorite part!!

It was a pleasant surprise to nail the axle back right on the first purchase(couldn't be happier) :dance:

AS far as install, it was really easy , but i did have access to a lift at my buddys garage, These things bolt right in for a perfect fit and had them done in 40 min. Best part is they lined right up and were centered perfect...Also the 3.5 inch tips look just as good as the 4's, I was worried about this as well but i'm telling ya,ya can't even tell the difference and the little bit smaller that they are is nice for cleaning as well(can get the cloth all the way around the exhaust tips)

Oh and as far as the high flow catted x-pipe idea, I was going to do this but then remenbered how I use to get codes that came up on my 09 GT all the time from those High flow cats, cause of the rear o2 sensors, so needless to say I didn't wanna go that route again...Good Luck Man

The Magnaflow X w/Hi -Flow cats replaces the factory X-Pipe with cats. That's the part that connects from the Exhaust manifolds to the Mid-Pipes(pipes that go over axle and connect to mufflers).

http://www.planetmagnaflow.com/shop/magnaflow-16433-991.html

You can bid a lower price on that site and see if they accept it.

Or get Lethal X w/cats...they use Magnaflow cats. Better price too. Plus an easier install cuz it's one piece. The Magnaflow takes alot of adjustment cuz it's 3 pieces, still working on mine to get it right, I'm a perfectionist.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/2010-shelby-gt500-exhaust-mid-pipes-lethal-performance-c-5711_5779_6824_7769/lethal-performance-2010-gt500-high-flow-catted-x-pipe-p-30349

SVT--thanksso much---how do they sound vs stock?/so ill order them and have a mufler shop do the install--looks like it should take less than an hour--it comes with all the hangers etc--sounds like the connection,including the cats from Ford , between exhaust manifold and stock mufflers will be removed

Here's some pictures of what mine looks like...Hope this helps

Thanks for the pics! You're right.....can't even tell the difference. I don't have a lift but I'm thinking I'll back the car to the edge of the garage and use the slope of the driveway to get more access. Either that or jack up both sides. Might as well rotate the tires while it's up! I'll let you know how the install turns out.

Thanks..

SVT--thanksso much---how do they sound vs stock?/so ill order them and have a mufler shop do the install--looks like it should take less than an hour--it comes with all the hangers etc--sounds like the connection,including the cats from Ford , between exhaust manifold and stock mufflers will be removed

You will be really surprised at the sound...much louder all around(start-up, idle, cruising, WOT) but no drone whatsoever. The stock cats really quiet the exhaust system. And you will free up some HP too! Not a bad sounding muffler for stock once you replace those cats and free up the sound. Should be easy install for shop on a lift. I did mine on my back in garage, so not looking forward to going back under ther to readjust pass. side to get it just right. If you are going with Lethal's X-pipe that shouldn't be a problem, as it's 1 piece and not much adjusting to do. Just basically bolt on and go. I should have gone with their X. It's a pain to get the Magnaflow X just right.

Archived