TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I can't find a splitter on teamford site

Fastbackman

Thanks! I had heard they were under $100 but haven't been able to find them listed. I look forward to hearing back.

Shannon

My splitter got damaged in transit and the dealership replaced it several weeks later. I am pretty sure but not 100% certain but the bill was around $380.00 Cdn, $50 was for labor, (that I know for sure). Sorry I don't have any papaerwork on it, as the dealership picked up the tab.

Rubbed a curb when dropping my kid off at school. It just scraped it some, but enough to bother me.

That's the reason I'm not going to lower my car, I can barely get it into my garage now without rubbing (only at a turtle's speed), if I forget and just drive it in it hits real hard.

I also rubbed it on a speed bump at the mall the other day which pissed me off real good, I thought about borrowing my friends D-9 and taking it to the mall at 2:00 am and simply removing the speed bumps for them.

:banghead:

That's the reason I'm not going to lower my car, I can barely get it into my garage now without rubbing (only at a turtle's speed), if I forget and just drive it in it hits real hard.

I also rubbed it on a speed bump at the mall the other day which pissed me off real good, I thought about borrowing my friends D-9 and taking it to the mall at 2:00 am and simply removing the speed bumps for them.

:banghead:

Yeah that must be frustrating 1BAD. This maybe a stupid question, the front ride hight seems to be ok to me, it's the rear that is to high, just wondering if there's a kit out there that will lower just the rear about 1.5 inch and leave the front as is. :shrug:

Yeah that must be frustrating 1BAD. This maybe a stupid question, the front ride hight seems to be ok to me, it's the rear that is to high, just wondering if there's a kit out there that will lower just the rear about 1.5 inch and leave the front as is. :shrug:

Try Part Number 7R3Z-17626-AB. That is the part number on the tag on the box for the one I have in my garage. The dealer scratched mine coming off the train and sent me a replacement. I haven't changed it yet, I was waiting for my wife to smash it up the first time she tried to park it...

Try Part Number 7R3Z-17626-AB. That is the part number on the tag on the box for the one I have in my garage. The dealer scratched mine coming off the train and sent me a replacement. I haven't changed it yet, I was waiting for my wife to smash it up the first time she tried to park it...

Thats it!!

When I curbed my wheel i got this too. I didn't do much damage here but i bought a replacement off of e-bay from Citrus motors in CA I think. They just ordered it from ford and shipped it to me but it was under $100 before shipping. I have the new one in the garage now (as some one suggested) and have not had any other issues but i can tell this is a piece that could get abbused easily. I think one may be for shows and one for regular driving as it's just a bunch of simple bolts to put it on and off.

When I curbed my wheel i got this too. I didn't do much damage here but i bought a replacement off of e-bay from Citrus motors in CA I think. They just ordered it from ford and shipped it to me but it was under $100 before shipping. I have the new one in the garage now (as some one suggested) and have not had any other issues but i can tell this is a piece that could get abbused easily. I think one may be for shows and one for regular driving as it's just a bunch of simple bolts to put it on and off.

Wait until the carbon fiber splitter is available. Th one on the 40th annviversary Pkg is sweet. CF will not be nearly as forgiving....great built in obsolescence

Thanks guys. I really appreciate all the help. If that part number is correct, it looks like it retails at about $61 and I can get it for about $45. This was at Team Ford. Thanks again.

Shannon

WOW, Fastback, I'm glad you can get it for that price but we, in Canada, must be getting royally screwed with part pricing. Like I say. I know the invoice for the part was around $380 and $50 was for labour, so the part would have been about $330. :shrug:

Thanks guys. I really appreciate all the help. If that part number is correct, it looks like it retails at about $61 and I can get it for about $45. This was at Team Ford. Thanks again.

Shannon

Thats our dealership!! Just ask for Bill Jenkins in internet parts sales and he'll help you.

:hysterical2: And I had planned to paint all lower trim on my car. Mine is beat all to hell in two months. Glad I didnt paint it.

I like the splitter in black on my white car. I do think the side skirts would look good color matched. Are those getting beat to hell on your car too?

LW

BMR (813)986 9302 has a lowering kit that just lowers the rear 1.5 inches. $125.99

Thats what i did since i dont like the ricy look. I want to keep the suspension as factory as possible and just solve the height and wheel hop issues.

i bought my rear springs and lower control arm there. Damn , the lower control arms were only $135. This is really the only thing you need to solve the wheel hop issue.All the people who are buying the $1000 kit is just spending $$ unless they plan to race it with slicks all the time. My car is a street car.I highly doubt im going to brake anything at the track only running once or twice a year.........

Also,FYI the billit ones look nicer and are about $100 more but i just wanted to STOP the wheel hop.They all do the same thing.

Archived