TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Oshkosh 2010?

I have been hearing conflicting stories about there being a car show at Oshkosh, WI again this year. I was just wondering if any of you guys were aware of it and what the details are. I have gone out to the airventure web site, but didn't see anything about one.

Yes there is, and it's all week long as the air show runs. We got picked last year for the top 75 Mustangs and we were featured on Friday and Saturday. This year they changed things around and every two days as the show runs they will change the theme. Model "A" s the first two days, Model "T"'s, then two days of 40's and 50's cars, then two days of 60' and 70's. The Mustangs will be Friday and Saturday again. I'm not 100% sure on the schedule, this is how it was explained to us in March so things could have changed. We decided to skip this year mainly because you have to leave your car there overnite and they promised to have some security guards there, we left that nite and came early the next morning and there were no guards in sight. It had stormed that nite and alot of the car covers had blown off. So there was some unhappy people the next day. I'm not sure who is running the show this year, it seems that every two day segment has a different manager, I'm not sure of who you would contact for info.

Stalwart,

Someday I want to come over to your house and play with all your cool toys. You must own a military museum.........or just love cool toys.

We will be at OshKosh Thursday through Sunday. I wanted to put my car in the show but it really doesn't matter because it seems next to impossible to get your car in the show. Last year it was cool to see Carroll there signing everybodies car.

Stormeaston is correct for the Mustangs showing on Friday and Saturday (not sure about the beginning part of the show).

Ask me how I know this?

Got word tonight that my car was selected for the show :happy feet:

Now to find some lodging for my son and I :headscratch:

Stalwart,

Someday I want to come over to your house and play with all your cool toys. You must own a military museum.........or just love cool toys.

We will be at OshKosh Thursday through Sunday. I wanted to put my car in the show but it really doesn't matter because it seems next to impossible to get your car in the show. Last year it was cool to see Carroll there signing everybodies car.

Guess I should have checked my email. I was selected as well to have my car there. WOO HOO happy%20feet.gif

Try the Raddison downtown in Fond Du Lac, they had rooms available last year, if you guys end up going to Milwaukee for rooms you can crash at my crib for a few days, a lot safer in my neck of the woods.

Stop by our trailer, we will be there also.

Roger

Your bringing the Shelby trailer to Oshkosh........................now I might have to run down for the day!

:happy feet:

Stop by our trailer, we will be there also.

Roger

Thats so awesome that the trailer will be there, its about time.........

I'm going to ask Robert to load a relocation bracket for the axle girdle.

Guess I better bring a wad of cash.

I hope Robert and Sharon will be there?

Now I am really excited to go to oshkosh and its extremely cool that my car will be in the car show.

I'll be there too!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: :dance::shift::dance:

I camp in Pauls Park with my brothers and a group of pilots.

WIll you guys be around the Ford Tent? Where do you park your trailer? I would like to shoot a few photos of you guys and your cars at Oshkosh. I always wanted to bring the Shelby to Oshkosh but the occasional storm, the massive amount of people, the chance of damage to the car, the relentless "Can I take it for a spin" is too much for me. I would not want to leave the Shelby in a lot all day unattended. I hear a few cars got scratched and badges have disappeared in the past.

They caught a guy trying to remove a snake from the side of a Shelby at the Ford tent. Some nerve.

I hope Carroll is there again. It was nice to talk with him and Eloise.

He only signs small posters now at Oshkosh. We watched as Ford had to remove a guy from the line with a seat, yes a drivers seat from his Shelby. Argued about getting the seat signed. He was eventually removed from the line!

I can't be paranoid that something is going to happen to my car at the show if I did I would not enjoy myself.

I drove it there last year and left it in the camp grounds for 4 days not one thing happened to it and after all its simply a form of transportation and it can always be fixed. Trust me I know I was at Terlingua 08 and spent over $5,000 to get my car back to new condition.

Which trailer (one with vehicles and/or merchandise) is Shelby bringing and whom from SAI will be manning the trailer?

As for being worried about the car being in the show, I have learned a while ago to just go to these events and enjoy myself. Otherwise I would spend the entire time sitting near my car and having heart attacks every 5 minutes!

Looking forward to this Event. Looking more like I'll have the backseat and trunk filled with tent camping gear for the ~6.5 hour trip over from MI :shift:

Mine nor Nordic's cars were in last years show.

I was able to get mine on the list of considerations by tracking down the event organizer and asking to have mine considered for the show.

Last Year I just drove the Shelby to the Air SHow I didn't even know Carroll was going to be there or that there even was a Mustang Car show. I had seen Stormeastern sporting some teamshelby stickers so I introduced myself to him and asked him how I could be in the show and he introduced me to the event cordinator.

Update I guess 10 to 15 more cars can be in the car show

Team Shelby club members got this email today, and you had to be one of the first 25 to reply, and if you did, you get to take part.

Oshkosh, WI - July 26-August 1, 2010 - This is a special offer to Team Shelby Club members only. Would you like to come out to AirVenture 2010 and park your Shelby? This is your chance, the first 25 people with their Shelby's to email ***************@****** will get two free tickets to AirVenture for Wednesday and Thursday and get to park at the "Shelby American Owners at Cruisin' Legend Area". As a special bonus the first 5 people to email that they are bring there car will get tickets for Wednesday-Saturday. This is a first come first serve basis. Once you have emailed **** IF you have won we will return your email with a confirmation that you have won these tickets and you will be put on the list. You must provide in the email your Team Shelby Member number and the type of car that you are bringing. You will receive your arm bands once you get to the Assigned meeting area.

I'm in!!!!! :dance: Made the first 5! Gotta love Blackberries!!!!

I hardly ever check my e-mail and if I wouldn't have read your thread last night I would have missed it. I sent in, don't know for sure if we got the tickets yet.

We're in!!!!!!!!

:happy feet:

Hey Stang, when you see Roger at the show, bring him up to speed on production numbers and CSM numbers on the 40th car's. hysterical.gif I talked to Chuck yesterday and he will let me know on Monday what is going on and how many are going. I will call Keith on Saturday and get his info.

I heard they took my advise to build a 2011 Terlingua, see if you can confirm at the Shelby trailer if this is true or just a rumor. Steve told me in May if they did build a 2011, I would get the first one. drool.gif

Congratulations on making the original list of 70 Mustangs. I'm not so sure about this tent thing, you could have some unwanted visitors during the night. hysterical.gif

Yeah I am just sticking with the 70 mustang show. I can't be at the airshow all week. If I could have planned earlier I would have made arrangements to be there Tuesday through Sunday.

2011 Terlingua would be a nice ride I will ask them when I am there

Thanks for the offer on checking on the Terlingua, be sure to tell them to keep it affordable, after all it's only a six banger. You may want to set up your tent upwind and a good distance from Stngfever, he snores and makes funny sounds through the night. Other than that, he is one heck of a great guy and a good freind. Enjoy the show and have fun, wish I didn't change my mind and was there with you all. doh.gif

Congrats on being one of the 70 Mustangs.

Don

XL0067

Don,

You have a knack for having funny noises coming through the walls from the adjoining rooms :hysterical: But those weren't from my room :slapfight:

Snoring, well I've been told that before, that's what ear plugs are for :jackinbox:

As for changing your plans :banghead: Can't say I didn't try :hysterical3: Besides with your car, you could get to Oshkosh in no time if you :shift:

Archived