TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Sync Troubleshooting

SammyinMA

Hey folks,

Background: Have had the 2011 Shelby about 5 weeks now, she just rolled over 1050 miles, and no issues. That is, until this morning.

Taking the car in to work this morning, the sync would not work. I started her up, plugged in my player into the USB port (just as i had done last week, with no issues), and upon pressing the VOICE button on the steering wheel, only got 2 tones (no voice asking for my commands). Sync just would not start up. On the drive in, set a destination (work) and noted that i was now not getting voice commands for approaching turns, as i had previously gotten. Confirmed in the settings that Sync was turned on (tried turning it OFF then back ON; still didnt work). When i got to work, shut the car down, then tried Sync again, with power on (key in accessory position). Still, all i am getting is 2 tones when i press the VOICE button.

Luckily, i still had the Sync manual in the car, and brought it in, however there is no Troubleshooting section; at least nothing that deals with Sync being completely nonresponsive. Tried a web search, and equally no luck.

Wanted to check y'alls opinions before having to call Ford, which i am sure will mean having to take the car in for a few days (which i cannot do this week). Anyone else have this experience? Is there anything i can do, or do i just have to suck it up and take it to Ford?

Thanks for any input/advice,

Mike

Hey folks,

Background: Have had the 2011 Shelby about 5 weeks now, she just rolled over 1050 miles, and no issues. That is, until this morning.

Taking the car in to work this morning, the sync would not work. I started her up, plugged in my player into the USB port (just as i had done last week, with no issues), and upon pressing the VOICE button on the steering wheel, only got 2 tones (no voice asking for my commands). Sync just would not start up. On the drive in, set a destination (work) and noted that i was now not getting voice commands for approaching turns, as i had previously gotten. Confirmed in the settings that Sync was turned on (tried turning it OFF then back ON; still didnt work). When i got to work, shut the car down, then tried Sync again, with power on (key in accessory position). Still, all i am getting is 2 tones when i press the VOICE button.

Luckily, i still had the Sync manual in the car, and brought it in, however there is no Troubleshooting section; at least nothing that deals with Sync being completely nonresponsive. Tried a web search, and equally no luck.

Wanted to check y'alls opinions before having to call Ford, which i am sure will mean having to take the car in for a few days (which i cannot do this week). Anyone else have this experience? Is there anything i can do, or do i just have to suck it up and take it to Ford?

Thanks for any input/advice,

Mike

When you said you confirmed Sync was turned on do you mean the Sync Speech or Sync in general? Do you have the electronics package?

If so there is an option (can't remember offhand) in the settings to disable her speech and just keep the tones etc. I'd check that first

My Sync system (with Electronics Package) has been a little quirky. The USB quit working yesterday. Tried two different cables and three different devices. I already had an appt with the dealer this morning for some other fixes, so I added that to the list. They just called me and said it's working fine for them. Crazy.

I wonder if it has to do with a conflict between the bluetooth connection of my iphone and the USB connection to my ipod. I've also experienced some quirks trying to get music to stream from my friend's iphone after we paired it to my Sync. It just randomly starting working like the third time we got in the car and tried it. Strange.

Maybe a fuse reset would help me too.

I have the Electronics package in my 11. When I get into the car my iPhone 4G connects through Bluetooth and 20 secs later disconnects. I then have to go to my settings in the phone and sync it manually ! Sucks ! Great now I'm waiting for it to freeze on me !

Sorry for not being clear in the first post. I do have the electronics package, and it was the Sync speech option under the main menu that i selected to OFF, then back ot ON, with no change.

Thanks for the idea on the fuse. I will give that a try when i get home tonite (make sure i pull the proper fuse). Headed out for lunch right now, gonna see if it is still nonfunctional. The radio and all else work fine, just no voice commands, so i cannot select albums/tracks (or do any other voice input commands).

I dont own any mp3 players that uses bluetooth, however my buddy came over with his iPhone 4 and we hooked it up to the radio via Bluetooth, and it seemed to work fine. However, that was 2 weekends ago, i have used the USB input with no issues (and voice commands) since then.

Mike

Well, went out to lunch to 5 Guys and the Sync voice commands seemed to work now. I will check it out more on my longer ride home tonite. Thanks again for the input guys, i really appreciate it. I was a bit bummed to find such a thick Sync manual so lacking with regards to troubleshooting.

Mike

Well, went out to lunch to 5 Guys and the Sync voice commands seemed to work now. I will check it out more on my longer ride home tonite. Thanks again for the input guys, i really appreciate it. I was a bit bummed to find such a thick Sync manual so lacking with regards to troubleshooting.

Mike

My Sync does all kinds of strange things, so do the mygig radios in my Dodge, seems the more stuff they add to these radios (and cars) they more weird things they do.

Archived