TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Terlingua at a dealer???

07GTH371

There are two different packages, the basic and the performance.

The basic package is about $11k and the performance package starts out at about 20k and goes up depending on options.

Dont really know why someone would trade in a Terlingua without trying to sell it here first....headscratch.gif

If they start doing the Terlingua package on the 2011 models I would bet all other previous Terlinguas would sink in value.

Fair price for car but not cheap enough for me to jump on it. If this is not a supercharged one then I think the price is way overpriced. Does anybody know if this is supercharged?

I don't think Roger would let that slip if it was a secret...but its kind of like breaking the news of where LeBron was going to go before he announced it. You gotta wonder what the gap is between intentions and actually building it. :headscratch:

They also never registered it in the Shelby American Registry.

Steve

Things like this really make me wonder....headscratch.gif

It's not like the Terlingua was a super promoted, massive selling car. Someone really had to know what it was to order one. Then to not register it and not show up here. I guess it is kind of like the Terlingua Verts that have started to pop up. They are out there, we just dont know about them.....

They also never registered it in the Shelby American Registry.

Steve

The serial number on the dash plaque looks to be 07TRT0012, wouldn't that identify the build location and give more clues about it's history? At least a basis for more research........

Evan

The serial number on the dash plaque looks to be 07TRT0012, wouldn't that identify the build location and give more clues about it's history? At least a basis for more research........

Evan

I believe that this CSM# would mark it as being the 12th '07 mustang to be converted at the Las Vegas facility. I know that xxTRT04xx is the Dallas shop. I think xxTRT03xx is Tasca.

As for registering cars, I've been delinquent in registering ours as well; but the "White Jackrabbit" is pretty well known........... :rolleyes:

Well, if you look at it on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120594335219

and look at the history report that they provide, it was in Texas about a year ago. But that doesn't mean it was a Terlingua then. It was located between Nacogdoches and San Augustine.

Interesting :headscratch:

It may not be registered, but I'm sure there is an invoice laying around :waiting: But I'm also pretty sure that would all be confidential at SA

Hello All,

I have just returned from the Gulf Oil Spill in Mobile. AL where I have been for three plus weeks working for the park service. So, I am just getting caught up.

Speaking for me, not in an official capacity, I knew there was a car with this approximate number made some time ago, but this may be onr of the only Bunnies I have not spoken to the owner of at some point. I still do not know this owner, not that anyone has to tell me obviously. We are a tight knit group and try and stay in touch simply put.

That said, this is one of the earlier SA builds being an 07 and number 12 puts it after the #11 customer car of that year - the lower numbers were held back I believe. Also, has been said before, an owner can requet higher numbers without the in between numbers being sold so a number by itself does not mean all in between are taken yet.

That's the input I can provide.

VB

Thanks David for giving us what you can while respecting the information release rules you must follow.

Good luck on keeping up with all the new bunnies that seem to be popping up all the time.

Chuck

I want this car so bad! I just saw it on Ebay and came here to post, only to find this thread. I have a plan that I need your help with.... i need 3600 TS members to send me $10 each, each one getting to drive it 1-2 miles each and I will drive it across the country to let each of them do so. Ok, who wants to paypal me the first $10?!? :shift:

I do really want this though... I just need to see how, if at all, I could make it happen.

Hey guys, can you give me a no BS answer to this question....

Is it worth it to trade my SGT in on this car?

I can't afford both and I've always loved the Terlingua and wanted my wife to want it as bad as I do, that way I could have one built for her. Sadly, she isn't into it at all, so I can't even justify it that way. In the same breath, I love my SGT and all the stuff I've done to it.... as well as all the stuff I still want to do. I just need some advice from my fellow TS members. Thanks guys and gals,

Jim

It may not be registered, but I'm sure there is an invoice laying around :waiting: But I'm also pretty sure that would all be confidential at SA

:yup: Yes on both accounts.

A potential buyer would be better off by contacting the selling dealer and starting negotiations. Once the dealership realizes you're serious it would then be the time to say that you need to speak to the previous owner before making a final purchase decision. The dealer should be willing to pass your phone number to the previous owner for a quick chat.

Or if you're local to the dealer you can always ask to see the "cars file" and hope there is a copy of the previous title, service receipts or something with the previous owners name and city so that you can make the call yourself.

Looks like a nice car to me but of course I'm only going by the pictures.

Steve

yup.gif Yes on both accounts.

A potential buyer would be better off by contacting the selling dealer and starting negotiations. Once the dealership realizes you're serious it would then be the time to say that you need to speak to the previous owner before making a final purchase decision. The dealer should be willing to pass your phone number to the previous owner for a quick chat.

Or if you're local to the dealer you can always ask to see the "cars file" and hope there is a copy of the previous title, service receipts or something with the previous owners name and city so that you can make the call yourself.

Looks like a nice car to me but of course I'm only going by the pictures.

Steve

I've called them and emailed them. no response at all. amazes me that dealers or people want to sell cars but don't want to put any work into it. I've posted on this site for over a year that i want one, but if he thinks I'll buy a 22k mile car from some pictures taken 15 ft away - he's insane.

Archived