TEAM SHELBY FORUM

It's coming , It's coming, A Shelby GT 350 could be in your future

Well, I'm no expert, but I could have sworn that the Mustang to slot be the 300hp GT and the 475hp Shelby was going to be a "Boss 329" which would be a 5.4L DOHC without the supercharger. Figure horsepower around 380-400hp like the 2000 Cobra R's. Price it in the $34K to $36K range to compete with the LS2 GTO's and any of the Mopar SRT-8's and competition would be intense!

Maybe Larry Shinoda's family is giving Ford grief over the "Boss" name and ol' Mr Shelby is more than happy to oblige with the GT350 name in exchange for some more royalties?

My first reaction was that this is the V-6 that Shelbys shop are souping up and calling the 350, but after reading that story it would make a tone of sense (maybe too much) for ford to offer a lower priced (maybe higher volume?) Shelby in a less stocky form wedged between the 500 and the GT. Fingers crossed that it happens!

I was on the Shelby forum recently people where asking about the new parts offered and

when SA was going to start taking in cars from customers for conversion. From what I saw posted SA

is not doing conversions at this time only offering the parts for sale. May have something to do with this move by Ford.

Also saw the side graphics had changed from the one I first saw no cobra snake in the new design.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Mar 23 2006, 11:00 PM) 5889[/snapback]

Well, I'm no expert, but I could have sworn that the Mustang to slot be the 300hp GT and the 475hp Shelby was going to be a "Boss 329" which would be a 5.4L DOHC without the supercharger. Figure horsepower around 380-400hp like the 2000 Cobra R's. Price it in the $34K to $36K range to compete with the LS2 GTO's and any of the Mopar SRT-8's and competition would be intense!

Maybe Larry Shinoda's family is giving Ford grief over the "Boss" name and ol' Mr Shelby is more than happy to oblige with the GT350 name in exchange for some more royalties?

I think you could be right on this one Five Oh B. This would also take some of the pressure off Ford's limited production #'s of the GT500 by providing a Shelby alternative to the many enthuisasts who can't get one . It would be an awsome alternative at that !! :yup:

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Mar 23 2006, 11:00 PM) 5889[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

I think you could be right on this one Five Oh B. This would also take some of the pressure off Ford's limited production #'s of the GT500 by providing a Shelby alternative to the many enthuisasts who can't get one . It would be an awsome alternative at that !! :yup:

I will assume we are talking 2008?

I will assume we are talking 2008?

Must be 2008, but I still want the big boy. I do not think it will be much much lighter then a GT500 when it gets a V8. On the other hand a V6 with supercharger is not light either.

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Mar 23 2006, 11:00 PM) 5889[/snapback]

I think the Boss is still on, or so I heard, and I also believe you're right about the displacement! :yup:

Must be 2008, but I still want the big boy. I do not think it will be much much lighter then a GT500 when it gets a V8. On the other hand a V6 with supercharger is not light either.

Exactly. You may as well just shove a v-8 in there. A nice beefy 4.6 AL block would certainly come to mind if I were to vote...

Here's what Edmund's is saying:

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=109757

The only problem I have is with the comment about Ford sending the vehicles to Shelby for tuning. Seems a little far fetched that Ford would send them across the country for some simple tweaking.

Might not be so far fetched, Your only talking 200 cars.

I can't anything to this: IF they build those 200 GT350H models, think of what Hertz can sell them for when they retire them.

When they are rented out for a year, they all miss their original upgraded 4.6 engines. Cause people exchanged the motors out of their own Mustang GT. :yup: And they are not worth anything anymore, because people drove the hell out of them. Rotors have to be replaced every 2000 miles and pads every rental period. :bowdown:

I personally don't believe the 200 number. What will Ford accomplish by that?

• 7 months later...

Archived