TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Motor Oil

Super Snake

There have been other threads concerning this. I am using Castrol Syntec 5W50. The specs are the same as what Ford is recommending and I can get it at my local auto parts store for $5.75/qt.

Thanks SCGT500

How often should I change the oil?

The book says every 5,000 miles. I'm use to doing all mine at 3,000 miles, but I think my Shelby will get it in months not miles. Most reported dirty oil and rusted oil filters way before 5,000 miles.

The book says every 5,000 miles. I'm use to doing all mine at 3,000 miles, but I think my Shelby will get it in months not miles. Most reported dirty oil and rusted oil filters way before 5,000 miles.

You have to know RUFDRAFT to know he was being sarcastic. He changes oil like he wax's his car with Zaino, which is almost everyday. :hysterical2:

lwell, I'm going with the Ford 5w50 syn and filter, by the way thats the same oil they use in the Ford GT.

Cost?

do I have to go to Ford to buy it?

:stirpot:

"lwell, I'm going with the Ford 5w50 syn and filter, by the way thats the same oil they use in the Ford GT."

Not me. I'm using fresh oil.

:banghead::hysterical2:

I'm slow

that took a second

I'm good for fresh as well

:stirpot:

"lwell, I'm going with the Ford 5w50 syn and filter, by the way thats the same oil they use in the Ford GT."

Not me. I'm using fresh oil.

Good one RUFFER. :hysterical: Your an english professor, as you can see I said use not used. :headscratch: Now I'm going to call POOP DOG to go all over your lawn. :hysterical2::hysterical2:

How Do you know what is fresh & what is stale. : :headscratch:

Taste.

Just havin a bit of fun, mate!

I love the language.

Seriously, how much air do you run in your tires?

:ohsnap: that is a good question

I can't find a ref on the tire or in the manual

does any one know??????

It will be inside your driver door jamb by Fed. law. (remember the flipping Explorers?)

OK

do the pressures apply to the F1 supercar tires on the shelby?

Mine has a yellow and white sticker on it with all the tire info on it. It calls for 35 PSI front and rear.....and 0 in the spare tire! :hysterical2:

That's good enough for me

thanks

I love this site

great info

Archived