TEAM SHELBY FORUM

K-Man

Is FL-820S the filter we need? I've forgotten

ypu thats the one i use--bougt 2 of those and 14qts of 5/50 this morning--its already been shipped,should be here by Sat.$7.19 for the oil and 3.71 for filter--no sales tax

You can get the 5w50 here for $6.83 a qt. I don't knw how much the shipping is because they don't claculate it 'til it's ready to ship. Us TX folks are SOL having to pay tax. Just an alternative to K-Man.

Part No. XO-5W50-QGT

Edited by terryj

Thanks. I guess I could have saved a few bucks ordering from them. Maybe next time. I paid $9.63 a quart (that includes sales tax) & you paid $8.26 (including the shipping cost)

Blu--fedex just delivered the box at 1PM--i ordered it yesterday morning--amazing service

You can get the 5w50 here for $6.83 a qt. I don't knw how much the shipping is because they don't claculate it 'til it's ready to ship. Us TX folks are SOL having to pay tax. Just an alternative to K-Man.

Part No. XO-5W50-QGT

That's a great price for sure. Thanks Terryj.

Any reason you guys are just stopping by the local O'Reily / Auto Zone stores and picking up the Castrol 5/50 and a K&N oil filter (part #2010)?

Just wondering if you know something I don't know?

i used to be a big KN user--but had MAF issue on 2 cars from overoiling and didnt think t was worth using on the Cobra.When i first started looking at doing my oil change,Castrol made the product but they told me that they werent certfied by Ford for the 5/50-did that change,are they now accpted by Ford as far as warrnty issues

i used to be a big KN user--but had MAF issue on 2 cars from overoiling and didnt think t was worth using on the Cobra.When i first started looking at doing my oil change,Castrol made the product but they told me that they werent certfied by Ford for the 5/50-did that change,are they now accpted by Ford as far as warrnty issues

K&N makes a great oil filter, and the welded on nut makes it easy to remove.

Castrol's MSDS shows the B spec, but their bottles still show the A. Guess they had a lot of bottles made and didn't want to re-print.