TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT brake cooling kit

ilmor

Robert - can you tell us when the complete Shelby GT brake cooling kit (ducts, hoses/brackets) will be available again?

Thanks!

I dont either, but I have a set for sale.

Chris

Chris, what is included, and what is the price? Used or new? Thanks.

Yes, here's the experimental piece from today. We tried various materials and finishes, so we're not quite there yet - but we are c l o s e :happy feet: We finishing final testing for SGT and GT500 ducting, mounting, routing, etc.

But, we wanted to show you that we're making progress.

58513.jpg

the logo is laser cut from the material.

Yes, here's the experimental piece from today. We tried various materials and finishes, so we're not quite there yet - but we are c l o s e :happy feet: We finishing final testing for SGT and GT500 ducting, mounting, routing, etc.

58513.jpg

Beautiful piece!

Will this kit adapt to the original bezels from SPP (3.5" diameter)?

58513.jpg

Thanks Robert! That looks great!

Why are you selling them.... and can they be used with the 550 intercooler?

Nope, thats why they are for sale.

Chris, what is included, and what is the price? Used or new? Thanks.

They are used, these are the Shelby Autos pieces, that I had installed in the mod shop. Includes: brake duct backing plate, brake duct tubing (used on Super Snakes) also includes PIAA lights, brackets, and brake duct/driving light bezels.

They would like a new home that does not own a KB or a Whipple. The brake ducts are more important to me than the driving lights, so they gotta go. Going with the JLT pieces as soon as I can find a replacement piece to fit over the hole cut when they were installed

Chris

These are pics of the items I am selling that are on my car. The pics are the parts at the Shelby Store. Sorry for not using my own pics, but they are still on my car, awaiting my new pieces.

Driving lights and brackets

Bezels

no pics of the ducting and the backing plates, as none have ever been published. I will hopefully get my new pieces soon so I can start the swap.

The ducting and plates are the same as the SuperSnake fronts that are also mod shop installed only

Edit: Wanting $400 plus ride.

Also, these are the original design not the ones Robert is talking about.

Chris

These new ones are NOT currently used on any production Shelby models. It's an entire new design.

/

I hope this new design will work with the whipple 550 and the shelby/revan intercooler and radiator?

• 3 weeks later...

FYI, just ordered a set of the bezels and Tim said that the "new" kit is 1-2 months out and I believe Robert was the one that told him that while I was on the phone. Tim said they are supposed "put the FRPP kit to shame", but he did not have any estimate on cost yet either.

• 1 month later...

58513.jpg

O.K its been almost two months ,when are these going on sell,have money will buy :lurk:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm determined to wait for an answer from SPP. I waited and waited and waited for suspension pieces, only to finally give up and buy elsewhere...then SPP came out w/ suspension parts. Advance info would be helpful...even if they'd just tell us that they are not going to provide the parts...at least tell us something!!

• 3 weeks later...

That's cool lookng, thanks Robert. Doc :salute:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

58513.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived