TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT600

GT500-07

:hysterical:

Own your very own Barrett-Jackson Limited-Edition Shelby GT600 Mustang

You would think this "Scottsdale" seller would know better than to call a SGT a GT500 or even a no such thing as a GT600 but then to claim only 5 B-J verts were built is just plain wrong. There were 39 B-J convertibles built.

The ad description was an interesting read and this Scottsdale seller made it seem like it was January all over again.

Steve

I hope he sells it for that price!

They got the torque figure wrong also, I believe....

The car is at a dealership in AZ. I emailed him, and he actually emailed back. He was very mis-informed, thought his description was correct. I sure corrected him fast. I also told him that his asking price is about 30k too much. We shall see.

I just noticed that the description has changed, and the price has been lowered from 60k to 49k, still way to high, but at least he is representing it more closely now.

Chris

The car is at a dealership in AZ. I emailed him, and he actually emailed back. He was very mis-informed, thought his description was correct. I sure corrected him fast. I also told him that his asking price is about 30k too much. We shall see.

I just noticed that the description has changed, and the price has been lowered from 60k to 49k, still way to high, but at least he is representing it more closely now.

Chris

Yep, fixed :) Now it's a GT500 convertible, and the text still says GT600...

the $49,000 might be a fair price if it had zero miles and hadn't been sold yet. With 11,000 miles on it I'd say it's going to be worth just a little more than any other 08 vert. Which means maybe $29,000.

And what kind of salesperson only posts one photo of a car??? I know things have gone down (way down!) in Arizona, but c'mon!

But did you not notice the stock Mustang going for $49,000???

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=n&car_id=273105770&dealer_id=55557770&car_year=2008&rdm=1278513509657&lastStartYear=1981&num_records=25&model=MUST&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=2008&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=0&marketZipError=false&ct=p&search_lang=en&showZipError=y&sownerid=88710&make=FORD&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=35000&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=21029&advanced=&end_year=2009&transmission=&doors=&max_price=65000&cardist=1057&standard=false

Click on BACK TO RESULTS to see it. There's also a P51 Mustang, which might be worth that price.

• 11 months later...

Archived