TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Window Tint Pictures

All,

I was wondering if anyone had pictures of their GT500 with window tint and what the % is on your car. I am getting the windows tinted tomorrow. Legal limit in MN is 50% and I'm not adverse to going below that. However, I don't necessarily want the windows to be dark. Just enough to help keep the cabin relatively cooler. I'd still like people to be able to look through the windows and see me or the inside of the car (that's partly why we own these things! :) )

Thank you!!!

Don't have pictures, but I recommend 35%. Dark enough to keep the heat out, but not dark enough to be overly intrusive when looking out the window. Limo tint is considered to be 50%, but at that percentage, it will be difficult to see out the back window at night when backing the car.

Don't have pictures, but I recommend 35%. Dark enough to keep the heat out, but not dark enough to be overly intrusive when looking out the window. Limo tint is considered to be 50%, but at that percentage, it will be difficult to see out the back window at night when backing the car.

I'm pretty sure the higher the % the clearer it is to see through. Thus it'd be easier to look out of 50% vs 35%. My understanding is the % is the amount of light let through the tint.

I'm pretty sure the higher the % the clearer it is to see through. Thus it'd be easier to look out of 50% vs 35%. My understanding is the % is the amount of light let through the tint.

You are right...limo tint is usually 5% or less. The higher the % number, the "lighter" the tint.

pic in sig is with 22% tint on sides and I believe it was 17ish on the back. legally not allowed to have any tint on front windows in CA but i've never been pulled over for it. my tint isn't quite as dark looking as in the picture now as I've added a glassback roof since the picture was taken and the extra light coming in from the top allows you to see in the car a little more

My next car is going to be 20% all around. My WS6 had a black leather interior and 25% and it was still a bit light on some really sunny days. The back was 20% and looked great. I know this is not a GT500, but pix anyway so you can get an idea of a black interior car with 25/25/20. (FWIW, I had an awesome tint guy do the windows. He did the back 1-piece first try. No bubbles anywhere in the car, took him about 1.5-2 hours to do the whole thing.)

35% is totally weak. Don't even bother with anything lighter than 30%. You will need sunglasses in that anyway.

2n1f1au.jpg

dxeemf.jpg

ipo55g.jpg

All,

I was wondering if anyone had pictures of their GT500 with window tint and what the % is on your car. I am getting the windows tinted tomorrow. Legal limit in MN is 50% and I'm not adverse to going below that. However, I don't necessarily want the windows to be dark. Just enough to help keep the cabin relatively cooler. I'd still like people to be able to look through the windows and see me or the inside of the car (that's partly why we own these things! :) )

Thank you!!!

Factory glass-color is usually 70%. 50% is just retarded. Get something that will look decent/be effective and unless you live in a place where the cops have nothing to do they won't bother you, and if they do, just consider it the price of having something worth having.

Factory glass-color is usually 70%. 50% is just retarded. Get something that will look decent/be effective and unless you live in a place where the cops have nothing to do they won't bother you, and if they do, just consider it the price of having something worth having.

still looks like theres confusion on the tint numbers--the % is actually the amount of lite thats let thru the tint, ie 20% lets that amount thru the window, so a 50% car would be more than twice as the car as a 20%--hope that helps.Our state is 35% whic is fine with me

I have no pics yet, just got ours done with 30% and looks good. I would also recommend getting a very light tint on front window as well. I had 70% done on windshield just to block out uv rays and save the interior as much as possible. You really cant tell its there and it blocks 99% of uv rays out.

I have no pics yet, just got ours done with 30% and looks good. I would also recommend getting a very light tint on front window as well. I had 70% done on windshield just to block out uv rays and save the interior as much as possible. You really cant tell its there and it blocks 99% of uv rays out.

+1, but you have to have a GOOD tinter. If the popo sees THAT, you are in for it. Also, inspection stickers (if your state has them) can be interesting.

I have 25% on the sides, and 5% on the sail and rear. Looks bad ass, wish I had the front done in about 60% or so. I actually rolled around a little while with 20% static cling on the front it looked kick ass but that static cling shit is junk, not very clear optically.

dsc04945v.jpg

dsc04948.jpg

still looks like theres confusion on the tint numbers--the % is actually the amount of lite thats let thru the tint, ie 20% lets that amount thru the window, so a 50% car would be more than twice as the car as a 20%--hope that helps.Our state is 35% whic is fine with me

I HAVE 35 % AND IT LOOKS GREAT. 35% ON SIDES IS MAX HERE.. Remember that 35% over factory tint may make it as dark as 25- 30% .See if a cop friend will use his meter on your car to verify the tint.I did this exercise .

I HAVE 35 % AND IT LOOKS GREAT. 35% ON SIDES IS MAX HERE.. Remember that 35% over factory tint may make it as dark as 25- 30% .See if a cop will use his meter on your car to verify the tint.I did this exercise .

I tried that.............It cost $150!!! :hysterical:

Damn!!!!!!.............I was gonna do 35%, but now you're making me think twice!!!

no problem. That is what you did for me when I saw your emblems. (Which I have not gotten yet).

I asked my tinter what he thought about putting darker on the back and he said NO....he said it would throw it off with the color of my car. Either dark all away around or 20% all away around.

Thanks for the help guys. I picked the car up last night. The tint and clear bra look great. I went with 50% ceramic tint all around. Lighter then I'm used to or have with my other vehicles but i didn't want this one so dark you couldn't easily see into the car or see people. The 50% is great for what I wanted.

The clear bra looks awesome for the most part. Just a few install issues that will need to get ironed out and they are willing to fix after it sits for a week. The clear bra isn't even really noticeable on the grabber blue. I've had it on white and black cars before where it's definitely noticeable. I'd highly recommend it for anyone with grabber blue.

Anyone know of a good place/installer to get your windows tinted in Southern California (Huntington Beach Area)?

I'm looking around HB too, been reading reviews. I'm going to get quotes from Presto Tint on Beach and Signature Tinting in Costa Mesa. Maybe someone will get to do 2 GT500s.

This is a great thread, thanks all for the pics.

JTrain.. what exhaust do you have on your car. I liked the rolled tips.

Corsa Sports, best looking tips you can get IMHO, hight qualtiy Stainless Steel, the mufflers are brushed stainless as well, look really cool from rear ground view of the car.

I also have a O/R X on the car and it screams like a Cup car!

Archived