TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dead KR

Unfortunate.

It appears that it still has the dealer paper plate where the license plate should be.

Is this a new purchase (not yet registered in CA)?

Was it not yet sold and out for a test-drive when it was totaled?

Seems odd that it would have those temp plates.

-Pockdog

Hate to see that. Hopefully someone will put the parts to good use

That car looks to be *easily* repairable to me. Having said that, I'm NOT a professional body repair Tech! So.....<?? SHRUG ??>

I think the missing wheel, CF hood and CF splitter will be the three most expensive, hard to find/get parts. All the rest are pretty much Mustang parts. And the KR struts are easy to find too (they're on-line at one of the FRPP indy dealers).

If someone could pick it up for a song and dance, they could have a nice KR on the cheap.

BUT....notice the "ACV" (Appraised Claimed Value?)? $77,856.00??? They're dreamin'. I think that's what the Ins. Co. probably paid out to either the new owner (not yet plated) or the dealership that had it on their lot. I surely hope they don't think they're gonna get that much for it with a Salvage Title. In Cali, a Salvage Title means before you can get the car titled again, you have to go through *all* State inspections....Smog inspection, Brake inspection, Lights inspection, Safety inspection, CHP VIN Verification (all 6 CVIN's), etc. They make you jump through hoops to get a Salvage Title cleared.

I also note what looks like some serious structure damage to the B-Pillar. It looks like they used the Jaws to get the drivers door open and the pillar took most of the damage. With the drivers side air bagS deployed, that's a pretty good bet. If they hurt the B-pillar, that's a intergal part of the unit body (roof structure, etc.) construction.

Either way......OUCH!

Phill

I noticed that as well, dealer plates. Stolen maybe??

All that means is that the car hasn't been plated yet.

It could be that the new owner hasn't got the plates in the mail yet, or hasn't mounted them yet, or that it was on a dealer floor and not yet sold. It could'a been on a customer test drive, a Tech repair/PDI road test, employee loan (typically Mgmt. will "borrow" cars overnight).

The paper plate means nothing, at least nothing sinister.

Phill

IT was produced in 4/08, which is one of the first available. Same months mine was produced! That sucks though... "Keep it between the lines"!!!

... In Cali, a Salvage Title means before you can get the car titled again, you have to go through *all* State inspections....Smog inspection, Brake inspection, Lights inspection, Safety inspection, CHP VIN Verification (all 6 CVIN's), etc. They make you jump through hoops to get a Salvage Title cleared.

Say it brother!

My 2002 BMW 330Xi was stolen in May 2009 and joy-rided for two weeks. Once it was found, the insurance company declared it a total loss. I asked and got info on what can be done with a salvage title to make the car legal to drive in CA and the list, as you detail above, was looooong! Not to mention, trying to get new insurance coverage on a car that came out of salvage title is a chore too! My insurance company clearly stated that they would not insure the car from that point forward.

It quickly becomes evident that it is far easier to take the settlement, sign over the car to the insurance company and...

Wait, bide your time, save your money and place an order for 2011 Shelby GT500!

----

Weird, this dealer where the car is from, Walnut Creek Ford, is just across town from me.

-Pockdog

It was KR #628 from Walnut Creek Ford in California. Air bag deployment shows that the front passenger seat was empty at time of "mishap".

SAI Registry has been updated.

Steve

Steve, How many 08/09 KRs are in the registry as totaled or salvaged? Just curious.

Thanks!

Steve, How many 08/09 KRs are in the registry as totaled or salvaged? Just curious.

Thanks!

Unfortunately things like that are not easily searchable right now but we will be adding a salvaged/totaled check box to each vehicles registry entry so that down the road we will be able to instantly pull up info like that.

Steve

Unfortunately things like that are not easily searchable right now but we will be adding a salvaged/totaled check box to each vehicles registry entry so that down the road we will be able to instantly pull up info like that.

Steve

Thanks Steve, I think that would be a great idea.

In Cali, a Salvage Title means before you can get the car titled again, you have to go through *all* State inspections....Smog inspection, Brake inspection, Lights inspection, Safety inspection, CHP VIN Verification (all 6 CVIN's), etc. They make you jump through hoops to get a Salvage Title cleared.

Actually the inspections to get a salvage car registered are pretty easy. The Brake and Light inspection take 30 minutes at an "inspection station" (which is just an accredited garage), and the VIN verification takes only 10 minutes at any DMV. My truck didn't have airbags, but I believe that you only need to state that they have been replaced, I don't believe there is any actual verification. All in all, I was surprised just how easy it was to get my salvage-title truck back on the road.

Saying that, the big issue is that a salvage title is *never* cleared (at least not legally). As long as the car is registered in California, the title will have the salvage part noted. While it is possible (though of course illegal) to "wash" the title, obviously with a KR that would be caught pretty quickly by the enthusiast community, as would a re-body.

I expect "ACV" was the determined insurance value of the vehicle - not the "residual" or scrap value.

Chris.

It was KR #628 from Walnut Creek Ford in California. Air bag deployment shows that the front passenger seat was empty at time of "mishap".

Steve

Steve,

There was another KR wrecked on a test drive at the dealership Fritz Ford in Riverside, CA. I think it too, was silver. I believe the car was repaired (like 25k damage), and sold. What ever happened to that car? Guy who wrecked it was a police officer, snaking around the backroads near the dealership.

I noticed that as well, dealer plates. Stolen maybe??

Nice car Jester! I sent you a pm, but don't know if it went through as I got an error message. Could you tell me which watts link you went with, springs for lowering, tires and rims? The car looks exactly like I would like mine to look...low and sleek! Congrats!

Steve,

There was another KR wrecked on a test drive at the dealership Fritz Ford in Riverside, CA. I think it too, was silver. I believe the car was repaired (like 25k damage), and sold. What ever happened to that car? Guy who wrecked it was a police officer, snaking around the backroads near the dealership.

I don't recall that particular car but with that amount of damage it had to be declared by the dealer to the buyer, meaning someone should have gotten a good deal on a KR. Well at least I hope they did.

Steve

While I never want to see a buyer destroy their car, it pains me less if it was dealer owned.......meaning, no one has an "attachment" to the car.

That KR would make a good parts car for someone. I want the seats please !!

While I never want to see a buyer destroy their car, it pains me less if it was dealer owned.......meaning, no one has an "attachment" to the car.

That KR would make a good parts car for someone. I want the seats please !!

Are the KR seats different? If this goes for parts, I'll take the wheels and tires please.

If this goes for parts, I'll take the wheels and tires please.

All three of 'em? lol

Phill

Gotta start somewhere! :shift:

Naw, I was just messin' with ya.

I've seen individual KR wheels sell so if you got three, you would MORE THAN LIKELY find a solo if you're patient.

I keep seeing people up in arms about KR items being sold and how Shelby should do a better job of keeping track. As Amy Boylan herself said, once the car is sold, the owner can do WHATEVER They want with the parts. Sell the hoods, wheels, etc. Shelby has NO RIGHTS to the parts once they are sold.

I know of one TS forum member that's picking up "one piece at a time", buying single KR wheels in hope of eventually getting a full set of 4 or 5.

Now I'm just stirring the pot! LOL (see the KR hood for sale on e-bay thread!). <EVIL GRIN>

Good luck on your wheel search and I hope you DO get those three wheels. I'd keep a eye on that auction site as they may find they can make more money parting that car out rather than as a whole.

And my apologies to those folks with thin skin that I just pissed off! LOL

Phill (stir-stir-stir)

Steve

Thanks for posting why the pass airbag didn't deploy. I was wondering about that.

Tom

Archived