TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Washing and Waxing Ritual!

It is my ritual to wash and wax our new "keeper cars" with Zymol and especially Zymol Concourse. The Zymol Concourse is expensive but it makes the car look wet. Unfortunately, it is a lot of work but the end results are outstanding. However, it may take a while to notice.

I spent about 9-10 hours today with the Shelby cleaning and waxing and more with the micro towell. IMO, the end results were well worth the effort. My wife, God love her, asked me why I didn't take the same care of her SL? Long story, short answer, you drive it every day. Her response, but you can see your T-shirt in the pictures! My response, buy a Ford and pay me to wax it for you. She went into the house.

Life is Good!

DSC03487.jpg

DSC03486.jpg

DSC03490.jpg

DSC03491.jpg

DSC03493.jpg

Whoops! You missed a spot!! Just teasing. She looks AWESOME !! I also get great results from Zaino. Personal preference on which "Z" to use as both are great. -HAWKBARR

I tried many products, actually have a bunch of Meguiar's product and their buffer, to me nothing beat Zaino. I will use up the Meguiars on my DD and wifes Mini-van (If I ever get to waxing them) and use only Zaino on the Shelby.

By the way it makes a HUGE difference to clay a new car, it has a ton of rail dust, I did the whole car with only 4000 miles and the difference was unreal.

I used NTX 2.0 on my black 08. Came out looking good but as soon as it heated up it gave the same "oily" appearance in the sun. I always had to follow it up with detailer to get the streaks out. I don't think there will be a problem on a lighter colored vehicle, but black required a little more work.

Now I use Showcar Wet Wax. It's made by a detailer and has natural carnuba. Shines like glass.

Archived