TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Washing and Waxing Ritual!

It is my ritual to wash and wax our new "keeper cars" with Zymol and especially Zymol Concourse. The Zymol Concourse is expensive but it makes the car look wet. Unfortunately, it is a lot of work but the end results are outstanding. However, it may take a while to notice.

I spent about 9-10 hours today with the Shelby cleaning and waxing and more with the micro towell. IMO, the end results were well worth the effort. My wife, God love her, asked me why I didn't take the same care of her SL? Long story, short answer, you drive it every day. Her response, but you can see your T-shirt in the pictures! My response, buy a Ford and pay me to wax it for you. She went into the house.

Life is Good!

DSC03487.jpg

DSC03486.jpg

DSC03490.jpg

DSC03491.jpg

DSC03493.jpg

Very nice!!! My wife is the same way (kinda). She would like me to wax her Jeep Grand Cherokee, I just can't bring myself to do it. But she understands my cleaning obsession with the Shelby, actually she likes it to be clean too.

Hey what part of Houston you in? I'm in Kemah. You ever heard of the hangout at Home Depot on Sat night in Kemah? If your close enough you should check it out. Pretty nice, you never know what is gonna show up each week.

Very nice!!! My wife is the same way (kinda). She would like me to wax her Jeep Grand Cherokee, I just can't bring myself to do it. But she understands my cleaning obsession with the Shelby, actually she likes it to be clean too.

Hey what part of Houston you in? I'm in Kemah. You ever heard of the hangout at Home Depot on Sat night in Kemah? If your close enough you should check it out. Pretty nice, you never know what is gonna show up each week.

Two problems: 1. I never take the garage queens out at night. 2. I live in Sugar Land

What a great looking ride. Love the color combo and the SVT package on the 2011's. Congrats!

Many thanks!

Of course I like the Grabber Blue with White SVT Stripes....But that Red with White SVT Stripes is a very close second in my book.

Thanks Blue, maybe you should try "Rose colored glasses?" :hysterical:

Your car looks mighty fine!!!!

I must admit that I like it too!

Thanks for the kudos but you guy's missed the point of the post :banghead: I waxed the car with real wax, applied by hand and hand only, no applicator! However, justice was served today after my long effort. A mosqito landed on the hood and he broke his neck! :happy feet:

Happy Hunting,

Rocky

Thanks for the kudos but you guy's missed the point of the post :banghead:

I was blinded by the shine!!! lol

Quick question. Do you wax over the stripes?

Very nice! Is your system better than Ziano, or have you tried it? Sorry, I am not much on "product" of any sort, lol. Looks great though! When I buy something of that nature I will do the same. I need to wash my DD though. Filthy wee beastie she is.

I have the same color combo. In the process of my fifth coat of zaino. I apply it over the stripes with no issues. There is no build up or white residue on any of the plastic parts. To me, the zaino kit costs a little more but well worth it. BTW, i have 310 miles on the clock so thats 62 miles per coat.

Very nice! Is your system better than Ziano, or have you tried it? Sorry, I am not much on "product" of any sort, lol. Looks great though! When I buy something of that nature I will do the same. I need to wash my DD though. Filthy wee beastie she is.

I have never used Ziano so I cannot compare the two. I have a friend with a 67 Ferrari and he has won numerous shows and he swears by Z C.

car looks great, nice job!

Thank you!

Sorry if I am highjacking, but has anyone ever used liquid glass before. I have heard its very good but am afraid to try something new. chime in and let me know. thanks

I used to use that stuff for a while. I honestly wasn't that happy with it. Just never seemed to leave a good result in terms of a "Just waxed and shiny" look. That was on my older cars however, not my current 2010. Maybe it'd look better on a new paint surface. Liquid Glass went on and off fine and it does seem to protect a bit longer than other waxes - but the appearance was the thing that fell short for me.

IMO Zaino is the system that is the standard. Wash it, clay it, wax it, etc. Buy the whole system. Just waxing a car will make it look nice. Claying it or buff/polishing it will make it look flawless (presuming the base paint is good).

IMO Zaino is the system that is the standard. Wash it, clay it, wax it, etc. Buy the whole system. Just waxing a car will make it look nice. Claying it or buff/polishing it will make it look flawless (presuming the base paint is good).

Just curious, why would you clay a new car?

Secondly, some companies claim that their product is wax and most are not wax at all. Zymol Concours is 47% pure WAX, which is why you have to apply it by hand, meaning your hand, not with an applicator.

I am not busting your b's in any sense, but buffing, if you are suggesting a mechanical buffer, is crazy. Now polishing is a different matter. The micro fiber wipes are good but if you can find PURE cotton diapers like they made in the 60's, get as many as you can.

Trust me.............

GTT1.jpg

Just my 2 cents.

Just curious, why would you clay a new car?

Secondly, some companies claim that their product is wax and most are not wax at all. Zymol Concours is 47% pure WAX, which is why you have to apply it by hand, meaning your hand, not with an applicator.

I am not busting your b's in any sense, but buffing, if you are suggesting a mechanical buffer, is crazy. Now polishing is a different matter. The micro fiber wipes are good but if you can find PURE cotton diapers like they made in the 60's, get as many as you can.

Trust me.............

GTT1.jpg

Just my 2 cents.

Damn you!

Is 24 beyond the age of adoption?

Anyway, why would you clay-bar a new vehicle? Well, new vehicles have overspray in some areas, and the clear-coat has very small surface flaws. Keep in mind, that CC was SPRAYED on. By the nature of physics, spraying fine particles leads to those particles being layered. Now, those particles are very VERY small, so it's not such a huge deal, but by claying them or buff/polishing the car, you are smoothing that layered finish. My friend did this with is black/black '06 GTO and the difference in running your hand over it was noticeable. Oh it looked great before, but it looked exceptional after. It's the difference between "Nice!" and "I feel like I'm staring into a lake of oil a million-miles deep!" ( a sensation also attainable if you visit the gulf.)

PS. Power-tools have no place around: Guns (in the case of a dremel, mainly), clear-coat, idiots, or girly-men. When I was working at a Ford dealership I saw 2 of these combined with a pneumatic powered buffer and some polish and a Mustang's rear-spoiler. Yep. We re-painted the spoiler for the customer. Fixed the scratch in the clear, though!

Sorry if I am highjacking, but has anyone ever used liquid glass before. I have heard its very good but am afraid to try something new. chime in and let me know. thanks

I've used it on my black saleen and it looked nice and seemed to get better with each use but I switched back to regular wax after the bottle ran out as the difference wasn't worth the expense in extra application time and cost.

I just spent 6 hours last night waxing my car with Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0(a synthetic) and it looks like a pool of glass. Like it much more than liquid glass. I clay barred my hood to remove imperfections before I waxed it and it feels flawless.

I've used it on my black saleen and it looked nice and seemed to get better with each use but I switched back to regular wax after the bottle ran out as the difference wasn't worth the expense in extra application time and cost.

I just spent 6 hours last night waxing my car with Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0(a synthetic) and it looks like a pool of glass. Like it much more than liquid glass. I clay barred my hood to remove imperfections before I waxed it and it feels flawless.

Been very happy with the Meguiars products in total.

- Ultimate Quik Detailer for quick touch ups

- Ultimate Quik Wax in between major cleanings

- Even their microfiber towels

The Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 works very well on black cars which are a pain to keep looking nice.

Highly recommend it.

The Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 works very well on black cars which are a pain to keep looking nice.

Highly recommend it.

I used the Meguiar's NXT (old version) on the wife's black 2010 GT convertible about 8 months ago. The car looked like a black mirror when I was done. It time for a do over and I'll be getting the NXT 2.0 to do it and my Shelby.

I found that the Mothers scratch remover works the best for small scuffs and scratches.

DSC_0466.jpg

It's about time for me to do a good summer detail job too. I'm going to clay I've found that I've been most pleased with Meguiars. My faves and must haves are:

• Meguiars NXT Car Wash
  • Meguiars Smooth Surface Clay Bar
  • Meguiars SwirlX (for minor swirl removal)
  • Meguiars ScratchX 2.0 (for minor scratch removal)
  • Meguiars Ultimate Compound (for deeper scratch removal)
  • Meguiars NXT 2.0 Liquid Wax
  • Meguiars Ultimate Protectant (for black trim)
  • Meguiars Ultimate Wash & Wax
  • Meguiars Ultimate Detailer
  • Meguiars Ultimate Quik Wax (This also does a fantastic job on black trim and the interior - non greasy and leaves a satin finish)
  • Meguiars Endurance Gel (for tires)

I agree with the Meguiars NXT 2.0! Product goes on and comes off easy. Leaves the car looking great and will last much longer than any wax based product.

True waxes are good products with wonderful protection properties they just dont last as long as synthetics. In the past you would have to watch out for synthetics with light compound (Nu Finish, which is a great product for older lightly faded vehicles) but the new synthetics are very good products that not only last much longer than carnuba wax but protect every bit as good.

Highly recommend it.

I use NXT 2.0, it made my black WS6 look very good. I did note that it is kindof "oily" if you wax the car while it is hot out. Makes it VERY! hard to get a streak-free finish. Usually need to follow with a "quick" detailer spray afterward. Just my experience.

It beaded water for a good while, though!

I'm loving the white SVT stripes. Its got me day dreaming about putting them on my 2011 Silver stripe delete PP. I think it would look freakin sick but I still may go for a sleek suede finish. I wish I could click my heels and try out all sorts of stripe combo's before I commit.

DSC03486.jpg

Archived