TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR OEM hood on ebay...

I'm more then happy to help. Sure. No problem. If you guys are not willing to wait for the errant KR parts that fall off the truck to show up on ebay thats fine. I'm more then happy to help another Shelby fan and Mustang bro.

I'll make the KR available for photos and measurements. But I won't do your work for you.

Come on over, I supply the beer, the wings and when your done measuring we can all hang out at the pool. Even Speedyman's invited.

We can have a Mustang pool party. Just let me know if your interested.

:salute:

BTW is Frank Bullit really your name or is it just a tribute to the Bullit Mustang? Just wondering. I happen to like the Buliit Mustang alot. Almost bought one.

Takes care.

Glad to be invited! I'll bring a van full of loose women.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm more then happy to help. Sure. No problem. If you guys are not willing to wait for the errant KR parts that fall off the truck to show up on ebay thats fine. I'm more then happy to help another Shelby fan and Mustang bro.

I'll make the KR available for photos and measurements. But I won't do your work for you.

Come on over, I supply the beer, the wings and when your done measuring we can all hang out at the pool. Even Speedyman's invited.

We can have a Mustang pool party. Just let me know if your interested.

BTW is Frank Bullit really your name or is it just a tribute to the Bullit Mustang? Just wondering. I happen to like the Buliit Mustang alot. Almost bought one.

Takes care.

Speedyman! We're invited to a "pool party" at Real One's place!!!! Lookin forward to meeting you! Real One is even supplying the wings and beer! I'll bring the tools in case Real One has lent his out. Can you bring a camera and tape measure? We should really see if any other members can make it out! It would be great to meet everyone! Real One left before he posted his address and date of the party.

I'm sure when he gets back on, we'll know the where and when!! Hope everyone can make it!! Brothers from different mothers!!

Speedyman! We're invited to a "pool party" at Real One's place!!!! Lookin forward to meeting you! Real One is even supplying the wings and beer! I'll bring the tools in case Real One has lent his out. Can you bring a camera and tape measure? We should really see if any other members can make it out! It would be great to meet everyone! Real One left before he posted his address and date of the party.

I'm sure when he gets back on, we'll know the where and when!! Hope everyone can make it!! Brothers from different mothers!!

Hey guys, do you think M. Liberty could join the party, i have heard that he is on vacation and that he would really like to spend some quality time with the REAL ONE :slapfight:

Hey guys, do you think M. Liberty could join the party, i have heard that he is on vacation and that he would really like to spend some quality time with the REAL ONE :slapfight:

Canuck, I'm sure anyone good enough to let others take apart his KR while he supplies wings, beer and a pool could always find a way to squeeze one more into the party! Nothing says "no hard feelings" like handing one a wrench and the keys to your KR.

Real One, I'm more and more impressed with you. Having the boys over for grub and drinks, providing your KR to the masses to be used to produce near exact replica parts for 99% of the cloned KR's out there. Think about it! Your KR will forever be known by Shelby and the automotive world as "the car", "car 1 " the mother of all replica parts"!!!!!!!! By being so generous to your fellow Shelby owners, you've insured your car will be immortalized, perhaps even get magazine time. I think it will hold it's value more than "run of the mill KR's".

When's the party?? I'm more excited than ever!

Canuck, I'm sure anyone good enough to let others take apart his KR while he supplies wings, beer and a pool could always find a way to squeeze one more into the party! Nothing says "no hard feelings" like handing one a wrench and the keys to your KR.

Real One, I'm more and more impressed with you. Having the boys over for grub and drinks, providing your KR to the masses to be used to produce near exact replica parts for 99% of the cloned KR's out there. Think about it! Your KR will forever be known by Shelby and the automotive world as "the car", "car 1 " the mother of all replica parts"!!!!!!!! By being so generous to your fellow Shelby owners, you've insured your car will be immortalized, perhaps even get magazine time. I think it will hold it's value more than "run of the mill KR's".

Your killin' me here Frank!hysterical.gif The Mother Car!hysterical.gif

I said "measurements and photos". See thats your problem, you don't read carefully what I've posted. . You guys are getting too excited and carried away. My altruistic nature stops at dismanteling. Sorry.

But, give me some dates and I'll schedule the Mustang pool party. :happy feet:

I'm just as nice in person as I am on line. :dance:

Frank,

Since the gang will be there eating wings, drinking, swimming, engaging loose women, and taking parts off for measurements, how about dropping the front spoiler and taking a couple of pictures. I want to compare the pics to the claimed geniune KR spoiler that I have in the garage that supposely fell off the delivery truck in a dark alley and no one came back to pick up. Thanks in advance :salute:

Sorry guys. Photos and measurements only. But you don't need my KR for photos and measurements. You I 'm sure can find a local one.

Let me know who will be in the central jersey area in the next month. We'll see what we can set up.

Its all good.

Speedyman: Eventhough we don't always see eye to eye I like the way you think. :dance:

Sorry guys. Photos and measurements only. But you don't need my KR for photos and measurements. You I 'm sure can find a local one.

Let me know who will be in the central jersey area in the next month. We'll see what we can set up.

Its all good.

Speedyman: Eventhough we don't always see eye to eye I like the way you think. :dance:

Hey man, It"s all good here for sure. We are just bustin some chops and funnin. Been a mustang nut since I had a ride in one back in '65. It really would be a great time to get together with you guys. Never met a Ford guy that I didn't like. Kind of a defacto fraternity that exists. All the best to ya! I'm in Pittsburgh(south suburbs), where are you located.

BTW just got back from looking at a Silver/Blue KR at a local dealer. My girlfriend was checking out a super nice red, GT/CS. That is one mighty fine car for the dollar.

Well there ya go!. A genuine KR hood, being sold from the back of someone's garage along with the splitter and vents!!! ....and last but not least finished off with "after market" hood pins!!!. Clearly a SAI sanctioned sale. :hysterical:

Your trolling ebay has paid off !!! Here's your chance to get that coveted KR hood. Its a deal at $6000K.

:happy feet:

KR hoods and other specific KR parts are exclusive. SAI will not sell them to you unless you are a KR owner.

Of course if you want KR parts bad enough and apparently some do, where there is "demand there will always be a way".

Keep trolling ebay for those KR parts that "keep falling off the back of the truck" Maybe if you troll long enough you wil be able to build an entire KR. :hysterical: Thats cool. I'd love to compare a tribute KR to the real deal. .

Some here just don't get it. :fool:

There probably will be clones passed of as genuine KRs in the not-too distant future. So what. Weren't there clones of '60s Shelby Mustangs being sold as genuine, during the '70s and '80s...? The potential buyer needed to know what to look for, as well as matching up numbers. Supporting documentation always helps. Same will hold true, twenty years from now. I don't care, as I bought mine to drive on long trips with my wife. Others bought theirs to drag and/or road race, and some bought theirs to sit on as investments.

It's just a Mustang.

Well there ya go!. A genuine KR hood, being sold from the back of someone's garage along with the splitter and vents!!! ....and last but not least finished off with "after market" hood pins!!!. Clearly a SAI sanctioned sale. :hysterical:

Your trolling ebay has paid off !!! Here's your chance to get that coveted KR hood. Its a deal at $6000K.

KR hoods and other specific KR parts are exclusive. SAI will not sell them to you unless you are a KR owner.

Of course if you want KR parts bad enough and apparently some do, where there is "demand there will always be a way".

Keep trolling ebay for those KR parts that "keep falling off the back of the truck" Maybe if you troll long enough you wil be able to build an entire KR. :hysterical: Thats cool. I'd love to compare a tribute KR to the real deal. .

Real One, I think your the one who doesn't get it. You come off like you and your KR are better than all us common GT500 owners. The KR is a beautifull car but its just a GT500 with some over priced bolt ons. The purpose of all these cars is to have fun and enjoy them and not get bent out of shape every time one of your precious exclusive KR parts ends up on the black market. The KR is a nice car but its not the Holy Grail.

There probably will be clones passed of as genuine KRs in the not-too distant future. So what. Weren't there clones of '60s Shelby Mustangs being sold as genuine, during the '70s and '80s...? The potential buyer needed to know what to look for, as well as matching up numbers. Supporting documentation always helps. Same will hold true, twenty years from now. I don't care, as I bought mine to drive on long trips with my wife. Others bought theirs to drag and/or road race, and some bought theirs to sit on as investments.

It's just a Mustang.

One of the few Shelby owners that REALLY 'Gets it'. :salute:

Maybe my priorities are screwed-up, but I'm the keeper of hand-built bicycles that are far more rare, and more important to the cycling world, than my KR is to the car world.

If I had to give up one before the other, the KR would go first. Believe it or not, one of my bicycle frame builders, dead since the '70s, has had his frames cloned in later years, with the use of his original (stolen) lugs. I think two or three clones are known to exist. The clones were nice, but the originals were nicer. Documentation still exists for his frames (original build/order cards), so anyone looking to buy one can do research. To me, having some of my old hand-built bikes, is like having a Picasso or Rembrandt; once gone, they can't be replaced. There were around 1700 KRs built, and other than coming in 4 different colors, aren't they all pretty much the same..?

...its not the Holy Grail.

BTW- you can find those on eBay, too. ;)

The person who doesn't get it is you sir. These parts are obviously not "exclusive". KRs are plentifull and relatively cheap new and used. "Troll" Ebay if you doubt that fact. Still far easier and cheaper to just go out and buy a real KR.

Oh look, a KR hood AND splitter

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300450115898

How exclusive :hysterical:

Certain parts are exclusive (hood, rims, and splitter) meaning, you have to turn to the "black market" to get yourself one of those parts. You can't just order them through SAI.

No one can stop these parts, or any parts for that matter from hitting eBay. Just take a look at the SGT side badging. Same thing.

Do the right thing Real One. You can't beat us, join us. Measure up and take pictures of those hood receivers. It's really the only way to preserve what little is left of your dignity on these fourms....by helping others out and demonstrating that you are not a pathetic little whinner. :camera:

Bunch of whinny bitches on the rag in here man. Wow. I cant believe i wasted 20 minutes of my life reading about is it real or is it fake. Who the hell cares? It looks nice period. Bet i cant manufature one of those nice plaques for my 150K (adm included) MUSTANG. Its a mustang. It will always be a mustang and not a damn bit of badging or hood mods or vents or splitters or whatever bullshit is tacked onto these things can change that. So get over it.

..It's really the only way to preserve what little is left of your dignity on these fourms....by helping others out and demonstrating that you are not a pathetic little whinner...

I think that's just wrong and mean. Real is entitled to his opinion, just as much as anyone else here.

I also don't like seeing all of the original KR bits available everywhere you look, but know nothing can be done about it, so why be upset? The KR is a nice model of 'stang, so I understand there being a good market for KR parts. I seriously doubt that having some "clones" around will lessen the value of a factory KR. The market is what it is, and it's not due to cloning anything. Time will tell what any of our cars may be worth in the future. Who suspected in the late '70s, that '60s muscle cars would be worth what they are now? Modern muscle cars may or not follow that same trend.

This forum/topic has gone south again, the topic has been beaten to a bloody pulp, and it serves no benefit to anyone other than a vehicle for bickering and bashing each other. As stated in a earler post that it would be closed if it did go south again, this forum is now...

CLOSED.

Archived