TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Traction?

JWG223

That is why I am driving as many, and getting as much info, as I can on the cars that interest me. I impulse-bought my WS6 and don't plan on repeating that nightmare.

There is nothing wrong with doing research, its a big purchase. I dont do a ton of research, if I did I would never buy anything because no matter what on the internet someone has problems with anything. I knew what I was getting into with this car, I did a fair amount of research and I'm happy overall with it. Just getting a little bored with it but thats just me, usually when I get bored I start modding and I'm holding back on this one a little since I'm thinking of buying one of my old street/strip LS cars back.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is nothing wrong with doing research, its a big purchase. I dont do a ton of research, if I did I would never buy anything because no matter what on the internet someone has problems with anything. I knew what I was getting into with this car, I did a fair amount of research and I'm happy overall with it. Just getting a little bored with it but thats just me, usually when I get bored I start modding and I'm holding back on this one a little since I'm thinking of buying one of my old street/strip LS cars back.

I have began to tend toward over-analysis. That is the problem of thinking about something more than a few hours before you intend to do it. It leads to second thoughts. However, it also saves mis-steps. Just graduated with my RN,BSN and am wanting to spend at least 6mo on the job before I buy anything. I want to see exactly what is coming in-going out of the bank account first. However, I feel that 40-50K or so is the most I wish to finance. Of course, plan on putting $$ down. Hence waiting for my birthday in the beginning of '11.

All this availability stuff about the GT500 has me worried, but I highly doubt Ford will stop taking orders for an '11 YM car before '11 calendar year even arrives.

I have located a C6 non Z51 and a '10 GT500 who's owners I know well enough to ask for a ride, and in the case of the C6, some driving mayhap. One guy is the guy who chronographs and sells me my handloading stuff when I get back into it, and the other is a friend of my Dad's. Plan on waiting until a couple months until I am ready to buy as I am prone to changing my mind. However, C6 and GT500 are really the only cars that meet my criteria in my budget.

Why did this get side-tracked? It didn't. It was my topic, I am the OP, and I was curious about an aspect of the car. Instead of starting a "torsional rigidity" "panel-fit" "durability" litany of threads, I just branched off from this one. Bandwidth. I try to be friendly :)

I have began to tend toward over-analysis. That is the problem of thinking about something more than a few hours before you intend to do it. It leads to second thoughts. However, it also saves mis-steps. Just graduated with my RN,BSN and am wanting to spend at least 6mo on the job before I buy anything. I want to see exactly what is coming in-going out of the bank account first. However, I feel that 40-50K or so is the most I wish to finance. Of course, plan on putting $$ down. Hence waiting for my birthday in the beginning of '11.

All this availability stuff about the GT500 has me worried, but I highly doubt Ford will stop taking orders for an '11 YM car before '11 calendar year even arrives.

I have located a C6 non Z51 and a '10 GT500 who's owners I know well enough to ask for a ride, and in the case of the C6, some driving mayhap. One guy is the guy who chronographs and sells me my handloading stuff when I get back into it, and the other is a friend of my Dad's. Plan on waiting until a couple months until I am ready to buy as I am prone to changing my mind. However, C6 and GT500 are really the only cars that meet my criteria in my budget.

Why did this get side-tracked? It didn't. It was my topic, I am the OP, and I was curious about an aspect of the car. Instead of starting a "torsional rigidity" "panel-fit" "durability" litany of threads, I just branched off from this one. Bandwidth. I try to be friendly :)

I wouldnt worry about availability, there are still plenty of new 2010s and they only made 4400 or so last year so. I just dont think there is that huge of a market for 50K mustangs, especially with the 2011 5.0 getting good reviews. Plus who knows, they might come out with something better for 2012 and thew 2011 sales will slow down..

Archived