TEAM SHELBY FORUM

why so many for sale

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel more sorry for the guys that bought a 2010, that have to pull up next to an '11, than I do for those of us who paid a bit of an ADM on an 07-09. Those cars are apples to apples performance wise, but a 2010 is gonna get spanked by a 2011 with the SVT package. :lurk:

I feel more sorry for the guys that bought a 2010, that have to pull up next to an '11, than I do for those of us who paid a bit of an ADM on an 07-09. Those cars are apples to apples performance wise, but a 2010 is gonna get spanked by a 2011 with the SVT package. :lurk:

It depends on who's driving and let's face it, a pulley reduction, cold air kit and throttle body can push a 07-10 well over 550 hp.

It depends on who's driving and let's face it, a pulley reduction, cold air kit and throttle body can push a 07-10 well over 550 hp.

Well, yeah....and my car is there with that....but it didnt come stock with an aluminum block, 3:73 rear end or any of the other cool new additions the 2011 has.

There are 2007s out there pushing 1000HP. BUT, the weight reduction off the front end is the biggest deal to me.

Of course, I love my 2008 because that body style is the best for my taste. Now, if I could have my everything, it would be the performance and interior of the 2011, and the body of the 2007-09. But thats just me. :salute:

Sigh, it's not that big of a difference....but you also get what you pay for. There is roughly a 7-8k gap between the two in pricing. A majority of the difference between the two track wise is the tires. The Aluminum block helps, but isn't the holy grail. I was all for the 2011 before it even came out, but after seeing the sweet deal on a 2010 it was hard to ignore. I went with the proven solution. I would rather let other folks guinea pig the new tech in a 2011. I am still not a fan of the 2011 electric steering, but I haven't had much seat time with it yet. I am pretty sure the EPAS was done for fuel efficiency reasons over performance. Now the 2012+ vs the 2010 is a no brainer. Paying ADM on any GT500 takes the cake for pity.

I am also a HUGE fan of buying a vehicle when it's at the end of the production year run. All the fixes are generally in place and pricing is lower.

Sigh, it's not that big of a difference....but you also get what you pay for. There is roughly a 7-8k gap between the two in pricing. A majority of the difference between the two track wise is the tires. The Aluminum block helps, but isn't the holy grail. I was all for the 2011 before it even came out, but after seeing the sweet deal on a 2010 it was hard to ignore. I went with the proven solution. I would rather let other folks guinea pig the new tech in a 2011. I am still not a fan of the 2011 electric steering, but I haven't had much seat time with it yet. I am pretty sure the EPAS was done for fuel efficiency reasons over performance. Now the 2012+ vs the 2010 is a no brainer. Paying ADM on any GT500 takes the cake for pity.

I am also a HUGE fan of buying a vehicle when it's at the end of the production year run. All the fixes are generally in place and pricing is lower.

Speaking of guinea pig......should we question the long term...or short , for that matter...durability of this new aluminum block, with 'sprayed-in' liners? This idea gives me the willys!! And, I'm not talking about the 1940's Jeeps! Lol...

Take it from someone that is right at the point of making a decision to sell a beautiful 2007 GT500 that I bought new at a terrific price. I realize that there are a lot of stories out there. But then again I never thought that I was all that different from most guys. My opinion is that nobody bought these cars because they were an investment. We're not wired that way. That's not to say that some guys did but they're only a handful. Most of us bought these cars because they were beautiful and powerful and we could see ouselves using them and being stewards of great vehicles for a short time and then passing them along to someone else to enjoy all because of that magical name SHELBY. We buy them because we like the idea of a Texas chicken farmer taking on the the racing establishment and beating them. We like the idea of Henry Ford going to a guy for help to beat a European racing legend and doing it. Not once but several times and then when things didn't go the way Carroll wanted them to go he left. He did it his way. And we like it because there is a little of Carrol Shelby in all of us. So when we buy a SHEBY we honor him and we honor ourselves.

Take it from someone that is right at the point of making a decision to sell a beautiful 2007 GT500 that I bought new at a terrific price. I realize that there are a lot of stories out there. But then again I never thought that I was all that different from most guys. My opinion is that nobody bought these cars because they were an investment. We're not wired that way. That's not to say that some guys did but they're only a handful. Most of us bought these cars because they were beautiful and powerful and we could see ouselves using them and being stewards of great vehicles for a short time and then passing them along to someone else to enjoy all because of that magical name SHELBY. We buy them because we like the idea of a Texas chicken farmer taking on the the racing establishment and beating them. We like the idea of Henry Ford going to a guy for help to beat a European racing legend and doing it. Not once but several times and then when things didn't go the way Carroll wanted them to go he left. He did it his way. And we like it because there is a little of Carrol Shelby in all of us. So when we buy a SHEBY we honor him and we honor ourselves.

:cry: That's deep!!!!

ESGT500... you nailed it!

God Bless Carroll Shelby.salute.gif

Yeah. Maybe a little. But I think there's more to why these cars are so popular besides some selfish objective. Don't you BB? It can't just be because of the prospect of a big payday 30 years from now, can it?

I Whole Heartedly agree!! I was only teasing.

We all drive these cars for one reason....and one reason only....Carrol Shelby and what he's done in a lifetime! Otherwise, we could all buy 5.0's and mod the heck out of them and have a performance Mustang. Somehow, it just would'nt be the same!

Archived