TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SCTx3

tdusseau

Ok going to be selling my SCTx3 but I have a question. It currently has the Lund 93 tune for off-road x-pipe.

My question is can this tune be used on another car? Or after I return my car to stock do I just need to delete the Lund tune?

Can someone point me in the correct direction? Also I know I need to return the car to stock, just not sure what to do after that.

Todd

Ok going to be selling my SCTx3 but I have a question. It currently has the Lund 93 tune for off-road x-pipe.

My question is can this tune be used on another car? Or after I return my car to stock do I just need to delete the Lund tune?

Can someone point me in the correct direction? Also I know I need to return the car to stock, just not sure what to do after that.

Todd

dont know anout the SCT, but i ve 2 tunes and was able to take them out of the car it was in (camaro) and out it ito a Trans am.I beleive the way it works,at least the one i had, was it uploaded the performance tune into your car, afetr taking out the car stock tune into the tuner.So its just a matter of reversing the process--dont know if the lund is VIN specidifc though

Bob

Yeah the canned tunes that come with the unit are clear to use as needed. Just not sure about the Lund tune.

I did have to give the SCT serial number and my VIN, I am not sure if this was so he could get me the proper tune, or to lock this for use with my car only.

Does anyone know?????

Todd

Bob

Yeah the canned tunes that come with the unit are clear to use as needed. Just not sure about the Lund tune.

I did have to give the SCT serial number and my VIN, I am not sure if this was so he could get me the proper tune, or to lock this for use with my car only.

Does anyone know?????

Todd

Hey Todd,

Not sure but I didn't have to give my VIN for a VMP tune, only the SCTx3 serial number. Not sure we'll hear from experts on this but I got a proposal for ya. Send (PM) your Lund tune and I'll see if I can load it. You should be able to save it from the device and mail it over.

Let me know,

DaFreak

Hey Todd,

Not sure but I didn't have to give my VIN for a VMP tune, only the SCTx3 serial number. Not sure we'll hear from experts on this but I got a proposal for ya. Send (PM) your Lund tune and I'll see if I can load it. You should be able to save it from the device and mail it over.

Let me know,

DaFreak

On further review it looks like you can't save it from your device. Maybe it was emailed to you? If so, sent it over.

DaFreak

You cannot save any tune from device to your computer as a file. You can only delete it from the tuner. Jon would have to send you the file via email. If it's his tune for your car, it is specific to your mods only. It's not locked or VIN specific, only mod specific.

Your stock tune is locked to the tuner and can be returned to the car, and yes after reverting all mods bringing car back to stock.

If your only selling the tuner, but keeping the car modded, you need to....

1. Get a copy of your modded tune from Jon via email.

2. Get a new tuner...if that's the plan.

3. Flash car back to stock with old tuner BUT DONT START (if it is still modded).

4. Load Jon's emailed tune into your new tuner and reflash the car. Now your stock tune is in the new tuner. And your back with the modded tune.

If reverting car to stock, just reflash back to stock tune. Then using the SCT software, delete Jon's tune from the device. Then unlock the device.

Ok more details. The tune is the 93 octane off-road x-pipe on a stock car.

Someone wants to buy my O/R X-pipe and SCTx3. I would like to know if the Lund tune can be used on his car or is it locked for use on my car only?

Both cars are stock and only mod will be the X-pipe. So only change will be what the parts are used on, and yes both are '10 model years. As I know the tune for the 2010 is different from other years.

I know how to get the Lund tune off the SCT and yes it did come via email from Lethal Performance. I am just looking to be able to sell the Lund tune to him for a few extra $$$$. If not I will have to sell him the pipe and stock X-pipe.

Todd

Ok more details. The tune is the 93 octane off-road x-pipe on a stock car.

Someone wants to buy my O/R X-pipe and SCTx3. I would like to know if the Lund tune can be used on his car or is it locked for use on my car only?

Both cars are stock and only mod will be the X-pipe. So only change will be what the parts are used on, and yes both are '10 model years. As I know the tune for the 2010 is different from other years.

I know how to get the Lund tune off the SCT and yes it did come via email from Lethal Performance. I am just looking to be able to sell the Lund tune to him for a few extra $$$$. If not I will have to sell him the pipe and stock X-pipe.

Todd

Then just sell the tune file to him. The tune is NOT locked to the car, only the tuner is. But if the recipient is running diff mods then what the tune is written, he'll need to get it change via Jon. Or a new tune from him. But he will get additionally charged by Jon if either is the case.

Then just sell the tune file to him. The tune is NOT locked to the car, only the tuner is. But if the recipient is running diff mods then what the tune is written, he'll need to get it change via Jon. Or a new tune from him. But he will get additionally charged by Jon if either is the case.

hmmm. always thought once the tune was locked to the car. now that I think about it I don't see how it can be if you never give car specifics like the VIN. Just thought it was as I never see people trying to sell common (2.6 pulley/CAI) custom tunes that they already bought from Lethal or VMP.

hmmm. always thought once the tune was locked to the car. now that I think about it I don't see how it can be if you never give car specifics like the VIN. Just thought it was as I never see people trying to sell common (2.6 pulley/CAI) custom tunes that they already bought from Lethal or VMP.

Passing on tunes is not a common occurrence. I've never heard of someone doing it. Not sure how the designers of the tunes feel about it tho.

That is what I want to do, sell it as a kit. But what confused me was that I had to give both the SCT S/N, and the VIN to my car.

If it is VIN locked (the tune) that is, then I will just return my car to stock, remove the JL tune from the SCT and sell him the pipe and unlocked stock tuner.

I know how to do everything I need to do to free up the tuner. My only question: "is the tune programmed to be VIN specific?"

As far as tune for different mods....This is not an issue. The only difference is going to be the car/VIN.

Passing on tunes is not a common occurrence. I've never heard of someone doing it. Not sure how the designers of the tunes feel about it tho.

Could care less about this. I paid for the tune. Now if I was still using the tune and tried to copy it and send it to someone then that I can understand.

And passing on tunes is an EVERY day occurrence, in fact in the Diesel performance world it is just a given. That is where I came from prior the the Shelby.

Todd

That is what I want to do, sell it as a kit. But what confused me was that I had to give both the SCT S/N, and the VIN to my car.

If it is VIN locked (the tune) that is, then I will just return my car to stock, remove the JL tune from the SCT and sell him the pipe and unlocked stock tuner.

I know how to do everything I need to do to free up the tuner. My only question: "is the tune programmed to be VIN specific?"

As far as tune for different mods....This is not an issue. The only difference is going to be the car/VIN.

No it's not locked VIN specific.

Could care less about this. I paid for the tune. Now if I was still using the tune and tried to copy it and send it to someone then that I can understand.

And passing on tunes is an EVERY day occurrence, in fact in the Diesel performance world it is just a given. That is where I came from prior the the Shelby.

Todd

Nice attitude. Was just making a comment, as I've never seen in the forums people selling off tunes to others.

Archived