TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SS Insurance question

Has anyone with a supersnake had any issues with car insurance? I am assuming I will have to have my car re-inspected by State Farm when it gets back.

I drove my SS to my state farm agent and he took about 6 pictures of it. The premium did not change. $330 for six months and $7 a month storage in the winter sounds awefully good to me. So far, no problems. I havent had a claim on it so I dont know what happens on that aspect.

I drove my SS to my state farm agent and he took about 6 pictures of it. The premium did not change. $330 for six months and $7 a month storage in the winter sounds awefully good to me. So far, no problems. I havent had a claim on it so I dont know what happens on that aspect.

I'm curious...what coverage limits do you get for $330/per 6 mos and what do you get for the $7 per mo???

My State Farm agent gave me a quote MUCH higher than that on my 2010 GT500! (100/300/300, or was it 100/100/300?)

P

Has anyone with a supersnake had any issues with car insurance? I am assuming I will have to have my car re-inspected by State Farm when it gets back.

In addition to having the car inspected and photographed by your agent, you should come to an agreed replacement value too (documented). If you don't, you run the risk of only getting compensated for the replacement value of a stock GT500 if it ever gets (god forbid) wrecked or stolen. I also made sure that my agent took pictures of the interior, engine compartment, and the undercarrage (Baer brakes, new suspension, brake ducts, etc) of the car too because I wanted to make sure that all my bases were covered.

I'm curious...what coverage limits do you get for $330/per 6 mos and what do you get for the $7 per mo???

My State Farm agent gave me a quote MUCH higher than that on my 2010 GT500! (100/300/300, or was it 100/100/300?)

P

$330 for six months is 100/300/100. With a $1000 deductible. That is for full coverage, liability-comprehensive-collision-uninsured-and underinsured. The $7 a month is for storage insurance which covers everything except for damages while driving on the street. State Farm says they pay a "depreciated value" price. The pictures are good, but keep all the paperwork.

$330 for six months is 100/300/100. With a $1000 deductible. That is for full coverage, liability-comprehensive-collision-uninsured-and underinsured. The $7 a month is for storage insurance which covers everything except for damages while driving on the street. State Farm says they pay a "depreciated value" price. The pictures are good, but keep all the paperwork.

Thanks for the reply/explaination. I'm going to have to get back to the State Farm agent I spoke with.

But I *think* I was looking at 100/300/300 because I'm pretty sure I wanted $300K for UM. Maybe that's the difference. I know it is on both of my Harley's. If I get 300 UM my premiums go up from ~$180 to nearly $600 (per year, on Motorcycles in Colorado).

I also know he was pushing hard for the "free glass replacement" clause but from what I remember, that was only 8 bucks and change per vehicle (per 6 mos).

I also get the $1,000 deductable on all of my vehicles. Every insurance agent I've ever talked with says that lower deductables are for folks that don't have the money handy (I do) and that in the long run you end up *more* than paying for it in premium increases. The $1K deductable keeps my premiums down quite a bit, especially when you spread it over 5 and 6 vehicles.

Thanks again,

Phill

gdear66 look into Delp insurance. This topic has been hashed out on this site before and Delp seems to always come out on top. I am insured through Delp.

Ron

+1 on Delp! (Chartis)

2007 40th Anniversary w/SS upgrades

$100,000 agreed value coverage

No deductable

...including...$10,000 coverage on my '64 Fairlane

Annual premium...............$572.00

Of course diferent areas (among other things) demand a different premium but I don't think you'll beat their prices.

Archived