TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hi everyone,

I just get the idea to change the original hood pins on my 08 SGT. :headscratch:

I just want to ask you if the original Hood pins from the GT500 KR can be installed on the original hood from my SGT. :sos: Does someone know if this will cause problems; and/or if I really have to change the complete hood; what I really don't wanna do.

These ones : http://www.shelbyautos.com/galleries/kr1-/kr1-14-1024.jpg

Thanks for your help and proposals.

Greetings :salute: - Wish you a happy nice and peacefull 4th of July

Fred

:peelout:

I believe the KR twist-type hood pin kits fit inside of a recess, and if that is so, they wouldn't work on the stock SGT hood.

That's correct. They are set in a recessed location on the hood and as such are not designed for the factory hood. Not saying someone with enough time, talent, or money, couldn't get them to work, but they're not designed for our application.

That's correct. They are set in a recessed location on the hood and as such are not designed for the factory hood. Not saying someone with enough time, talent, or money, couldn't get them to work, but they're not designed for our application.

Jeff, seems to me I remember seeing twist-type hood pin kits in the past thru some of the parts stores. Didn't these type of twist-pin kits exist in the past? I haven't checked, but someone still might be manufacturing them for stock hoods.

Jeff, seems to me I remember seeing twist-type hood pin kits in the past thru some of the parts stores. Didn't these type of twist-pin kits exist in the past? I haven't checked, but someone still might be manufacturing them for stock hoods.

There's these that will work without being recessed, kinda pricey and I haven't seen any in person?

http://www.q-latch.com/page10.html

Good Luck with that...I wish SHELBY had done these types of old style twist locks instead of the pins, but no such luck....

I'm with you. I wish Shelby would have used a twist lock type pin instead of those cheap cable type pins. I personally think the twist type hoods pins look cleaner and would better fit the style of the new mustangs. Don't get me wrong, my 69 Torino Cobra has the cable type hood pins and they are great on that car, but I don't really care for them on our newer ones.

Cervini makes a twist type hood pin set, I think, but they are designed to fit a different spot on the hood. Not sure if they could be made to fit our existing location. It would be AWESOME if Shelby would design a set like that to replace our originals!!!!

I'm with you. I wish Shelby would have used a twist lock type pin instead of those cheap cable type pins. I personally think the twist type hoods pins look cleaner and would better fit the style of the new mustangs. Don't get me wrong, my 69 Torino Cobra has the cable type hood pins and they are great on that car, but I don't really care for them on our newer ones.

Cervini makes a twist type hood pin set, I think, but they are designed to fit a different spot on the hood. Not sure if they could be made to fit our existing location. It would be AWESOME if Shelby would design a set like that to replace our originals!!!!

I might be the minority here, but I love the cable and pin set. I think Shelby could have given us a much nicer set, but I love them! Just my .02 cents!

Archived