TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby 4th of July Sale

Revan Racing

And how much fun did you have with your GT/SC at Hallett this year? It probably performed a little better than expected I'm guessing....................... hysterical.gif

Well Van funny you asked. I think that your radiator and dual fan intercooler probably helped save my engine. This year at Hallett I blew the 4inch idler pulley that is installed when the whipple was put on. When the pulley blew it chewed up the belt and the lower grooved idler pulley when this happened I looked down at my Newly installed Ford racing temp gauge and it read 220 when the pulley blew and within 5 seconds the temp went to 260 plus so I turned the car off and coasted off the track onto the grass parking area. I lifted the hood and let the car cool down. One thing I wished I did was turn the key and and let your dual fans cool the car even more if that ever happens again I will remember to keep the key on and let them do there job.

I think the car ran better this year but I had only 6 sessions on the track before I was down.

I wish I would have had the Ford Racing Temp gauge last year so I could have compared temps to this year.

I do love the sound of the dual fans I feel like I am driving a jet.

Well Van funny you asked. I think that your radiator and dual fan intercooler probably helped save my engine. This year at Hallett I blew the 4inch idler pulley that is installed when the whipple was put on. When the pulley blew it chewed up the belt and the lower grooved idler pulley when this happened I looked down at my Newly installed Ford racing temp gauge and it read 220 when the pulley blew and within 5 seconds the temp went to 260 plus so I turned the car off and coasted off the track onto the grass parking area. I lifted the hood and let the car cool down. One thing I wished I did was turn the key and and let your dual fans cool the car even more if that ever happens again I will remember to keep the key on and let them do there job.

I think the car ran better this year but I had only 6 sessions on the track before I was down.

I wish I would have had the Ford Racing Temp gauge last year so I could have compared temps to this year.

I do love the sound of the dual fans I feel like I am driving a jet.

I'd love for the radiator to be the reason you saved your engine but I think awareness and being alert to your surroundings and your vehicle are what saved your engine. When the main drive belt for the water pump stops you get zero movement in the cooling system so possibly the added capacity of the radiator aided in keep some of the temp at bay but it was mostly likely your being heads up.

Sorry you only got 6 sessions in. Seems like no matter what we do you can never have enough spare parts when you go to the track.

Archived