TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Saying Goodbye...

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You going to keep us in suspense? I promise not to cap on you (unless you buy a Prius or something.) :hysterical: You know human nature is to fill in the blanks and speculate when information is withheld so you might as well tell us.

My crystal ball says a used C6 Z06...were going to miss you when you go to the "dark side" TX Stig doh.gif

Sitting on a plane right now so not much time to type.

I'd love a GTR or a new Z06 all blacked out but part of the reason for selling the Shelby is due to the expense and losing the dual income from the pending divorce.

As of now I'm planning on going with a 2011 Subaru WRX in the four door version with the new flared fenders. It should make a good daily diver, be fun to take on road trips, and about 1/2 the cost of the Shelby. Probably go with silver, which was on the short list prior to splurging on the Shelby.

You guys are fun so I'll probably hang around awhile. :)

Thats a great car. You get STI wide body and a quicker car to 60 and the 1/4 because of the 5 vs 6 speed all for only $25k with Costco pricing. My friend has an 09 that has gone 13.4 @103. It's a great car to have in snow country and can waste most stock vette's at the local 1/4 mile. If I couldnt get financed for my 2011 I would of tried to get into a 2011 WRX sedan or STI for the bullet proof to 800hp 6 speed tranny vs the WRX 5 speed thats made of glass, but its not a problem if you keep it stock.

Thats a great car. You get STI wide body and a quicker car to 60 and the 1/4 because of the 5 vs 6 speed all for only $25k with Costco pricing. My friend has an 09 that has gone 13.4 @103. It's a great car to have in snow country and can waste most stock vette's at the local 1/4 mile. If I couldnt get financed for my 2011 I would of tried to get into a 2011 WRX sedan or STI for the bullet proof to 800hp 6 speed tranny vs the WRX 5 speed thats made of glass, but its not a problem if you keep it stock.

800 HP from a 2.5 liter - that's insane! But I'd probably need that much HP to justify that park bench wing on the trunk, even if it is functional. Lol

Sitting on a plane right now so not much time to type.

I'd love a GTR or a new Z06 all blacked out but part of the reason for selling the Shelby is due to the expense and losing the dual income from the pending divorce.

As of now I'm planning on going with a 2011 Subaru WRX in the four door version with the new flared fenders. It should make a good daily diver, be fun to take on road trips, and about 1/2 the cost of the Shelby. Probably go with silver, which was on the short list prior to splurging on the Shelby.

You guys are fun so I'll probably hang around awhile. :)

TX hang out with us,i enjoy your posts--bob

Thanks Rob for forwarding this thread. It seems i'm not along out there. I love the car, hate the worry and concern. At this point, it's just a thought...i'd likely chicken out if it came down to it.

Rich

Pussy !!! hysterical.gif

Rich - this car is a "no worry car" and fun to drive to shows. :hysterical:

Ford_Pinto.jpg

Oh my God! My best friend and I spent a good part of our high school years driving around in a Pinto JUST LIKE this one! HA! Thanks for the memories! :dance:

Onetrickpony, I am the guy who walked into the Ford dealer and saw you car and had to have it. Let me start off with, Man did you take of that car. I am retired Air Force and have access to the Auto Hobby shop on base, I put the car on a lift to check out the underside, you could eat off the bottom side. This is my first Shelby, my sixth Mustang and my 44th car. This one is a keeper. I love the power and all the cool sync stuff. I am not sure if you would consider the car in good hands or not. I am all about enjoying my cars. I lowered it this last weekend and did a muffler delete. I love the way it sits now and it sound as if it has 540 horses. I have more part on the way. I enjoy making a car mine. I am not doing anything that I can reverse at a later date and I am saving all the parts that I change out. I realize that these cars are special but they are cars after all and should be driven. I will post some pictures when I get a chance.

tx,

Were you and your son able to stop by the shop? Also the WRX STI is an awesome car and a very worthy substitute till the Ford GT becomes available to you :drool::shift: .

Unfortunately by the time we got out of the traffic jam at Hoover Dam and rolled into Vegas it was after hours. I posted pics of the trip in the 3,000 Mile Farewell thread.

Wish I could have met you - maybe another day...

Onetrickpony, I am the guy who walked into the Ford dealer and saw you car and had to have it. Let me start off with, Man did you take of that car. I am retired Air Force and have access to the Auto Hobby shop on base, I put the car on a lift to check out the underside, you could eat off the bottom side. This is my first Shelby, my sixth Mustang and my 44th car. This one is a keeper. I love the power and all the cool sync stuff. I am not sure if you would consider the car in good hands or not. I am all about enjoying my cars. I lowered it this last weekend and did a muffler delete. I love the way it sits now and it sound as if it has 540 horses. I have more part on the way. I enjoy making a car mine. I am not doing anything that I can reverse at a later date and I am saving all the parts that I change out. I realize that these cars are special but they are cars after all and should be driven. I will post some pictures when I get a chance.

Welcome !!!

lurk.gif

This is interesting....I believe this is the first I've heard of a second owner buying from a dealer and posting in the former owners thread. Cool.

Welcome.

This is interesting....I believe this is the first I've heard of a second owner buying from a dealer and posting in the former owners thread. Cool.

Welcome.

Yours could be the 2nd.

:lurk:

Archived