TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Saying Goodbye...

Not totally sure why I did this but I sold my GT500 yesterday. I purchased a new 2010 370Z car, Platinum Graphite with the Sport/Touring package, Nav, front and rear mats. I did a straight trade, title for title so I own this car out right.Out of the 45 cars that I have purchased I got a little choked up when I dropped her off at the dealership :cry: . There was a lot of history behind this car for me. It was one of the five cars allocated to Shelby Autos, long story.

I had a hard time drivng it within the speed limit and always worried about the car, I needed to slow down before I lost my license and my job, have CDL. My Shelby gave me zero problems and was a great car, I'll miss her, but the new one has been around for 40 years and has a long history itself. I actually was looking at vids on this forum and saw the guy from Garage 419 driving Z Roadster to some race track. His partner and him really liked the car and said that they couldn't thing of one thing they didn't like about the car, so I ws curious and stopped by the dealership the next day to take a look and was sold.

Drive safe my friends, I'll always have a passion for Shelbys.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those are some sharp cars OneTrickPony. I see them quite often. I know you already made your trade/purchase..but did you consider getting a 2011 V6 mustang? 30MPG and 300HP? Or are you just tired of the Mustang style, etc?

Wow..you've owned 45 cars? That's amazing! I've only owned 4! LOL!

It's strange to see people like yourself letting go of their cars after a year. I remember the whole 2010 gang from last year when these cars first started coming out. Seems like almost one person a week is moving on now.

I'll be honest..I've thought of getting rid of mine too and just getting a V6 mustang. I worry about the car constantly too...to the point where I don't feel that I enjoy it any more. I had to leave the house to go somewhere with someone for about an hour today...the whole time I was gone, all I could do was think to myself..."Is my car okay?" I've not gone to places simply because I was afraid to leave my car somewhere...that's no way to live. I know there are others on here that are well off and are able to afford two cars..but I can barely afford one. So that's not an option for me.

Hope you will post pics of your new baby for us to see and you'll pop by to say hello from time to time.

Take care.

I'm confused by your logic, as every car I've ever driven has been capible of driving faster than the law would allow even my 87 Nissan Stanza, but conrgrats....I think :headscratch:

Those cars are prtty slick looking, not my cup of tea as I've always been an American Muscle kind of guy, but I wouldn't be completely apposed to rocking a 370.

Those are some sharp cars OneTrickPony. I see them quite often. I know you already made your trade/purchase..but did you consider getting a 2010 V6 mustang? 30MPG and 300HP? Or are you just tired of the Mustang style, etc?

Wow..you've owned 45 cars? That's amazing! I've only owned 4! LOL!

It's strange to see people like yourself letting go of their cars after a year. I remember the whole 2010 gang from last year when these cars first started coming out. Seems like almost one person a week is moving on now.

I'll be honest..I've thought of getting rid of mine too and just getting a V6 mustang. I worry about the car constantly too...to the point where I don't feel that I enjoy it any more. I had to leave the house to go somewhere with someone for about an hour today...the whole time I was gone, all I could do was think to myself..."Is my car okay?" I've not gone to places simply because I was afraid to leave my car somewhere...that's no way to live. I know there are others on here that are well off and are able to afford two cars..but I can barely afford one. So that's not an option for me.

Hope you will post pics of your new baby for us to see and you'll pop by to say hello from time to time.

Take care.

just repeat this mantra--"its just a car,and i have insurance" I was that way with my 65GTO after i had a frame off done on it,and talk abut not being able to replace it.Then i had some health issues,and realized it wasnt worth the worry--its just a car,and if you have your health, youre ahead of the curve---thanks for all the help youve given hundreds of people,and drive the car,its the best therapy---bob

just repeat this mantra--"its just a car,and i have insurance" I was that way with my 65GTO after i had a frame off done on it,and talk abut not being able to replace it.Then i had some health issues,and realized it wasnt worth the worry--its just a car,and if you have your health, youre ahead of the curve---thanks for all the help youve given hundreds of people,and drive the car,its the best therapy---bob

Very true Bob. I totally get what you're saying....

Without telling my life story here - I also had that sort of awakening about health and such. Years back I was told that I might have a disease that would kill me in a few months...turned out that I didn't have it...but it sure woke me up and changed me. I do have ongoing medical issues...unfortunately.

The thing is, keeping that in mind...I don't have much that I enjoy and my car is one of the things that makes me most happy - and just the thought of someone ruining that pleasure in my life is too much at times.

In my neighborhood people drive around 100K+ Mercedes, Bmw's and Porsche's and they park them in malls, restaurants etc and dont worry about them.

I am worried about mine, not enough where I lose sleep over it, I used to do that 20 years ago but I learned its just a car. Its going to get worn out if I use it, and if I dont use it all I'm doing is keeping it nice for someone else.

The 370 is a nice car but they are pretty capable of getting tickets and loosing a CDL, I go through bout 2-3 new cars a year myself so I understand just wanting something different, to me this car isnt very fast so I'm kind of surprised to hear that for an excuse :)

IMO if you can afford it there is nothing wrong with trying one of everything out there, it keeps cars dealers in business.

Blue, I know exactly how you feel. My dream car was a Vette.. saved for years and finally got one. Kept it for 5 years, had 5K on the clock and sold it becasue I didn't enjoy cleaning it any more.. so that it wouldn get dirty and dusty I just stopped driving it. I was really anal with it. A few years past and I missed having a toy. I vowed that with the Shelby I'll enjoy it and not worry too much about the knicks and things. I figure I'll keep this one for a while.

Not totally sure why I did this but I sold my GT500 yesterday. I purchased a new 2010 370Z car, Platinum Graphite with the Sport/Touring package, Nav, front and rear mats. I did a straight trade, title for title so I own this car out right.Out of the 45 cars that I have purchased I got a little choked up when I dropped her off at the dealership :cry: . There was a lot of history behind this car for me. It was one of the five cars allocated to Shelby Autos, long story.

I had a hard time drivng it within the speed limit and always worried about the car, I needed to slow down before I lost my license and my job, have CDL. My Shelby gave me zero problems and was a great car, I'll miss her, but the new one has been around for 40 years and has a long history itself. I actually was looking at vids on this forum and saw the guy from Garage 419 driving Z Roadster to some race track. His partner and him really liked the car and said that they couldn't thing of one thing they didn't like about the car, so I ws curious and stopped by the dealership the next day to take a look and was sold.

Andy,

I don't get it.:shrug: You just traded your 2009 PU and got a 2010 last week. Now the GT500 because it's fast. :headscratch:

Sounds like a little mid life crisis. :hysterical:

I had to google the 2010 370Z to see what you bought.

post-6269-127786166378_thumb.jpg

45 new cars :spend:

post-6269-127786166378_thumb.jpg

Not totally sure why I did this but I sold my GT500 yesterday.

That makes 2 of us. :headscratch:

Wasn't it just last week we were talking on the phone. You were going on and on about how much you liked your car !!!:headscratch:

Blue, I know exactly how you feel. My dream car was a Vette.. saved for years and finally got one. Kept it for 5 years, had 5K on the clock and sold it because I didn't enjoy cleaning it any more.. so that it wouldn't get dirty and dusty I just stopped driving it. I was really anal with it. A few years past and I missed having a toy. I vowed that with the Shelby I'll enjoy it and not worry too much about the nicks and things. I figure I'll keep this one for a while.

Geez...it's like you were reading my mind about the cleaning part. I went out for a cruise tonight and was going along fine...until I hit a patch of road that looked like they had opened up a fire hydrant on or something. I slowed down to a crawl to go through the mini river - and then immediately turned around and headed towards the nearest car wash to clean off the dirty water that sprayed up on the car. I'm thinking to myself that this is ridiculous.

Gotta get to the point where I'm thinking like you...I guess. Thanks for the post.

Geez...it's like you were reading my mind about the cleaning part. I went out for a cruise tonight and was going along fine...until I hit a patch of road that looked like they had opened up a fire hydrant on or something. I slowed down to a crawl to go through the mini river - and then immediately turned around and headed towards the nearest car wash to clean off the dirty water that sprayed up on the car. I'm thinking to myself that this is ridiculous.

Gotta get to the point where I'm thinking like you...I guess. Thanks for the post.

Sell it and get one of these so there will be no worries. happy%20feet.gif

Heck it's still in the Mustang family and gets good gas MPG to boot.

Ford_Pinto.jpg

[

Do you drink?

Sell it and get one of these so there will be no worries. happy%20feet.gif

Heck it's still in the Mustang family and gets good gas MPG to boot.

hehe...I think I might try therapy before going to that extreme! :P

Actually I was looking at a Mustang II for my first car...I can still remember the feeling I got when I was in it....I felt like I was in a little plastic box. It was a God awful color too...with a white interior, I believe.

45 cars??? Man I want to be dead long before I've owned 15 cars...unless I'm set up like Jay Leno or something.

Perhaps now we can get a slightly smalller signature? ( =

Andy,

Your gonna need to change your profile statement too.

Does Zach know you sold his car.:hysterical:

"This car brings back the feelings I had when I purchased my first Mustang. I plan on passing this car down to my 9 year old son, when I'm dead and gone that is".

Andy,

Your gonna need to change your profile statement too.

Does Zach know you sold his car.:hysterical:

"This car brings back the feelings I had when I purchased my first Mustang. I plan on passing this car down to my 9 year old son, when I'm dead and gone that is".

Poor Grabber is taking this harder than OneTrickPony! :)

Believe me it was a hard choice. I had them sitting side by side in the garage for the night :confused: , I know the Z car can break the speed limit too, . It was that awesome exhaust note that I couldn't resist :banghead: . I'd find myself looking around and then getting on it a little everytime I 'd drive it, just to darn much temptation.

Grabber/Rob, Zach is a car guy like dad and does like the new car. It does start with the letter "Z". My 09 F150 had to many litlle issues and I just got tired of dealing with them so I bought the 2010 F150 Platinum and this one is in much better condition than the 2009.

Honestly, when I decided to get rid of my 09 F150, I called all week long trying to get a hold of the salesmanager that I've know for 14 years at the Ford store. When I couldn't get a hold of him I purchased the truck from another dealer, they had exactly what I wanted in stock with 6 miles on it. He was very upset :angry22: and after our converstion a few days later, I felt horrible, and that's what started me thinking about selling the Shelby and buying a new Ford Taurus. I couldn't stop thinking about it and became depresssed :cry: . I was on the forum and watched a vid with the guy from Garage 419 and he was driving a 370Z Roadster to some track event that was going to test the 2011 GT500. While driving the car, he made a comment that got me thinking, He said that him and his partner couldn't think of one thing about the car that they didn't like. So on the way home from work the next day, I stopped by and really like the styling of the car. I found what I liked at another dealer and was able to do a straight trade. I will always love my Shelby, but all of the statements mentioned above drove me to this change :fool: .

This is getting pretty deep. Let me get this straight. Your dealer laid a guilt trip on you for buying a truck from another dealer, so you decided that you were going to trade the new 2010 GT500 to him for a Taurus, but then you watched a vid on the forum about the nissan and fell in lust with it, so you said SCREW THAT OTHER DEALER and bought the import.:hysterical:

Now what's the first dealer gonna think of you ?

:lurk:

Great, you can get rid of the words largest signature now. Really two FULL SIZED pics? The move to the Z makes no sense to me but to each their own. I guess some have more money then sense. A straight trade for a Z? The thing better have been a loaded vert, and even then.....

Rob, Julie and I can still drive down to visit, we'll just have to re-take some pics :hysterical:

You are welcome anytime Andy.

I know you will enjoy the car.

Who knows, maybe next year you will be in another GT500. happy%20feet.gif

I'm a little late getting to this side topic but basically I had an epiphany the other day. I was doing the same thing, afraid to leave my car in parkades...constantly worrying about it when it's parked in my secured underground parking at work. It was to the point of where I stopped driving it to work because I was too worried something was going to happen to it. Mind you I've only had the car a month so some of it is just the over protectiveness of owning the car. You are right it's no way to live. So I opened my eyes and looked around my parkade, it's full of mercedes, bimmers and porsches that are parked there daily including a mercedes SLS. What are those worth 250k? I'm not even sure. Then I stop by the grocery store after work and guess what's parked there every day, all day with the top down Ferrari F430, I even snapped a picture of it that I'll attach below. Drive the car man. We have insurance for a reason. I know I turned over a new leaf...not going to worry about rock chips and parking it, just going to drive it and have fun. I had a 07 GT for 3 years, went everywhere with it...it was immaculate after 3 years. Not going to worry about it anymore.

On to the main topic...I just can't figure out why you would sell it. All the reasons you've listed aren't making a whole lot of sense since you'll have the same issues with the Z. If you're worried about the Shelby why would you be less worried about the Z, it's not like people will ding it less if they're going to anyway. It's not like it's not a quick and flashy car. I'm confused.

post-25987-127791015886_thumb.jpg

post-25987-127791015886_thumb.jpg

Archived