TEAM SHELBY FORUM

ILSTANG car spotted in IL

TwinTurboBoss

Welcome backdraft,

It looks like you are on the same Quality hold as me. I would like to see that film that you mentioned. It sounds like our rigs will be on the same train together. Do you live in the Pacific NW ?

Yes, the Great Pacific NW. See if you can guess here.......I live in a town where its "Sea to Ski" in 30 minutes. TTB will give you a prize if you guess right! Right? :shift:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, the Great Pacific NW. See if you can guess here.......I live in a town where its "Sea to Ski" in 30 minutes. TTB will give you a prize if you guess right! Right? :shift:

bkdraft, If you think this is fun just wait until your car is getting close :hysterical2::hysterical:

I can just see it now.. Backdraft leaving his home with a borrowed pink thong from Rufdraft headed out with his shelby and a ski rack on top because he will be skiing in a half hour :hysterical2::hysterical::hysterical2: Do you pull your jet skiis while having ski rack on roof?

ILstang, Your car has moved but appears to have not gotten very far. Google earth paid subscription jk shows them trying to get it across the busy yard for an unload or for a train transfer. hard to tell exactly which at this time. :headspin: :happy feet:

My sound is not zooming in very well but appears it said car is wanting something white and fluffy? Not sure if thats snow or its blankie :hysterical2::hysterical:

Just checked with ford and TTB's information is more up to date than theirs. Hope the car is off loaded today and has its security inspection and get onto a transport today or tomorrow. Looks like the weather will hold through the weekend. Just cold here.

Ilstang, good news your car is finally on the move!

Not sure if its getting ready to be unloaded or what but something very soon...

Ilstang, good news your car is finally on the move!

Not sure if its getting ready to be unloaded or what but something very soon...

Just got back from Bloomington IL was hoping to see it on the road. Any chance it will go to a carrie and make it to the dealer in the PM?

Thanks

Just got back from Bloomington IL was hoping to see it on the road. Any chance it will go to a carrie and make it to the dealer in the PM?

Thanks

Doubtful. In a yard that big it will take a while

I will let you know as soon as I see movement.

Seeing as though its dark Google is having a hard time watching it :hysterical2: Grabber maybe but Google no :hysterical:

My car cleared security Friday. It has sat since then without moving (per TTB). I could not stand it any longer, so traced down the transport company which took some sluthing. Called and got the number for their onsite (rail) loader. When he heard what I was looking for he told me that was the car he had been driving all weekend. With the last 7 of the vin he located it and flagged it to go out prob. tomorrow but definately Weds. I have learned a lot about the systems and that you can make a difference in the transport time by calling.

My car cleared security Friday. It has sat since then without moving (per TTB). I could not stand it any longer, so traced down the transport company which took some sluthing. Called and got the number for their onsite (rail) loader. When he heard what I was looking for he told me that was the car he had been driving all weekend. With the last 7 of the vin he located it and flagged it to go out prob. tomorrow but definately Weds. I have learned a lot about the systems and that you can make a difference in the transport time by calling.

I need som training on the "Sluthing". Sign me up. :hyper:

How is your car being delivered and ours are sitting on quality hold?

How is your car being delivered and ours are sitting on quality hold?

GT500's built with in a 30 day time frame of the discovered linkage problem and tire inflater shortage are the affected cars. His made the date. He was lucky.

Car carrier left the rail station at 9:35 with my car, but mine was loaded to come off last which is unsual. Needed to make four stops so my car probably will be delivered sometime late tonight. OH well, looks like tomorrow, but I will not bring it home until the roads clear anyway. Glad mine made it out of the plant and hope there are no problems. Grabber mine was built a day later then yours. Wonder if something else is up. Will give mine a very close look over when I pick it up.

Car carrier left the rail station at 9:35 with my car, but mine was loaded to come off last which is unsual. Needed to make four stops so my car probably will be delivered sometime late tonight. OH well, looks like tomorrow, but I will not bring it home until the roads clear anyway. Glad mine made it out of the plant and hope there are no problems. Grabber mine was built a day later then yours. Wonder if something else is up. Will give mine a very close look over when I pick it up.

That is odd. I would check the shift linkage. If it works good, then your fine.

You may want to check further and see if there is another problem. Any reliable people in the factory to check for sure on what the true problem is?

I had another well known source check, and I recieved the same info as our other trusted source.

It sounds like you might know something that you do not want to share ? :headscratch:

You know more then I do, but it does not seem to add up so that makes me think there is another reason for the hold up. My car was in quality hold for two days and was built a day after yours.

Well, Monday morning I had a very nice 10 minute chat with Ralph. He told me what was wrong with my car. He told me it was fixed now. He told me why it is held up. He then told me when he expects the darn tire inflator kits to show up and why they ran out. I asked him about another members car that was produced 4 days before mine and hers missed the problem.

The thing holding up the cars is the tire inflator kit period. I have no reason to doubt that. Plus it was verified by another very reliable source.

I now need to take 3 chill pills. :banghead:

Well, Monday morning I had a very nice 10 minute chat with Ralph. He told me what was wrong with my car. He told me it was fixed now. He told me why it is held up. He then told me when he expects the darn tire inflator kits to show up and why they ran out. I asked him about another members car that was produced 4 days before mine and hers missed the problem.

The thing holding up the cars is the tire inflator kit period. I have no reason to doubt that. Plus it was verified by another very reliable source.

Sorry to get you worked up I need to chill too. Will feel better when I check out my car for any paint/ body/transport dmg etc.

Sorry to get you worked up I need to chill too. Will feel better when I check out my car for any paint/ body/transport dmg etc.

Were cool. I am just patiently waiting. :finger:

If you remember in my earlier post on the other thread, I asked him if any cars got out of the plant affected! He said NO. I even asked about a potential recall....He said No we have them all here and are fixing them. I am sure your car will be just fine.

I'm confused. ILSTANG was built a day after yours , so was mine. My VIN is 295841. Yours is very close to mine. How close is yours ILSTANG? None of this makes sense to me. My schedule date is 1/15, Grabbers is 1/16. My build date 1/18, Grabbers build date is 1/17. In another post ILSTANGS schedule date is 1/2. He is getting his car tomorrow? WTF? Time to call Ralph. :banghead:

I'm confused. ILSTANG was built a day after yours , so was mine. My VIN is 295841. Yours is very close to mine. How close is yours ILSTANG? None of this makes sense to me. My schedule date is 1/15, Grabbers is 1/16. My build date 1/18, Grabbers build date is 1/17. In another post ILSTANGS schedule date is 1/2. He is getting his car tomorrow? WTF? Time to call Ralph. :banghead:

GT06,

You have some good points. I will be talking to Ralph about this soon. I will keep you posted.

GT06,

You have some good points. I will be talking to Ralph about this soon. I will keep you posted.

Great! I'm anxious to hear what Ralph has to say . My guess is that ILSTANGS car was built a couple of weeks b4 ours and was subject to a different quality hold(he posted a couple days I think) and was released to ship b4 our quality hold. Love to know his VIN. Later,thanks.

Great! I'm anxious to hear what Ralph has to say . My guess is that ILSTANGS car was built a couple of weeks b4 ours and was subject to a different quality hold(he posted a couple days I think) and was released to ship b4 our quality hold. Love to know his VIN. Later,thanks.
His car was built after yours. His was shipped out on the 24th. Had the trucking company not messed up the shipping he would have had it 4 days ago. My car was built In january & I have had it for 16days. Luck of the draw I guess...

Grabber, your car may not show until beginning of march?

They may have had shifter problems and the spare inflation canister problem but there are other problems they do not want to talk about!

You can take that one to the B A N K !

I have a busy day but will try to get over and check out my car today. If it checks out fine I will let the group know. I think there is clearly something else happening at the plant to cause such delays on some of the cars. I am going to pay close attention to body fit, spoilier damage, paint quality. Thanks TTB for your help in monitoring my car. If I had not called at each step the delays would have been much longer.

Archived