TEAM SHELBY FORUM

All Shelby's on Quality Hold

Grabber

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I am starting to get sour.

Grabber, If I was you I would be too! Ralph seems to give you info but I would like to call him out on what he is telling you.

I think its all a crock for what really is happening. I think the plant people think all here are a bunch of dummies and will always believe what they are told. I say FoMoCo is full of crap what they are telling people or leading them to believe.

Someone else pointed out the trans tail shaft cracking from a bolt being wrong sized. B U L L S H I P is what I say. A wrong size hole was not put in tailshaft housing in my opinion. Tell them to send you a pic of a cracked housing? It ain't gonna' happen because there are no cracked tailshaft housings? Cracked because of bolting shifter on? another bullship story

I am not saying your car has a paint issue but I say BS to what they ARE telling you

My best guess is indeed it did or does have a paint issue

As someone already pointed out if you have a paint issue it will never be the same. Engines, transmissions, suspension, call all be easily replaced but the paint gotta' be right the first time

Do you think this is affecting the GT and V6 Mustangs as well?

If its a paint issue will be on anything out of the AAI Plant.

As far as the shifter bolts to tailshaft being wrong size causing cracks in tail housing.

You may want to ask your Ford contact where the shifter bolts up to the tail shaft? It DOES NOT! I have been trying to keep quiet on this issue but am getting sick of Ford not telling the truth.

your shifter does not bolt up to the tailshaft but there are two supports coming off shifter that go to ears on tail housing that have little pins approx 1/4" in dia with clips holding them in. As I said they are telling a bunch of crap. These pins are approx 11" in front of your shifter.

Whoever made up this one must be thinking about the old style shifters back in the 60's and early 70's when the shifters did bolt to tailshaft housing. But you watch now that they are called out on this lie they will change the story to make it sound good.

Why does Ford not actually point out an issue with the leaking radiators and hoses? no its always the vendors who are problem!

I would have to say T.T is right on about the trans tailshaft & his thoughts that Ford is not telling people what the true problem is. It would be interesting to know if the Mazada`s are on hold, if so this could be a paint problem.

NOW I AM pissed off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you "think" you had the scoop? :hysterical2::hysterical::hysterical2:

here are a few pics of the shifter location. which by the way is bolted to the floor :hysterical2: I guess they made an updated shelby with it bolted to the trans :hysterical2: starting with yours :hysterical:

Laughs aside here are a few pics

Took it out of moth balls special to take pics

IMG_4160.jpg

IMG_4189.jpg

IMG_4191.jpg

IMG_4197.jpg

Lets just say if there was a trans or shifter problem the trans would have to come out of car to repair. If thats the case it would be easy to tell if it had been out.

Kind of like the wanna be Shelby pic above at the shows? Ever seen a 6cyl version with Shelby stripes? :hysterical2: a 2005 V-6? Somehow the side airbags got lost too

Grabber, At least your paint will be nice and shiney when you get the car July of 2008. :happy feet: j/k

I wonder? Did the trany manufacturer change a spec and didn't tell Ford? How in the heck do they all of a suddon start having a smaller bolt hole? Or, did someone just accidently put the wrong bolts in?

Now that they've ramped up production at TTC/Tremec for the new Vette and Viper (both of which soon get the TR6060 for the first time) I wonder if some spec 'mistake' has occurred. (....just looking for a good reason to blame GM/DCX ;-)

Hang in there Rob... much better they found it in the plant... you would not want your dealer fixing that <cringe> ....that new electronic-driver system can actually sense how bolt-tightening effort ramps up (in real time) and if they don't fall within the pre-programmed profile for that specific operation, they get flagged for quality check... I'm uncertain if AAI is using that system (think they are from a video I saw) -- and that may very well be how they found it. It's why Ford is moving away from air-drivers where such a fine level of detection is not possible.

Who knows.... just a thought to help you pass another 5 minutes <lol>

-Dan

I guess all I know is that my car is on Hold for something serious. If it is paint, and I notice it when it comes in at delivery, I will not accept the car. I will pass.

I am very sour at this point in the game.

I guess all I know is that my car is on Hold for something serious. If it is paint, and I notice it when it comes in at delivery, I will not accept the car. I will pass.

Sorry to hear that, now I know why you have been a little testy lately. Just look at the bright side, when your car comes, it will probably be better weather outside right? My freaking car has been in prison in the garage for 2 months now.....Good luck Rob.

Grabber - you have every reason to be upset at this point in the game. They owe you a few answers rather timely.

HSURB

Grabber, To help you pass the time here are a few nice pics of a 2007 Shelby Paint Job off the line pretty recent.

At least your cars' paint if thats the problem will be fixed prior to leaving plant. This poor sap got a car that needs a bit of work.

paint_scratches_roof_above_sticker.jpg

sanding_scratches_above_quarter_gla.jpg

Marks in this Shelby are visible from 3 FEET away

Grabber - you have every reason to be upset at this point in the game. They owe you a few answers rather timely.

HSURB

The trouble is, we have no one to provide the answers.

CS is wrong.

VOPC is wrong.

Zone rep is Wrong.

Dealer is wrong.

I have run out of options my friend. I will waite it out.

I am very picky and have an eye for detail far greater than most people. So if the paint is flawed, I will be on a quest for another car.

Like I said...........I am very sour.

Grabber, To help you pass the time here are a few nice pics of a 2007 Shelby Paint Job off the line pretty recent.

At least your cars' paint if thats the problem will be fixed prior to leaving plant. This poor sap got a car that needs a bit of work.

paint_scratches_roof_above_sticker.jpg

sanding_scratches_above_quarter_gla.jpg

Marks in this Shelby are visible from 3 FEET away

If my car comes in like that, I will not take it..........period ever

I will have to find another car. It might have to be an 08.

This pic is from another Shelby

This one has Red paint on the Seat cover on B O T H sides. Somehow this car was caught at plant but they still seemed to butcher the job

How would you like to be the one to get your car and find red paint on the plastic seat covers?

Why fomo has to give a line of bs is beyond me.

Just so all know I am not doing this to blast the Shelby in general just trying to point out a few facts that fomoco does not want you to hear.

IMG_4201.jpg

and yes this is just a tip of the large S H E L B Y iceberg!

they say a pic is worth how many words?

CS is wrong.

VOPC is wrong.

Zone rep is Wrong.

Dealer is wrong.

Ralph is wrong.

I am very picky and have an eye for detail far greater than most people. So if the paint is flawed, I will be on a quest for another car.

Sorry your going through this Grab, but hang in there bud, I'm sure it will all work out for you. When you do get the car I'm sure you will love it, then all this BS will just be a bad memory. good luck Rob.

CS is wrong.

VOPC is wrong.

Zone rep is Wrong.

Dealer is wrong.

Ralph is wrong.

Grabber - I would be pissed too. Do you want to borrow my old Johnny Cash Avatar? :hysterical2: :hysterical2: :hysterical2:

Just kiddin' you. I had all types of scares and rumors before mine arrived, and when it finally did arrive, it was darn close to perfect. I'm hoping the same for you.

HSURB

Grabber - I would be pissed too. Do you want to borrow my old Johnny Cash Avatar? :hysterical2: :hysterical2: :hysterical2:

Just kiddin' you. I had all types of scares and rumors before mine arrived, and when it finally did arrive, it was darn close to perfect. I'm hoping the same for you.

HSURB

Whew! The sky is falling. Maybe it is something simple like they have stripe issues again. It will get here, eventually.

Grabber

I have been off the site all day sorry to hear the news, but do not do anything rash. I bet that there is some monitoring of these sites and your car when released will be fine. We got over a foot of snow so I am now looking at mine in the garage and ford has my check. The car will be worth it when it comes.

I had some time to relax to some good tunes on my drive home. Took a chill pill.

Things will work out just fine. It is just going to take a little longer than normal.

I can't wait till it arrives. :hyper:

I can only hope they are not starting 40 cars a day down the line with paint that looks like that. It should have never made it onto the line. That looks like the paint job on my 1950 Willy's Army Jeep. I painted it in the back yard in the wind and it looks that good.

Sure, they can produce some cars with paint issues but all of them. Lets assume it is paint, they are going to do a visual check, keep the ones that need work and send the rest out the door. It looks like they are holding all of them. This makes me want to think it is something other than paint. If is a bolt issue with the transmission, every car will have to be put on a rack and checked. I would not think they are going to waste the time puting them on the rack untill they have the parts in hand to fix them. When they get the parts, what ever they are, this process will start to get them corrected.

Chris

I can only hope they are not starting 40 cars a day down the line with paint that looks like that. It should have never made it onto the line. That looks like the paint job on my 1950 Willy's Army Jeep. I painted it in the back yard in the wind and it looks that good.

Sure, they can produce some cars with paint issues but all of them. Lets assume it is paint, they are going to do a visual check, keep the ones that need work and send the rest out the door. It looks like they are holding all of them. This makes me want to think it is something other than paint. If is a bolt issue with the transmission, every car will have to be put on a rack and checked. I would not think they are going to waste the time puting them on the rack untill they have the parts in hand to fix them. When they get the parts, what ever they are, this process will start to get them corrected.

Chris

Geez, its something simple. No big deal. Besides with all the snow sleet and rain it has to go in the garage anyway till spring.

IMO Stangunleashed (SU) members ....... Ritalin is very close to being the same drug as SU... When you use choice SU words in the definition of Ritalin it all makes sense now.

RITALIN - Methylphenidate (or SU) is used to treat attention disorders (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, or ADHD) as part of a total treatment plan including psychological, educational and social measures. This medication (SU Forum board) is also used to treat patients with narcolepsy (a disorder of sleep regulation). When this medication (or SU) is used to treat ADHD, patients (Members) may find they have increased attention, decreased impulsiveness, and decreased (or Increased) hyperactivity (see also Notes section). This medication (Forum Board) is a mild stimulant that works by affecting the levels of chemicals (neurotransmitters) in the nervous system. This medication (Forum Board) should not be used to treat simple (PSDS) fatigue symptoms.

OTHER USES: This medication (Forum Board) may also be used for treating depression in certain cases.

How to use (Forum Board) or Ritalin Oral

This medication (Forum Board) is best taken (viewed) 30 to 45 minutes before a meal or as directed by your Moderator doctor. If loss of appetite occurs or if you experience stomach upset, it may be taken (Viewed) with or after meals or snacks.

Use this medication (Forum Board) regularly in order to get the most benefit from it. To help you remember, take it at the same time(s) each day. It may take up to two weeks to notice an improvement while on this (Forum Board) drug.

Use this medication (Forum Board) exactly as prescribed. Dosage is based on your medical condition and response to therapy. Your doctor may instruct you to gradually increase or decrease your dose. Do not increase your dose, use it more frequently or use it for a longer period of time than prescribed because this drug (Forum Board) can be habit-forming. Also, if used for a long period of time, do not suddenly stop using this without first consulting your (Moderator) doctor.

This medication (Forum Board) may cause dependence, especially if it has been used regularly for an extended period of time, or if it has been used in high doses. In such cases, if you suddenly stop this drug (Forum Board), withdrawal reactions may occur. Such reactions can include severe depression and chronic over activity. Report any such reactions to your (Moderator) doctor immediately. When stopping extended, regular treatment with this drug (Forum Board), gradually reducing the dosage as directed will help prevent withdrawal reactions. Consult your doctor or pharmacist for more details.

Though it is very unlikely to occur, this medication can also result in abnormal drug-seeking behavior (addiction/habit-forming). Do not increase your dose, take it more frequently or use it for a longer period of time than prescribed. Properly stop the medication when so directed. This will lessen the chances of becoming addicted.

When used for an extended period, this medication may not work as well and may require different dosing. Talk with your (Moderator) doctor if this medication (Forum Board) stops working well.

Inform your (Moderator) doctor if your condition persists or worsens.

If fomoco is allowing this to happen on the Shelby what goes out the door on lesser cars?

I just got a 07 Mustang GT about 3 months ago and the paint finish on it is flawless. I'm also very picky and looked the car over very closely before taking delivery. My cars paint is the best paint job I've had on any of the Mustangs I've owned. If there is such a paint problem wouldn't it affect all cars coming from the plant and not just a select few???

Archived