TEAM SHELBY FORUM

All Shelby's on Quality Hold

Grabber

My Shelby GT500 has been sitting at ground Transportation since 1/22/07. The VOPC has told me it is on a "Plant Quality Hold". I just talked to Ralph and he said that all Shelby's are on a Quality hold right now because they found 3 with a problem in the shifting mechinism. They have to now check them all before any get shipped out to see if the shifter needs to be replaced.

So if your car has not shipped.....that is why.

I am glad they found the problem and hope none got shipped with the problem.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My Shelby GT500 has been sitting at ground Transportation since 1/22/07. The VOPC has told me it is on a "Plant Quality Hold". I just talked to Ralph and he said that all Shelby's are on a Quality hold right now because they found 3 with a problem in the shifting mechinism. They have to now check them all before any get shipped out to see if the shifter needs to be replaced.

Damn Grabber, if it weren't for bad Luck you wouldn't have any :hysterical2::hysterical2::ohsnap:

:ohsnap: I smell a recall :banghead:

So what do you think Grabber, is mine on the way or still setting there with yours?

Grabber,

As you know my vert with built the day after yours and shipped out on 1/25. It was in quality hold for two days. Could there be something with the coupes that is not affecting the vert? I get an update tomorrow but it should be close to Chicago.

I will update tomorrow but as far as I can tell, mine was built at the same time and was not held, so all the cars were not held.

CS does not know about the hold. They are clueless.

Where you getting your info willis.

CS does not know about the hold. They are clueless.

Where you getting your info willis.

Rob

The dealer voice activate line has been my source of information. I was assigned a rail car last Weds. Confirmed that it was loaded on Friday. Confirmed it was on the way yesterday, and found it was heading to the Chicago terminal. Told to call back tomorrow to confirm delivery and mark it for early delivery. When I called last Monday while my car was in quility hold the attendent on the voice activated system patched me through to the plant and we talked to someone in quality control who was looking at my car. He confirmed it was released from quality control.

Pat

Rob

The dealer voice activate line has been my source of information. I was assigned a rail car last Weds. Confirmed that it was loaded on Friday. Confirmed it was on the way yesterday, and found it was heading to the Chicago terminal. Told to call back tomorrow to confirm delivery and mark it for early delivery. When I called last Monday while my car was in quility hold the attendent on the voice activated system patched me through to the plant and we talked to someone in quality control who was looking at my car. He confirmed it was released from quality control.

Pat

Right on Pat. I got you mixed up with Gt06 (peter).

Congrats.

yourattention.wav

Good update Rob. I was caught up in the emergency brake cable thing, delaying my car about 2 weeks. Hope they get it fixed soon. Hang in there...I know your fingernails are getting short.

Dave

yourattention.wav

Sorry Grabber-- but maybe Ralph needs to find a shifter that know how to use a clutch. :hysterical2: Just kidding!

Sorry to hear this fellas, hang in there! Hopefully whatever the problem is its not serious or widespread. My shifter was a bit stiff when I first got it, but its gotten lossened up now and its not half bad. At least on the surface it seems to be fine. Anyway, I hope they get it resolved and get your cars underway soon.

yourattention.wav

Good update Rob. I was caught up in the emergency brake cable thing, delaying my car about 2 weeks. Hope they get it fixed soon. Hang in there...I know your fingernails are getting short.

Dave

Fingernails? What are these fingernails of which you speak?

I dont know about these guys but I had no fingernails left before I even got VIN. By the time I got my car I was chewing on me knuckles and my wait was realatively short. Hopefully, my fingers will grow back..wont they? :headspin:

KC666

Rob

Pat

please PM me with a contact name & Phone Number that you got thru on, so I can add it to my list of contacts for others when they need help locating cars.

thanks

CWHR

Rob

Pat

I too have been using that dealer activated help line and pretending I am a dealer. I have my dealers permission, so I guess it is ok. They have much better info than CS.

I too have been using that dealer activated help line and pretending I am a dealer. I have my dealers permission, so I guess it is ok. They have much better info than CS.

As of now(9:30est) we are still on plant quality hold per VOPC. Next I called CS who told me my car should be here any day that my ETA was wk of 1/28-2/4. I told him what my dealer(VOPC) said , he put me on hold and came back and confirmed we are on plant wide hold with no ETA! :censored::censored::censored::censored:

Hopefully it's someting simple, like the linkage not being adjusted right ....or something like that.

I'm guessig they won't release 'em until they're sure the prob is solved for the line, and then fix/adjust the held units for release. The suspense of findig out wxactly what the prob was is killin' me! :blink:

Maybe they're putting the Steeda in from the factory :hysterical2:

As of now(9:30est) we are still on plant quality hold per VOPC. Next I called CS who told me my car should be here any day that my ETA was wk of 1/28-2/4. I told him what my dealer(VOPC) said , he put me on hold and came back and confirmed we are on plant wide hold with no ETA! :censored::censored::censored::censored:

It is good that they cought it. It makes me happy.I do not want to deal with problems once the car gets here.

If it's any consolation, I heard the exact same thing around Jan 10th then my car was delivered at the dealer Jan. 20th. The point is don't get too bent out of shape. It's frustrating but the QC hold won't last long.

Archived