TEAM SHELBY FORUM

All Shelby's on Quality Hold

Grabber

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I spent yesterday getting my garage ready for it. I got an empty stall. :cry:

I did the same thing yesterday but it worked for me. My dealer just called :banana piano: Transport driver just called him and said he would be dropping a Shelby off tomorrow at 7:45am. :banana piano: Bad news is we are to get a foot of snow tomorrow. :censored: Wed. I go in for knee surgery :censored: It's all good though, I'll try to get some pics in a few days :hyper:

I told them not to deliver it untill they had 10 coats of Zaino on it, so it could take a bit longer. :hysterical:

Your a better person than me to be that good natured about it. I'd be just a tad but upset if I had to wait this long for my car.

For as bad as you have wanted this car and as long as it's taking they better have ole Shelby himself deliver the car to your door!!!

I did the same thing yesterday but it worked for me. My dealer just called :banana piano: Transport driver just called him and said he would be dropping a Shelby off tomorrow at 7:45am. :banana piano: Bad news is we are to get a foot of snow tomorrow. :censored: Wed. I go in for knee surgery :censored: It's all good though, I'll try to get some pics in a few days :hyper:

Congrats to you GT06.

Rub it in would ya. :cry:

Your car was built the day after mine, and you get it tomorrow, and mine is still at Flatrock being Zainoed by the Flintstones. :rant:

Cancel the knee surgery & be at the dealer by 7:45 Get your car home before the snow starts. 2cts

Wish I could , Driver is going to unload and pull it in to shop until I get there. I got to go to work at 8:30 until about 11am. dealer is 30 min. away . Is there any reason I need to be there when they unload?

Congrats to you GT06.

Rub it in would ya. :cry:

Your car was built the day after mine, and you get it tomorrow, and mine is still at Flatrock being Zainoed by the Flintstones. :rant:

Your car just can't be that far behind. What did Ralph have to say today?

Wish I could , Driver is going to unload and pull it in to shop until I get there. I got to go to work at 8:30 until about 11am. dealer is 30 min. away . Is there any reason I need to be there when they unload?

I was there when the took my 07 GT off the truck. I highly recommend it if you can be there, just adds that much more to the buying experience.

post-6180-1171341510_thumb.jpg

post-6180-1171341510_thumb.jpg

Per the VOPC this morning, My GT500 is still on "PLANT QUALITY HOLD" and there system has not been updated since Jan.17th. :banghead:

I can't remember...did I say this was getting old. :cry:

What do you mean by "there system".

Yesterday I called and she called the "ramp", she came back on and told me my car was released but did not have a rail car number yet. I was going to call today and see if things changed.

Chris

What do you mean by "there system".

Yesterday I called and she called the "ramp", she came back on and told me my car was released but did not have a rail car number yet. I was going to call today and see if things changed.

Chris

I am saying there system is there information. Data in data out.

:rant:

Kitty,

I am not sleeping well. Waking up earlier than normal. I have been spending time in my shop and yard to keep my mind somewhat sane.

I found out that there is a little more to the shift linkage bolt hole alignment problem. The holes in the transmissions were too small so when the bolts went in....it caused the casings to crack. Not pretty.

I wonder? Did the trany manufacturer change a spec and didn't tell Ford? How in the heck do they all of a suddon start having a smaller bolt hole? Or, did someone just accidently put the wrong bolts in?

I would ask your dealer to cut some slack on his ADM because of this torture, show him the post of another dealer in your primity selling for MSRP. A discount on the ADM would go a long way to make me feel better. It's worth a try.

The next problem you have are those Corsa's getting filled up with cob webs, I can help you there.

I wonder? Did the trany manufacturer change a spec and didn't tell Ford? How in the heck do they all of a suddon start having a smaller bolt hole? Or, did someone just accidently put the wrong bolts in?

I would ask your dealer to cut some slack on his ADM because of this torture, show him the post of another dealer in your primity selling for MSRP. A discount on the ADM would go a long way to make me feel better. It's worth a try.

The next problem you have are those Corsa's getting filled up with cob webs, I can help you there.

I think that they get parts from different venders all the time. Kind of like the brake cable problem they had in Dec. when they switched vendors. I blew the cob webs out yesterday.

:baby:

To quote 4 Non-Blonds: I scream at the top of my lungs, What's going on?!?! :rant:

It seem like we are awfully late in the build to be running into problems like this. Shouldn't Ford have worked out all the bugs by now? No wonder Ford can't make any money. All these quality issues can't be cheap.

To quote 4 Non-Blonds: I scream at the top of my lungs, What's going on?!?! :rant:

It seem like we are awfully late in the build to be running into problems like this. Shouldn't Ford have worked out all the bugs by now? No wonder Ford can't make any money. All these quality issues can't be cheap.

I just hope it is not a paint issue. In my opinion you just cannot fix paint to make it like the original.

Chris

First, I'm sorry for my premature posting that the QH would be lifted last Sunday. Clearly that is not the case, and I can only say to you that my very, very well connected at the top source got incorrect information from the plant.

The issue is not related to paint, but specifically a significant issue with the transmission that I'm fairly certain you would want resolved at the factory before the car is shipped out regardless of how long it took to resolve. Believe me, I am hammering :chairshot: my contact for an update, and I will post any relevant information about this matter as soon as possible.

This is starting to look bad. I am back on Quality Hold!

Can someone out there find out what is going on?

Chris :shrug:

Chris,

I am glad I have someone in the same boat with me. Not to worry friend, they will make it right. We don't need a new GT500 with a cracked transmisssion casing now do we !

Hang in there with me. :grouphug:

Y'all may want to re-think the paint issues.

Of course they will never admit they are having some serious paint issues but they are!

This may not be the only reason cars are being held up but the plant is well known to give a BS story because they do not want to let it out.

Me? I just let a cat out of the bag...

Pretty soon they are going to run out of things to peg as problems?

Clutches, inflator bottles, shifters, stripes now transmissions? . I call BS on each one of them! Notice how all are vendor type problems and not FoMoCo's? Your best connection in the world is not going to tell you they have serious paint issues.

I can show some emails that will KNOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF!

You also may want to ask the poor employee who got a 30 day layoff who inspects cars? With no chance of being called back? Yeah, that guy who really did nothing wrong but fomoco needed someone to pin on it.

clutches inflator bottles shifters stripes and transmissions? I call it all H O G W A S H ! ! ! Prove it FoMoCo!

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I am starting to get sour.

Grabber

I never got a good answer as to why my car was on quality hold? When I finally got the phone number for the company that actually is in charge of shipping they told me what the problem was. Then we were able to work on the real problem and a few days later I had my car.

So many cars have been delivered in perfect condition paint wise, is there a reason that you think a paint issue just POPPED up?

I have looked at mine in natural and artificial light and the paint and fit is awesome.

If it is a paint problem wouldn't it effect ALL mustangs?

It has not had an effect on all cars but enough for a concern. I would be willing to bet there are a number of shelbys with problems but they have not been spotted yet. If and when its in area of proper lighting you will see it.

Paint issues have been there since beginning of build last June. I do not think fomo is being honest with all the latest holds.

As far as them having paint issues I know that to be true. How many? That I cannot answer, but I will say the AAI plant is not what its cracked up to be in paint department.

All I will tell you is the paint issues have gone to absolute top of Fomocos food chain and there are not too many big wigs who are NOT aware of problems. Not just among the AAI plant but to top of food chain. This all came from a very good source. Find someone who works at plant in paint dept and ask them!

Archived