TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tune

T1ck_T0ck

That's what I was wondering, how much does a tune cost nowadays?

Typical combo package price thru the vendors that help sponsor this website are around $800 for CAI and tune. Watch the classifieds on here and you can get some good used deals. Add another $300 for a smaller SC pulley/idler pulley/plugs.

Typical combo package price thru the vendors that help sponsor this website are around $800 for CAI and tune. Watch the classifieds on here and you can get some good used deals. Add another $300 for a smaller SC pulley/idler pulley/plugs.

Good deal, I'll keep a lookout thanks for your help

Good deal, I'll keep a lookout thanks for your help

Another option is the FRPP CAI and tune. You can get it for $699. It is good for 40 hp and 30 foot pounds of torque. This was a good option for me because I'm out in CA and wanted to keep the car smog legal. I did the tune and 3.73 gears together and picked up 4 tenths and 4 mph in the quarter mile. That may not sound like a huge improvement, but I am running 12.0's with drag radials and no other major changes.

Another option is the FRPP CAI and tune. You can get it for $699. It is good for 40 hp and 30 foot pounds of torque. This was a good option for me because I'm out in CA and wanted to keep the car smog legal. I did the tune and 3.73 gears together and picked up 4 tenths and 4 mph in the quarter mile. That may not sound like a huge improvement, but I am running 12.0's with drag radials and no other major changes.

How much did the gear swap cost? I would really like to have 3.73s, I had 4.10 in my old Mustang and loved them but I think that might be extreme for a daily driver GT 500

I just had Ford Racing install their coldair intake & tune at Ford Carlisle show on my stock 07' Gt500. Nice performance gain,noticable better throttle resposnse & great looks under the hood with warranty intact.I have 23000 miles on it so far...had to put TSB clutch upgrade in after the clutch was toast @16,000 miles....Ford only paid for 1/2 telling me a Clutch was only warranted for 12/12..new set up is holding up so far,will definetly go after market when this one wears out.

Call justin at vmp tuning his stage 2 and tunes are great when I had the stock blower with his stage 2 set up I picked up 115 rwhp 647 fly wheel hp I have tried all 3 major tuners I like justins tunes best and his service is great 428cj

• 2 weeks later...

How much of a difference does a tune make on a stock '07 GT 500? I know a tune for my old '05 GT really woke the car up...

About 3 times more power increase than your 05, tuning the 07-09 cars makes a HUGE difference.

Here is what I did back in 2006 when we first started tuning them:

stockvstune.jpg

The SCT X3 tuner with my custom gt500 tunes runs $449:

http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index.php?p=product&id=163&parent=106

I have packages on my website with intakes and pulleys that can take you up to 100-120RWHP:

http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index.php?p=product&id=312&parent=88

• 4 weeks later...

I have packages on my website with intakes and pulleys that can take you up to 100-120RWHP:

http://www.vmptuning.com/store/index.php?p=product&id=312&parent=88

Sorry for reviving this thread but...

Justin, seriously considering this. How would this act on a daily driver in terms of durability, etc. How hard would it be for a buddy and I to install the parts?

TRY justin at vmp tuning I have used lund,evo,and vmp I LIKE VMP THE BEST BY ALOT ABOUT 50 RWHP ON JUST A TUNE 428CJ

Not so much worried about who does it, though Justin seems to get the highest praise, I need the car to retain it's reliability after the change. +120-145hp is a big difference and I need the car to still be a daily driver in the Summer...and possibly Winter until the salt goes down lol

Archived