TEAM SHELBY FORUM

blower belt coming apart

KB

same thing happened to me about 1 month ago. I only have about 3K miles on my SS. 2.8 KB w/3" pulley. i went ahead and replaced the serpentine belt at the same time. took all hoses off the front of the motor so that i could check for any pulley alignment issues but i did not see any. I am watching my new belt closely to see if the issue comes up again. Has anyone else had this issue? anyone out there got any tips for what might be the cause? i posted early pics of my belt breaking down previously in the SS section in another thread.

Ron

same thing happened to me about 1 month ago. I only have about 3K miles on my SS. 2.8 KB w/3" pulley. i went ahead and replaced the serpentine belt at the same time. took all hoses off the front of the motor so that i could check for any pulley alignment issues but i did not see any. I am watching my new belt closely to see if the issue comes up again. Has anyone else had this issue? anyone out there got any tips for what might be the cause? i posted early pics of my belt breaking down previously in the SS section in another thread.

Ron

this is the second belt i think in 6500 miles had to quit at the track yesterday because of it

Ron

Ron,

The stock KB pulley for a 725 SS is 2.5" in diameter. I'm wondering if changing to the 3.0" pulley is causing some of the problem? Are you using the same length belt for the 3" pulley?

Jim

Ron,

The stock KB pulley for a 725 SS is 2.5" in diameter. I'm wondering if changing to the 3.0" pulley is causing some of the problem? Are you using the same length belt for the 3" pulley?

Jim

it was the belt they sent with the new 4 pound pulley i think

Ron,

Jim

Stock pulley for the 725hp SS is 3.25 dia. At least it was on 07SS0134.

Archived