TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT Test drive..

kingbri1

So I just took 07SGT4786 for a test drive. Was fantastic... Sounded good, looked good, Drove very well. Dealer let me take it out alone...now that is the way to go..! I did notice though that I could hear a subtle vibration sound from the shifter when I accelerated. Went away if I had my hand on the shift ball. Anything to be concerned about? Also, it has 39K miles on it but CARFAX shows nothing beyond 112 miles. Found that kinda odd. Anyways, just wanted to pass along I may be the owner of said 4786 soon. Out with the 04 GT I've been driving since '05 and in with the Shelby!

Some of us have experienced this shifter rattle. If my memory serves me well, I believe it was simply a matter of some loose mounting nuts/bolts.

I have not had any problems with mine, though, some have had some serious issues - I do hear a little, subtle noise through the shifter, but that's really about it. Almost as though the ring on my finger was vibrating against the shifter ball, that would be the best way to describe the sound. Though it is so very subtle and almost inaudible, as some vibration through the shifter is actually normal in just about any 5spd vehicle.

I would simply have the dealer look it over quick if they are willing to do so. Make sure that the shifter ball is tightened down and have them check the shifter mounting/linkage.

Best of luck to you and I hope that you do get your Shelby GT!! Don't ever look back if you do! You won't regret it one bit!

Edit: Spelling

tooooo much IMO.

I just found one for a client w/ 4k miles for 25k w/ nav and both headrests signed by carroll...

good luck to you either way though, they are fun cars to drive!

i agree with 444 to much$$ ive seen them cheaper with alot less miles on them

RT

We purchased ours about a month ago and it had 4200 miles and we paid i think 23,000. Now with the shifter problem we took ours to the local ford dealer and they are ordering me a new shifter because it vibrates horrible in third gear when you left off the gas. Good luck with the purchase though has to be the best mustang we have owned hands down.

Some past shifter rattle suggestions can be found here basically you need to have the bolts checked for tightness and/or the exhaust hanger looked at and perhaps removed as mine was which solved the issue for me.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/23292-shifter-rattling/

My bigger question is the hood scoop. Was it replaced with the updated rugged version or does it still have the older version that may warp over time. I ask only because this car is now out of warranty so you are out of luck getting it replaced if it hasn't already and that would be a MUCH bigger concern for me if I were looking for a SGT.

See here for more info:

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/31128-the-hood-scoop-thread/

Are you buying from a Ford dealer? if so they should be able to get you the warranty and service records.

Thanks for the links to the threads, I'll have to utilize the search more..

I am buying from a dealer. I'll ask what history they can provide. And if I'm not mistaken,. this Shelby was originally sold at this particular dealer.

Go to one of the service writers and ask them to run an Oasis by the VIN, this will get you all the history Ford has on it.

They're asking $23,500 right now..

That is quite a bit. You can probably find an SC'd car with way fewer miles for not much more...

My shifter rattles in 4th if I'm @ 3000 RPM and no hand on it. All my bolts are tight, I live with it and feel it's part of my cars personality.

Welcome to TS, and I hope you get one of these great cars!

Dan

tooooo much IMO.

I just found one for a client w/ 4k miles for 25k w/ nav and both headrests signed by carroll...

good luck to you either way though, they are fun cars to drive!

WOW...these cars depreciate fast. That works out to about $3.25 per mile depreciation (assuming the car cost $38K new).

Considering that the car is 4 years old...that's approx. a loss of $8.90 per day. (That means these cars will be free when they are 12 years old)

I can't believe everyone is selling so cheap. Must be alot of over extended loans out there.

No way you could touch my 08 SGT for that price. I will keep driving it at that rate.

well i missed it.. they sold it as I was getting my stuff together... oh well.

That only means a better deal is coming ;)

well i missed it.. they sold it as I was getting my stuff together... oh well.

That could be a blessing, you can get a SGT or a roush (sorry guys) supercharged for under 30 now. I just watched a low mile SC SGT go for 26000 in Missouri. Of course it was that slow white color........

So I just took 07SGT4786 for a test drive. Was fantastic... Sounded good, looked good, Drove very well. Dealer let me take it out alone...now that is the way to go..! I did notice though that I could hear a subtle vibration sound from the shifter when I accelerated. Went away if I had my hand on the shift ball. Anything to be concerned about? Also, it has 39K miles on it but CARFAX shows nothing beyond 112 miles. Found that kinda odd. Anyways, just wanted to pass along I may be the owner of said 4786 soon. Out with the 04 GT I've been driving since '05 and in with the Shelby!

Check this as well!

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/58374-for-sale2007-shelby-gtwhiteautomatic9000-miles/

Archived