TEAM SHELBY FORUM

STOCK TIRE Questions....

Hey guys....my car is an 09 GT500 with 13, 500 miles. Today, while washing her...I noticed a 1 inch bubble in the front passenger side tire...in the side wall. I calle the dealer and they said it isn't under warranty...which I knew..and that these tires are only rated for 20,000 miles anyway. Well, I planned on replacing both front tires anyway...but.....a few questions.

Do you guys think it wise to replace the rear tires now, as well....or wait until that 20,000 mile mark. Also, I like my stock rims and was toying with the idea of just getting Nitto's. Just curious, does anyone know the price diference on the stock tires and the Nittos?

Thanks in advance

Melissa

Hey guys....my car is an 09 GT500 with 13, 500 miles. Today, while washing her...I noticed a 1 inch bubble in the front passenger side tire...in the side wall. I calle the dealer and they said it isn't under warranty...which I knew..and that these tires are only rated for 20,000 miles anyway. Well, I planned on replacing both front tires anyway...but.....a few questions.

Do you guys think it wise to replace the rear tires now, as well....or wait until that 20,000 mile mark. Also, I like my stock rims and was toying with the idea of just getting Nitto's. Just curious, does anyone know the price diference on the stock tires and the Nittos?

Thanks in advance

Melissa

IMHO if there's a bubble I would replace them, the thought of a blowout is enough. Another member here recommended Nitto's for around the same money, I looked for the thread but couldn't find it...

I agree with replacing them.

Here are a couple of places others have recommended for tires:

www.tirerack.com

www.onlinetires.com

Here are a couple recent threads on tires. There are many more if you search...

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/57952-tire-thread/

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/58102-tire-shopping/

Good luck, let everyone know what you end up with!

Archived