TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Insider info on the Shelby GT500...

I asked Modified7 who works at the mustang plant the following question & this was his or her reply... A BIG THANKS to Modified7 for the inside story....

"How many have you seen or heard of being built?"

If you are referring to the shelby mustangs, we built less than fifty pre-production units about a month and a half ago for the 2007 mustang line, of which I think 17 were of the Shelby variety........

Next week we are scheduled to build some more, and then in early June actual production should begin on them......... hope this helps...... :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Do you know what colors were made? :headscratch: We still don't know what Grabber Orange or Alloy Metallic looks like...can you help? :shrug:

Thanks again for the info. :D

Just read a Ford in house communication. Build will be 8000 units. They supplied a Shelby info phone number. I called and was told Coupes 40,000$ Verts 45,000$. He said job one should begin early July.

Can you forward that memo to me?

rlane@warnerrobert.com

Just read a Ford in house communication. Build will be 8000 units. They supplied a Shelby info phone number. I called and was told Coupes 40,000$ Verts 45,000$. He said job one should begin early July.

I hope that means all 4,000 FORD dealers get 2 cars each to keep most dealers happy? :shrug:

I hope that means all 4,000 FORD dealers get 2 cars each to keep most dealers happy? :shrug:

The info I read this morning said: Presidents award one car, Svt Focus certified one car, any dealer certifying through testing one car, fully certified SVT dealers one car. Four max. they said after that any cars remaining will be up to Ford to allocate. Probably to the volume dealers.

The info I read this morning said: Presidents award one car, Svt Focus certified one car, any dealer certifying through testing one car, fully certified SVT dealers one car. Four max. they said after that any cars remaining will be up to Ford to allocate. Probably to the volume dealers.

Read the links I posted & it will tell you FORD dealers DO NOT have to be SVT certified to get these cars. :happy feet:

You guys that order at MSRP don't know what a deal you got--in my humble opinion. The dealer has to pay a $1,500 Certification fee, plus tool kits of which price is not yet know 3-23-2006. He also has to get sales people trained and mechanics certifiied. At our dealership--we are getting TWO and the boss sold the first one to his friend for $5,000 over. Ford will build 8,000. Each certified dealer will get one, presidents award winner will get one and SVT deales get 2. rest will go to big dealers. so between one and maybe 6 for the the large dealer. ain't many--We are a small dealer and sell about 30-35 Mustangs total a year.

Bud Murray

bud@fishervinentford.com

Read the links I posted & it will tell you FORD dealers DO NOT have to be SVT certified to get these cars. :happy feet:

Coldwater... sounds like BudFord has a different story - still have to pay to play. Wonder who you'd have to pay, since SVT is kaput?!?

Sorry for the confusion. You are correct any non SVT dealer can get one car allocated if they certify with testing, purchasing tools etc. Also a Presidents award dealer non SVT can also get one and again only if they certify. This testing doesn't make the dealer an SVT dealer ...

Sorry for the confusion. You are correct any non SVT dealer can get one car allocated if they certify with testing, purchasing tools etc. Also a Presidents award dealer non SVT can also get one and again only if they certify. This testing doesn't make the dealer an SVT dealer ...

The testing is computer based and online for sales consultants. Watch a video and watch an online tutorial, take a test and get 90% of higher and presto: instant expert who is certified to sell GT500's. Isn't America great!

I think that Ford should make salesmen read websites like this one, interact with all of you to get a feel for the customers, and have them soak up real info about the car before certifying them. Maybe even send them to one of the racing schools (Skip Barber, Bob Bondurant, etc.) to know how to drive cars of this caliber! Maybe even just certify sales people who actually have an interest in high performance cars and who own them!

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Mar 23 2006, 10:51 PM) 5888[/snapback]

The testing is computer based and online for sales consultants. Watch a video and watch an online tutorial, take a test and get 90% of higher and presto: instant expert who is certified to sell GT500's. Isn't America great!

I think that Ford should make salesmen read websites like this one, interact with all of you to get a feel for the customers, and have them soak up real info about the car before certifying them. Maybe even send them to one of the racing schools (Skip Barber, Bob Bondurant, etc.) to know how to drive cars of this caliber! Maybe even just certify sales people who actually have an interest in high performance cars and who own them!

Funny you should mention this. In 03 I stopped by an SVT dealer to check out the Cobra. The salesman and I were small talking while I looked over the car when he asked me what I drove. I replied with " a Bullitt" he looked like a deer in the headlights. He had no idea, he asked if it was a Mach :wacko: to which I insisted...No it's a Bullitt.

Couple days later he calls me to tell me he's done some homework and he now knows what a Bullitt is and if I wanted to deal on the Snake. I still have my Bullitt

B)-->

QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Mar 23 2006, 09:51 PM) 5888[/snapback]

Good points Five Oh. I'm amazed that a salesperson wouldn't know everything there was to know about their product. :shrug: As a salesperson I know my product, my competitors product and my customer. If I didn't, I'd be nothing more than a order taker - not a salesperson. You don't have to love your product (but if you worked at a dealership, why wouldn't you?!?!?), but you should know more than 90% of your customers!

Like the old commercial said, "it's not just a job, it's an ADVENTURE!!"

JOE G-You make a great point. Years ago I sold electronics for Dillards, In fact I sold a million bucks of merchandise in one year, but I always made it a point to purchase the Audio Video/Home Theater mags so I could stay on top of not only what I was selling but so I could discuss what was out their. How you can "sell" with no idea what your talking about is beyond me.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Five Oh B @ Mar 23 2006, 09:51 PM) 5888[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Good points Five Oh. I'm amazed that a salesperson wouldn't know everything there was to know about their product. :shrug: As a salesperson I know my product, my competitors product and my customer. If I didn't, I'd be nothing more than a order taker - not a salesperson. You don't have to love your product (but if you worked at a dealership, why wouldn't you?!?!?), but you should know more than 90% of your customers!

Like the old commercial said, "it's not just a job, it's an ADVENTURE!!"

You are completely right. You must have an advantage for your customer. If not, you will make a fool of yourself.

Archived