TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hot Nites and Hot Cars

SGT/SC2873

Gg and I are planning on going to this Oct 1 thru Oct 3rd. We have been before and this town shuts down the main drag for one heck of a car show open to all makes/models and motorcycles too. Also, they have a live band playing beach music. See all the details here.....

http://www.hotnightshotcars.com/

click on "Our Flyer" for the schedule. This will be one of the busiest times for them due to the fall foilage. I have booked 5 rooms at the hotel of which 2 are already taken. The regular rate is 89.99/nite plus tax but I have negotiated a rate of 72.99/nite plus tax. I can get more rooms if needed. Hotel is not upscale, but clean and we have stayed there before.

If you want to go you can either make your own reservations or pm me and I can get your information to secure a room at the negotiated rate.

Rooms will go fast as I see they are going to do a Parkway Cruise on October 3rd which they usually don't do during the other months!

Craig :happy feet:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

one last update. We have an assortment of muscle going to this show. We are heading up on Oct. 1 and will be checking out Oct. 3rd.

Carl and Kim - Shelby

Craig and Gg - Shelby

Charlie and Billie - 68 Camaro

Richard and son - race car?

Chip and Vickie - GT

Michael -Roush GT

Here is where we will be staying

http://www.qualityinn.com/hotel-pilot_mountain-north_carolina-NC580?sid=LA$pM.C6oQtgBfXg.6

We are putting together an itinerary, so if you want to go, make your reservations and then pm me w/ your email address and I will include you on the updates and itinerary emails. We will be leaving Columbia mid morning on Oct 1 and meeting up w/ Carl and Kim for lunch. After that we are planning a road cruise and supper, and of course, hotel check in.

Saturday will include a run to Mt. Airy to hang out, eat breakfast and let the ladies do some shopping. Then back to Pilot Mtn. for the car show, live band, and shagging to beach music.

The event coordinators had planned a cruise on Sunday on the Blue Ridge Pkwy, but they have canceled that due to fact that the Park Service would not allow due the time of year and traffic on the PKWY. We will be planning our own road cruise for Sunday morning to include a breakfast stop and lunch. Then we will say our goodbyes and head home.

Craig :shift:

• 2 weeks later...

Craig,

Kim and I are really looking forward to this next month....

See you Friday at my place for the cookout.

thanks, we are too. Should be a blast. Looking foward to see you and the gang this weekend. We will bring a desert and some drinks for the cookout. Let us know if you need anything else. BTW, I hope you have warned the neighbors....THE SHELBY GUYS ARE COMING INTO THE HOOD THIS WEEKEND! If not, they'll figure it out pretty quickly. HA! See you Friday. Craig :happy feet:

• 2 weeks later...

here is the email I sent out to the group that is going...looks like weather is going to great...if you are local and want to go, they still had a few rooms as of yesterday. Craig

Friday, October 1st.

Plan to meet at the Piggly Wiggly at 321 and Fish Hatchery Road at 9 am. We will leave by 9:15 am.

We will have lunch at 1pm, so if you want breakfast, please get something prior to leaving. Lunch will be at Pebble’s Place, 120 E Main Street in Boonville, N.C. After lunch we will gas up and travel onto Hanging Rock Scenic Byway. www.visitnc.com then click on scenic drives. This is about a 60 miles of scenic highway that we will take over to our destination in Pilot Mountain. Once we arrive in Pilot Mountain, we will check in to our hotel which should be about 5 PM.

Dinner plans will take us to Mt. Airy to eat at 13 Bones. We will leave around 7PM for the restaurant. (Reservations at 7:30PM- dress is casual-blue jeans ok) www.eat13bones.com Afterwards, we will return to the hotel for some drinks and just chill.

Saturday, October 2nd.

Breakfast will be on your own with 3 options; continental at the hotel, McDonalds or Mountain View Restaurant, both are next door to the hotel. We will leave the hotel at 8:30 am and ride to Mt. Airy to spend the morning hanging out in town, checking out the main drag and shops. Lunch will be at noon, Leon’s Burger Express located on Main Street in Mt. Airy.

Right after lunch we will drive back to Pilot Mountain to the hotel for anyone that needs to freshen up. Then we will head downtown to park our cars on the main drag. Although the show starts at 4pm we will want to get there early or we won’t get to park together. I expect this show to be packed out!

Sunday, October 3rd.

Breakfast at Aunt Bea’s at 8:30 am. Casual and inexpensive café. Afterwards, back to the hotel to checkout and pack the cars. We will do another cruise Sunday morning that will last about 2 hours, then leave for home.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Come on Carolina/Virgina Shelby owners there has to be more than just Craig and I going? Craig has planned out a great weekend and the cooler weather is going to be fantastic. :happy feet:

Gonna be a fun weekend. We're looking forward to it.

12 more hours and my wife and I are out of here! Look forward to meeting you tomorrow.

Craig ....had a great time, as usual! Carl, it was great getting to meet you and Kim. Hope we can get together again sometime.

Chip it was nice meeting you and Vicky... Kim and I truly enjoyed ourselves this weekend. Looking forward to seeing you guy's again, even had a blast with those Camaro guy's y'all brought with you!

Big thanks to Craig and Gg for putting together a great weekend.......

Archived