TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who Loves Their Shelby the Most - What's Your Mileage?

TX STIG

My cars will always be black.

There is a reason my car had all the people taking pictures of it at the 7th annual Summit racing show and walked right by the other non-Super Snake Shelby's.

Nothing looks better than a clean Black car (and nothing looks worse dirty!).

Next you're guying to be buying an automatic Stig because shifting is too much work!

No way - nothing to shift gets boring.

However, the Japanese version offers an auto. Bet it's pretty insane from 0-60 with AWD.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I don't feel so bad anymore about having 7K miles on my 2010 since I bought it in March...lol. Unfortunately I am going to have to put a bit more on her for at least another month. I just sold my road course-ready 2005 Supercharged Civic Si, which also functioned as my DD for the last 5 years. Hated to sell it, but two sport/performance vehicles just wasn't working, even though the Civic could run neck and neck with the Shelby on the road courses....lol. I am figuring that I might be sitting around 10-11K miles by the time I hit my 1 year mark.

The guys at the dealership thought I was crazy for having so many miles on the car. I told them that I bought the car to drive and enjoy, not sit in a garage and collect dust! :shift:

I've had mine now for a litle over 2 weeks. So far I have 38 freaken miles on it! Exactly what I had the day I drove it home.

The day after I brought it home I went on vacation for a week. I couldn't wait to get home to take it out and get some

break-in miles on it. The day after I got home, they tarred and chipped the road in front of my house! Unbelievable!

Now when you're driving on my road, thousands of little rocks are constantly pelting the wheel wells and side of the car.

So its gonna be at least a week before it's drivable in the Shelby. Sorry, but no way in hell am I taking any brand new

car out on that road. This sucks!

Picked up from Dealer 21 July. IN THE PORING RAIN……

Trip to FL for Work, Car Stayed Home first week of August.

Trip to VT this passed weekend. Great driving on RT103 and RT100, twisty turny roads. If you get stuck behind someone going the speed limit or under, great passing power. You pass them before they realize it.

Total as of yesterday – 2019 miles.

Picked up from Dealer 21 July. IN THE PORING RAIN……

Trip to FL for Work, Car Stayed Home first week of August.

Trip to VT this passed weekend. Great driving on RT103 and RT100, twisty turny roads. If you get stuck behind someone going the speed limit or under, great passing power. You pass them before they realize it.

Total as of yesterday – 2019 miles.

Passed about 20 cars in one pass on the way to Hoover Dam. By the time I was pushing redline I bet it was scaring the sh!t out of the ones towards the front. :hysterical:

BTW, I was stationed in Roton Groton in the early 90's. Really miss cruising Highway 12 in the 5.0.

Some will show how much they love their Shelby by how few miles are put on their car, and others by how many miles are put on their car. I tend to follow the latter train of thought.

2010 - purchased 11/09 - as of today 9,900 miles in 7 months (with another 5,300 miles to be added next month)

Got my 2010 GT500 in late January, 2010 and currently have about 5600 miles on it. My wife is retired and I drive a truck to work (about 45 miles round trip daily) so the car stays at home and makes trips to the store and other mundane tasks...I take the beast out on the weekends a flog it a bit. We aren't really trying to keep the mileage low, it just is working out that way. The 04 Terminator I traded in for the GT500 was 6 years old and had 40k miles on it.

Passed about 20 cars in one pass on the way to Hoover Dam. By the time I was pushing redline I bet it was scaring the sh!t out of the ones towards the front. :hysterical:

BTW, I was stationed in Roton Groton in the early 90's. Really miss cruising Highway 12 in the 5.0.

I'm sure you were Scaring them. I travel I95 alot in CT, just have to watch for the normal speed traps.

Great note about going to VT this past weekend - I91 North, up over the rise about 2-3 miles before Exit 6 Rockingham, passing a GMC Diesel 2500 P/U pulling a snowmobile trailer loaded doing about 80, pull into the right lane, guy in P/U thinks he has to try and keep up w/ me. VT State Trooper sitting in the turn around facing south in the middle of the highway, I jump on the binders thought I was going to have a P/U as a trunk…. As I went by the Trooper, there were 2 in the car, half expected them to come after me the way the 2 of them were starring at my car. But, they didn’t even move.

Rotten Groton, I’m the ROICC there right now in PWD. Not bad, I’m from CT, so family is here.

I'm sure you were Scaring them. I travel I95 alot in CT, just have to watch for the normal speed traps.

Great note about going to VT this past weekend - I91 North, up over the rise about 2-3 miles before Exit 6 Rockingham, passing a GMC Diesel 2500 P/U pulling a snowmobile trailer loaded doing about 80, pull into the right lane, guy in P/U thinks he has to try and keep up w/ me. VT State Trooper sitting in the turn around facing south in the middle of the highway, I jump on the binders thought I was going to have a P/U as a trunk…. As I went by the Trooper, there were 2 in the car, half expected them to come after me the way the 2 of them were starring at my car. But, they didn’t even move.

Rotten Groton, I’m the ROICC there right now in PWD. Not bad, I’m from CT, so family is here.

So you're Bob the Builder. LOL

Cool gig - I'm sure things have changed a lot since I was there. That's the first place I saw beer sold in a vending machine.

Archived