TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who Loves Their Shelby the Most - What's Your Mileage?

TX STIG

Some will show how much they love their Shelby by how few miles are put on their car, and others by how many miles are put on their car. I tend to follow the latter train of thought.

2010 - purchased 11/09 - as of today 9,900 miles in 7 months (with another 5,300 miles to be added next month)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm new here, I've put 1050 mi on my 2011 GT500 in the first 12 days of ownership.

(I've got a 2011 GT500, electronics pack, lighted door sill plates, SVT pack, black with red skinny stripes)

Some will show how much they love their Shelby by how few miles are put on their car, and others by how many miles are put on their car. I tend to follow the latter train of thought.

2010 - purchased 11/09 - as of today 9,900 miles in 7 months (with another 5,300 miles to be added next month)

9500 miles and I hate it

I enjoyed driving the car before the clutch failed.

However, Ford's lack of assistance on my delivery issues and now with the clutch will have a life long Ford owner from a Ford family shopping elsewhere.

9500 miles and I hate it

However, Ford's lack of assistance on my delivery issues and now with the clutch will have a life long Ford owner from a Ford family shopping elsewhere.

OUCH! Any idea on what's up the clutch? Is Ford not honoring the warranty because of mods?

9500 miles and I hate it

That's unfortunate. This economy has made most large companies soo aware of any additional cost that effects their bottom line. Your mods gave them an Easy out of their warranty. What you'll find out in the near future is just about any large manufacturer now a days would not of covered your clutch if they see those mods, especially at about 10k miles with mods. It's business 101 with these large companies now a days and their warranties / exclusions written by their lawyers. It's the same in different industries like the one I'm in, Commercial Roofing, I see it everyday. Best case is to work with a smaller company that doesn't do so much volume, this way you receive much better service. I have more than a handful of friends that have your exact same issue with warranty and their clutches with in the last year, none have a Shelby, 3 are still bone stock.

Back to topic: 9 months 5k miles...best car I've owned.

Since I picked it up last September......cough cough........1064 miles. But I enjoyed everyone of those miles!! And its my perfect-weather-only car. I only wish the wife loved it as much as me :hysterical:

You should be happy!! I created a monster when we got our 2010 GT 500 (Kona w/SS coupe) now she wants to go to all kinds of places with it. Owned for 9 months now with 5K miles (a lot of them on Shelby Vegas Bash in Jan). Will be going on the Tahoe Cruise with the NorCal group this weekend and my wife is doing half of the driving!! I am glad she likes to do it and I even got her on the track with it at the Bash for one session. Great car and just no comparison to the 70 Boss 302 I owned for 20 yrs.

You should be happy!! I created a monster when we got our 2010 GT 500 (Kona w/SS coupe) now she wants to go to all kinds of places with it.....

Good to see I am not alone. Wife stole mine 3 times last week for her 60mi one way drive to work. :redcard:

She even laughed when she told me she did a burnout, and raced some guy in a new BMW 6 series!!!!!! :redcard:

Todd

Well, I love my car, but never have time to drive it! Bought it in September of 2009, now have 375 miles as of today. Hope to drive it more in the near future. My son just bought a 2008 Roush 427R and would like to do some car shows, cruises, etc.. together so will have to make some time! I have owned alot of different cars through the years (including Mustangs), but this car really puts a smile on my face!

Caught a flight on 12/4/09 from pa to florida to pick up my 2010 GT500. Drove 950 miles home where the car would sit for three months waiting for the 9 feet of snow the winter left me with to melt.

In April my boy and I drove to Shelbyfest in Mo. and that put another 2000 miles on her through all kinds of weather.

Just got back from a 80 mile trip to the Phillies game and she currently has 6800 miles on her. Not bad for basically 3 months of driving time and the car not being my daily driver. Love the car every time I drive it.

Well, I love my car, but never have time to drive it! Bought it in September of 2009, now have 375 miles as of today. Hope to drive it more in the near future. My son just bought a 2008 Roush 427R and would like to do some car shows, cruises, etc.. together so will have to make some time! I have owned alot of different cars through the years (including Mustangs), but this car really puts a smile on my face!

Gotta make time Kona! The car needs you and you need it.

Purchased 08 GT 500 in Oct. of 2008. The car now has around 8,200 miles on it. I once drove the car to Florida and put 2100 miles on the car. It is not driven in the rain or bad weather but in good weather. It is fun to drive.

Good to see I am not alone. Wife stole mine 3 times last week for her 60mi one way drive to work. redcard.gif

She even laughed when she told me she did a burnout, and raced some guy in a new BMW 6 series!!!!!! redcard.gif

That's sweet Todd! Your a lucky man for sure. I think it's sexy when women bang gears and really drive fast cars.

I took delivery of a 2010 in april and have 2100 miles on it. Its a daily driver. People are always saying " i cant believe your gonna drive it". I say " life is to short" ! I do live in florida so its a place you can drive a car like this all year around.

Archived