TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who Loves Their Shelby the Most - What's Your Mileage?

TX STIG

Good to see I am not alone. Wife stole mine 3 times last week for her 60mi one way drive to work. :redcard:

She even laughed when she told me she did a burnout, and raced some guy in a new BMW 6 series!!!!!! :redcard:

Todd

This will be a characteristic of my next wife.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I took delivery of a 2010 in april and have 2100 miles on it. Its a daily driver. People are always saying " i cant believe your gonna drive it". I say " life is to short" ! I do live in florida so its a place you can drive a car like this all year around.

I just hit 800 miles and had mine 30 days, was on vacation for 14 of those 30. I daily drive this one as long as it isnt raining, have two kids (8 and 10) in it all the time as well, people look at me like I'm nuts when I park in a fast food parking lot lol.

I bought the car to drive it, not keep it nice for the next owner, I'll get beat up when I trade it in whether its pristine or has a patina so I may as well enjoy it :)

I got mine on the 11/11/09 it had 4000 miles and now has 17120 miles today I know I will have over 30000 miles by the end of the year. I love my car that's why I drive it every day but sometimes I feel bad because I do. The the roads in louisiana can be horrible sometimes or when I leave it in the parking lot at work or when I'm in the store and come out to find little scratches on my car. Some days i want to leave it home in the garage where i know it will be safe but i always end up driving it anyway.

• 1 month later...

Some will show how much they love their Shelby by how few miles are put on their car, and others by how many miles are put on their car. I tend to follow the latter train of thought.

2010 - purchased 11/09 - as of today 9,900 miles in 7 months (with another 5,300 miles to be added next month)

Jan 15, 2010 purchased a 2010 Shelby GT500 new. Have 8890 miles on it. Daily driver. Hell too nice to leave it in the garage. Have to ride the "Growler".

Racin' Randy

Mine turned over 14,000 miles on the way to Seattle. That's from 11/09 to 07/10 and it was NOT a daily driver.

The new owner put another 2,200 miles on it driving it home to Anchorage.

It also sat on jack stands in the garage for about 2 months while I was waiting on the wheels to be built, so that averages almost 2,800 miles a month on weekend driving and road trips.

400 miles, going on 3 months ownership. I disagree with most people on here, I like to keep mileage low so that it shows better at car shows, its easier to clean, and it stays out of the sun. I'm protecting the car for the next owner. Its what I would want if I was buying a used car.

400 miles, going on 3 months ownership. I disagree with most people on here, I like to keep mileage low so that it shows better at car shows, its easier to clean, and it stays out of the sun. I'm protecting the car for the next owner. Its what I would want if I was buying a used car.

It's funny you say that about the miles and the next owner. The guy that bought mine specifically said he was glad I didn't do that. Lol

2011 GT500 SVTPP - Sterling Grey - Race Red Stripes.

Picked up 7/13/2010 - today is August 10th - 2,200 miles.

Approximately 75 miles of that is on open track at a Shelby event.

Traded in a 2008 Z06 for this car and I hardly drove the Z06. Neat car......just for some reason didn't want to drive it that much. Maybe it was the black paint that looked good for 4.5 seconds after washing it.

Sterling Grey even looks good with dirt on it.

Happy Driving.

2011 GT500 SVTPP - Sterling Grey - Race Red Stripes.

Picked up 7/13/2010 - today is August 10th - 2,200 miles.

Approximately 75 miles of that is on open track at a Shelby event.

Traded in a 2008 Z06 for this car and I hardly drove the Z06. Neat car......just for some reason didn't want to drive it that much. Maybe it was the black paint that looked good for 4.5 seconds after washing it.

Sterling Grey even looks good with dirt on it.

Happy Driving.

I know what you mean about the black. That's one reason why the car I just ordered is going to be pearl white.

I know what you mean about the black. That's one reason why the car I just ordered is going to be pearl white.

My cars will always be black.

There is a reason my car had all the people taking pictures of it at the 7th annual Summit racing show and walked right by the other non-Super Snake Shelby's.

Nothing looks better than a clean Black car (and nothing looks worse dirty!).

Next you're guying to be buying an automatic Stig because shifting is too much work!

Archived