TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 SS white stripe pics

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here you go. Notice the side scoops are missing in action. We are awaiting the parts from Ford.

Enjoy and have a good weekend.

Roger

Thank you Roger!

Here you go. Notice the side scoops are missing in action. We are awaiting the parts from Ford.

Roger

Schweet! They look awesome. Thanks for the pics Roger.

Thank you Roger!

Rocky, I was going to PM you about this today, but I guess you found the thread yourself.

Now you can get an idea of what your GT500 will look like when it is Super Snaked. :happy feet:

I can just hear Phill drooling and panting when he's looking at those white stripes!!! I would like to see the dark alcoas on a dark car with the white stripes. Its either going to be too much dark or just right with the white stripes.....

At any rate, thank you Roger !!!

Roger

Roger, Thnx for the Pic. I have to admit, I like the blake stripe much better. I am glad my stripe is black. If I had a choice back then, I would have picked white and it would have been a mistake. The dark Alcoas are very nice.

Thnx again for keeping us up to date.

Any word on the owners manual?

BJ

I can just hear Phill drooling and panting when he's looking at those white stripes!!!

+1

Phill is thinking, "I should have waited for a 2011" :banghead:

My next guess is that Phill will absorb the loss on his 2010 and will pick up a 2011.................... :lurk:

Like he said, "it's only money".

R

+1

Phill is thinking, "I should have waited for a 2011" :banghead:

My next guess is that Phill will absorb the loss on his 2010 and will pick up a 2011.................... :lurk:

R

Robert is closest so far....

I *love* the look of the Kona w/White SS! I think the white stripe really REALLY makes the car. I've said it before, I like *contrast* and the matte black just doesn't have any. IMO, it should have had a white stripe right from the beginning (IMO, they should have given customers options, the same options OEM gave you).

And yes, I made the comment to my wife just yesterday, "I should have waited for the 2011". She replied, "yeah, but then you would have said you should have waited for the 2012" and so on and so forth.

And again, yes, I am >this< close to "absorbing the loss on my 2010 and picking up a 2011". In fact, there is a 2011 Kona Blue SVTPP car coming into Phil Long Ford "within a month" and I told my SVT Salesman to make DAMN SURE I'm notified when it comes in. I told him "we will probably be talking", asked him about trading the '10 in on a '11 and what they'd give me, etc. etc. etc.

I also noted how Roger is TEASING me with one little photo of the Kona/white SS. He said it has a polished Whipple 3.4L and I expected many more photo's than one little tease.....that's kind of like that gorgeous Blonde down the street who gives you a QUICK flash of one boob.....FLASH! Damn, I barely had time to take in the detail! And I didn't have my camera ready....

COME ONE ROGER, give us a photo essay like you did with the 2010's you posted but since there's so much bling under the hood, don't stop with outside shots!

Frickin' TEASE! <lol>

But hey, thanks for the "FLASH"!!! <grin>

Phill (I want a 2011 Kona Blue/White Super Snake with a polished Whipple!!!) Pollard

I can just hear Phill drooling and panting when he's looking at those white stripes!!! I would like to see the dark alcoas on a dark car with the white stripes. Its either going to be too much dark or just right with the white stripes.....

That's not the sound of drool hitting the floor, that's the sound of my tongue licking my monitor!

I got some close-up shots of the black Alcoa's and I gotta say.....yuck! I do *not* like them at all.

See my other post to Robert M and you'll get a feel for where I am on the subject.

Phill

Through the loss of many good friends I have learned how true that statement is. It means more to me than you might imagine.

I learned YOU CAN NOT TAKE IT WITH YOU. So ya might as well spend it while ya got it. All a bunch of money in the bank does (when you die) is make your heirs rich.

Fug 'em. I worked for mine and they can work for theirs.

Yep, yer right......my motto is, "It's only money".

Live and learn,

Phill Pollard

Phill, why spend the extra money on a 2011 with a SVT package if you are going to have it Super Snaked? Order/buy a 2011 without stripes and the SVT package and then put the money you saved on those items/options into the cost of SS package.

For that matter, don't even buy a 2011 at all and just get your 2010 SS'ed instead. It just doesn't make any sense to me that someone would buy a 2011 SVT packaged car only to have it modded into a SS. Sure, you will get credit/discounts for some of the components of the SVT car, but it will be more financally prudent to mod a car that does not have the SVT components on it in the first place. As an example, the SVT wheels and tires will get tossed off the car and replaced with Alcoas and Pirelli's, so why spend the money on parts that won't get used on the car?

I also noted how Roger is TEASING me with one little photo of the Kona/white SS. He said it has a polished Whipple 3.4L and I expected many more photo's than one little tease.....that's kind of like that gorgeous Blonde down the street who gives you a QUICK flash of one boob.....FLASH! Damn, I barely had time to take in the detail! And I didn't have my camera ready....

COME ONE ROGER, give us a photo essay like you did with the 2010's you posted but since there's so much bling under the hood, don't stop with outside shots!

Frickin' TEASE! <lol>

But hey, thanks for the "FLASH"!!! <grin>

Phill (I want a 2011 Kona Blue/White Super Snake with a polished Whipple!!!) Pollard

Once again, +1 for MORE PHOTOS!

and about your middle name.......... :hysterical: :D

Phill, why spend the extra money on a 2011 with a SVT package if you are going to have it Super Snaked? Order/buy a 2011 without stripes and the SVT package and then put the money you saved on those items/options into the cost of SS package.

For that matter, don't even buy a 2011 at all and just get your 2010 SS'ed instead. It just doesn't make any sense to me that someone would buy a 2011 SVT packaged car only to have it modded into a SS. Sure, you will get credit/discounts for some of the components of the SVT car, but it will be more financally prudent to mod a car that does not have the SVT components on it in the first place. As an example, the SVT wheels and tires will get tossed off the car and replaced with Alcoas and Pirelli's, so why spend the money on parts that won't get used on the car?

Drive the car with the SVT package for a while until Shelby needs your car and then when it needs conversion, just ask for the wheels. I doesn't hurt to have an extra set of wheels and tires lying around the house. Maybe you can use them as track tires.

just my $0.02

Phill wants White SS stripes, 2011 is available that way, 2010 is not. I agree with him that with a darker body color, the White stripes will "pop" much more than Black stripes.

As for the PP, I agree with that. "If" you want the Shelby installed SS suspension, coil overs, etc. It seems that it would be a waste of $$$ to pay the extra for the Ford installed optional suspension. Also yes, a stripe delete is a clean install for the Super Snake stripes.

R

I like the black stripes better, the white on the car looks like a stock GT500

The same can easily be said about any white, black, red, grey or silver GT500 with black stripes made since 2007. The key is contrast! On some cars like the Kona Blue you can bearly see the black stripes so what is the point. It would be no different than putting white stripes on a white car.

What I am really waiting for are some semi descent pictures of the Kona/white car.

That's not the sound of drool hitting the floor, that's the sound of my tongue licking my monitor!

I got some close-up shots of the black Alcoa's and I gotta say.....yuck! I do *not* like them at all.

See my other post to Robert M and you'll get a feel for where I am on the subject.

Phill

Phill,

If it will help, you can drive my '11 and see if you like the PP. The car came with it (I would not have ordered it since its going to be SS'd. It may help you since the Kona will be coming in with it. . Also, I am all about contrast also and will be going with the white stripes on the black car.

Hope that helps. PM me if you want to talk more.....

Barry

Well i love the look of the black wheels !!!

I think they make the car look mean.

I wonder just how much money i can keep spending on this car hahaha.

Please let us know where and when we can buy "Supe Snake" stamped black rims for our cars. Ill be in for a set.

The actual color is dark anthricte metallic. The metallic flecks are multi color. Red, Yellow, Silver, Blue etc. Kinda different.

Roger

More pics of the SS's Monday.

I'd be in for a set of those wheels only if i could keep the chrome ones currently on the car to.

Archived