TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CSX #6062

SNKBITE

Strange...this car appears to be the same one except the VIN is CSX6019 according to ShelbyCSXinfo.com and Planet Cobra (Stephen Becker) in Atlanta, GA appears to be the dealer. I believe he orders all his 427's from HST in Mexico.

http://shelbycsxinfo.com/6000-Series/csx-6019.html

CSX 6045 is being built for me and the roller is still about 6 weeks from shipping to the dealer. I wonder how higher numbers can be finished already. For an even better laugh look at the description of CSX 6064 in the Barrett-Jackson auction this weekend. And then look at the previous auction results for similar cars. Becker uses nearly the same description every time, including "LeMans winning blue" in one description and "Lemans winning red" in another. He certainly knows how to write an appealing description.

And in case your interested, he's not my dealer.

CSX 6045 is being built for me and the roller is still about 6 weeks from shipping to the dealer. I wonder how higher numbers can be finished already. For an even better laugh look at the description of CSX 6064 in the Barrett-Jackson auction this weekend. And then look at the previous auction results for similar cars. Becker uses nearly the same description every time, including "LeMans winning blue" in one description and "Lemans winning red" in another. He certainly knows how to write an appealing description.

Al, where in VA are you?

Al or GT500-07 - either of you guys ever going to come out to the Vienna Inn on Sat AM for our grease up?

I'm going to get there one of these days. My Saturday mornings have been filled with too many other activities lately.

I'm on CACC, same screen name.

Thanks for the complements - My PR Firm sets up pixs and text with the two auctions companies that I show and sell at (Barrett Jackson and Mecum) - They use stock pixs & text as the lead-in time to the event and publications, etc. are up to six months prior to the event.

It looks like your all set with Arizona Cobra on your 6045 car - I hope you enjoy your Cobra.

SGB

Stephen,

Since the copy is submitted well in advance are the CSX #s correct or are they what you anticipated them to be?

You've got to admit it's a little funny to read "LeMans-winning Shelby unique color, Russo F-1 Red, a particularly rare color" in one description, "LeMans-winning Shelby unique color, LeMans Blue, a particularly rare color" in a second description and "LeMans-winning Shelby unique color, Guardsman Blue, a particularly rare color" in a third description (taken from the last 3 Barrett-Jackson auctions). I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who believes these are rare Shelby colors.

I was extremely disappointed to see the winning bid at Orange County so low. The buyer got a great deal on that one.

Although I chose to purchase my Cobra through a different dealer I still respect your position in the market.

Al

Stephen,

Since the copy is submitted well in advance are the CSX #s correct or are they what you anticipated them to be?

You've got to admit it's a little funny to read "LeMans-winning Shelby unique color, Russo F-1 Red, a particularly rare color" in one description, "LeMans-winning Shelby unique color, LeMans Blue, a particularly rare color" in a second description and "LeMans-winning Shelby unique color, Guardsman Blue, a particularly rare color" in a third description (taken from the last 3 Barrett-Jackson auctions). I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who believes these are rare Shelby colors.

I was extremely disappointed to see the winning bid at Orange County so low. The buyer got a great deal on that one.

Although I chose to purchase my Cobra through a different dealer I still respect your position in the market.

Al

Makes me wish I had some cash. I'd be buying Steve's cars and storing them for 10 years and then bring them out. I think there will be a better market then. If not then I'd have a Cobra for every day of the week.

Archived