TEAM SHELBY FORUM

For Sale

Firedog

Apology accepted. I also will not make any political comments from now on.

Further, there is nothing that pisses me off more then dealers gouging customers for ADMs over MSRP on new cars. Its called greed. They should honor the MSRP. Manufacturers should not allow ADMs but I guess in some cases they even get a piece of the action. What they did with the KRs and the GT500s in years past was disgusting in my book. Really made it hard to feel sorry for them when every thing dried up after 10/08. In fact I didn't feel sorry for them.

In 8/08 I offered list to the dealer that had my KR (which I currently own). List was $84K. I would have paid list on the spot.! Dealer refused. They wanted $15K over. Ford dealer down the road wanted $15K over on a standard GT500 white with blue stripes at that time. I offered list on that one too. They refused.

11/08 dealer with the white GT500 was willing to sell for $500 over cost. They called me. I refused. Car sat there for another 9 months before it sold.

10/09 dealer with my KR, who was still sitting on it sold it to me for $62K.

Pigs usually wind up with nothing but mud.

Private owners are entitled to ask whatever they want. If their asking price is ridiculous the market will punish them just like the market punishes greedy dealers asking ridiculous ADMs.

I dont understand the values of the KR's myself....they are truly cool cars...but then again I could not understand why the SGT's did not sell like hotcakes either...but what do I know...I hope you get a reasonable price for your KR....Cheers.

Archived