TEAM SHELBY FORUM

For Sale

Firedog

Thinking about retirement and planning on selling my 2008500KR with 1,200 miles and signed by CS..Loaded and has Nav...Also my 2007 GT350HERTZ..#40 with 30,700 miles purchased directly from Hertz Corp. and has 5yr/60000 mile warranty.....$125,000.00 for the pair or up for offers separately....thanks....E-mail>>> fireboots3@aol.com

Two great cars bud, but you are about 45-50k high on that package in my opinion. Brand new KR's, which although getting harder to find, ARE still available, and are selling for anywhere between 58k-65k. That is for a fully loaded zero mile brand new KR. As far as the GTH goes you'd be lucky to get 35k for it with 31k miles on it regardless of the remainder of the warranty in place, and to be honest I think that's even a high figure. If you truly want the sale right now you are going to have to drop that 125k down to the 90k range and go from there. You could do some haggling in that range at least and maybe work something out. At 125k I don't think you're going to get a single nibble.

If you happen to have enough squirreled away to hold off for 10-15 years, then that would be a better bet. I do believe that you'll get your value out of the KR in that time frame after ALL of them have been sold and the limited number starts creating the collector interest that would spur the higher price you're looking for.

Best of luck with your retirement and your sale. I hope it all works out for you.

Two great cars bud, but you are about 45-50k high on that package in my opinion. Brand new KR's, which although getting harder to find, ARE still available, and are selling for anywhere between 58k-65k. That is for a fully loaded zero mile brand new KR. As far as the GTH goes you'd be lucky to get 35k for it with 31k miles on it regardless of the remainder of the warranty in place, and to be honest I think that's even a high figure. If you truly want the sale right now you are going to have to drop that 125k down to the 90k range and go from there. You could do some haggling in that range at least and maybe work something out. At 125k I don't think you're going to get a single nibble.

If you happen to have enough squirreled away to hold off for 10-15 years, then that would be a better bet. I do believe that you'll get your value out of the KR in that time frame after ALL of them have been sold and the limited number starts creating the collector interest that would spur the higher price you're looking for.

Best of luck with your retirement and your sale. I hope it all works out for you.

used can be had for less,

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=275145061&dealer_id=65312493&car_year=2008&rdm=1277195461847&lastStartYear=1981&model=MUST&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=2008&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&sownerid=88710&showZipError=y&make=FORD&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=25000&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=21046&advanced=&end_year=2009&doors=&transmission=&max_price=60000&cardist=2324&standard=false

The Hertz car is also not known as a GT350 Hertz its simply is called a Shelby Hertz. People in the know will laugh if you call it a GT350.

I would say you would be lucky if you ended up getting $80,000 for both of them. If this was 2 years ago then $125,000 would have been one hell of a deal.

+99999999

This is no different than the house flippers who buy houses and put a couple thousand into them then turn around and sell them for $30K more. No thanks....not doing me any favors here. I don't see how people just expect to invest in something like a Shelby then turn around and rip the next guy off. We're done with that age. Keep your cars and enjoy them like you have already been doing.

Thinking about retirement and planning on selling my 2008500KR with 1,200 miles and signed by CS..Loaded and has Nav...Also my 2007 GT350HERTZ..#40 with 30,700 miles purchased directly from Hertz Corp. and has 5yr/60000 mile warranty.....$125,000.00 for the pair or up for offers separately....thanks....E-mail>>> fireboots3@aol.com

:hysterical:

• 8 months later...

Sold the Hertz cars and came out with my head above water but getting kicked while down on the KR. Hard to understand why so low of value when most of us got raped when purchasing them. Could have came out ahead if i had just purchased a plain Mustang GT instead. Guess the investment was like playing the stock market which i never was lucky at either...Just have to keep our chin up and keep plugging!!...laterrrrrrrrr :banghead:

Sold the Hertz cars and came out with my head above water but getting kicked while down on the KR. Hard to understand why so low of value when most of us got raped when purchasing them. Could have came out ahead if i has just purchased a plain Mustang GT instead. Guess the investment was like playing the stock market which i never was lucky at either...Just have to keep our chin up and keep plugging!!...laterrrrrrrrr :banghead:

Sold the Hertz cars and came out with my head above water but getting kicked while down on the KR. Hard to understand why so low of value when most of us got raped when purchasing them. Could have came out ahead if i had just purchased a plain Mustang GT instead. Guess the investment was like playing the stock market which i never was lucky at either...Just have to keep our chin up and keep plugging!!...laterrrrrrrrr :banghead:

did the KR sell?

If you invested money to make money new cars are not the item . How much for the KR?i

Luckysnake:

Very simply, I didn't say I am a Sarah Palin fan. I didn't even mention Sarah Palin. However, since you seem to be privy to her IQ scores and other empirical data that allows you to conclude she is not too bright maybe you can post that info up?. Her IQ is in the double digits? Really? Where do you get your info? CNN or MSNBC? That would explain it.

I'd welcome an opprotunity to debate you on these political issues and enlighten you. This forum however is not the ...."Forum" for such a debate. But in the end I can give you many, many reasons why we would be better off with Sarah Palin and any other true conservative then the current (hopefully one term) occupant of our White House.

I'm glad you figured out this isn't the place for such a debate. I disagree with your insulting political post and have zero desire for your political opinions. Please show the same respect that you expect from others. Fair enough?

Damn, yet another thread in the KR sub forum gets hi-jacked. We're probably in the lead of hi-jacked threads.

I'm sure you would never deviate from the OP topic :hysterical: Bottom line is certain people don't know how to follow the rules, or they think rules don't apply to them all of the time, just when someone throws the BS flag.

One thing for sure I won't sit by and watch the BS pile up.

I didn't HiJack this thread. My post made passing reference to the incompetence is Washington resulting in a destroyed economy resulting in poor consumer confidence thereby affecting values of these cars. This was on topic.

This "incompetence" can be proven by fact and empirical proof (and the list is long) summed up in this countries myriad of problems...unlike the BS that spewed from Lucky Snake in a personal attack on Sarah Palin who I don't know personally which is what hijacked the thread. He claims my statement was "insulting" yet his personal attack on another person in particular wasn't.? BS!

A quick review of the above posts clearly revealed who diviated from the topic in total with an insulting personal attack on someone the poster likely doesn't even know and likely can't back up with any facts and further having completely ZERO to do with the original topic.

Don't lay the "hijack" BS at my doorstep when it belongs on someone elses.

Further, if there is a specific "rule" that has been formally adotped and published by this forum or site that I violated in my previous post please link to it and I'll be happy to comply.

REALLY People?! Good God.

First, how about we cut Firedog a little slack for stating what he'd LIKE to get for his collector vehicles. He's not a dealer, he can ask whatever the hell he wants.

And REALLY... we talking about friggin Sarah Palin all the sudden?!?! HOLY CRAP! :barf: :banghead: Good thread gone bad....

The leadership in Washington in one hell off a lot more competent than a Governor that sees Russia from her front porch, thank God she didn't get into the White House. Her IQ on any given day is in the double digits. She is far right wing and unless you are white and can possibly help her financial gain, she has no interest in you. Lets not forget about her views on abortion and if your sister is raped she should have the baby. Can she even spell Russia?

Sorry for the Hi-Jack, but you brought politics into it.

Edit: REAL ONE, your shit stinks like mine and everyone elses.

Mach 1: You fogot to refer to this post. Stop blaming me for injecting politics into tihs tread. Thats BS. Mine was a mere passing reference followed by a full tilt political rant by Mr. Lucky Snake.

I've tried to get the tread back on track. If it can't be resurrected then "whatever".

Later.

Mach 1: You fogot to refer to this post. Stop blaming me for injecting politics into tihs tread. Thats BS. Mine was a mere passing reference followed by a full tilt political rant by Mr. Lucky Snake.

I've tried to get the tread back on track. If it can't be resurrected then "whatever".

Later.

I went overboard and I apologize.

LuckySnake

REALLY People?! Good God.

First, how about we cut Firedog a little slack for stating what he'd LIKE to get for his collector vehicles. He's not a dealer, he can ask whatever the hell he wants.

And REALLY... we talking about friggin Sarah Palin all the sudden?!?! HOLY CRAP! :barf: :banghead: Good thread gone bad....

so your sayin that only private parties are entitled to ask what ever the hell they want and that a dealer is not allowed too :hysterical:

what a pant load :hysterical:

so your sayin that only private parties are entitled to ask what ever the hell they want and that a dealer is not allowed too

Yes, that's exactly what I'm sayin. It's called MSRP. But we should probably keep this on topic... this thread is already ON-TOPIC challenged.

Archived